Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm happy for him and I've got no problem with his personality or clothing brand or whatever. But I want him sold. If we can get 20-25m for him and put that towards further squad improvement I'd be very happy. Same with 6-7 others.

It's so polarised here. Either he is shit and a clown or you are a terrible fan because you don't respect his longevity here. He's been amply compensated for being here, it's not a sentimental game, he's not turned up enough, he had a decent spell under Mourinho but that's it.

hobbers

Jesus christ. One goal and you have people popping back up with this deranged notion that he’s good enough to be a squad player for us.

He wouldnt get regular starts for Palace or West Ham for feck sake :lol:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
His contract is expiring in June 2021. If we want to get at least something back he needs to be sold in this transfer window

CG1010

I don't see him playing as a squad player at all. On form, his main strength is his movement which helps with attacking flow of the team. But it requires us to give Lingard freedom to run all over the pitch and others have to then pitch in with defensive work. And it is just not worth it with his generally poor offensive output. And if we play him against big teams (a la how Fergie used Park), they will just target him in their pressing due to his poor technical ability and we will become ineffective.

So I really hope his recent involvement and positive comments from manager are a ploy to fetch a reasonable fee for him and that's it.

Kostov

Hoping someone leaves is hardly disrespectful...it’s also not some ‘make a wish’ charity for Lingard. He’s poor, has been for years and I can’t wait to see the back of him.
Disrespectful :lol:

He has been stealing a living from the club for years, and you have jokers like this pal still blubbering bullshit.

sugar_kane

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to be pleased for him getting that goal.

Nice to see the whole team celebrating with him, he's clearly popular in the dressing room and it shows a nice squad togetherness.

He's been so incredibly frustrating for the past 18 months but there was a player there once and could be again.

I think his days here are done but hating on an Academy lad is fecking grim.

gajender

Happy for him that he scored the goal but no way it was a important goal in the larger scheme of things , time for him to find another club .

tenpoless

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to be pleased for him getting that goal.

Nice to see the whole team celebrating with him, he's clearly popular in the dressing room and it shows a nice squad togetherness.

He's been so incredibly frustrating for the past 18 months but there was a player there once and could be again.

I think his days here are done but hating on an Academy lad is fecking grim.
So if some people are glad for the goal (it helped United) but indifferent towards him and still think he should be replaced so the club's squad depth will improve, that means they have a heart of stone and hating on an academy lad?

Idxomer

Two kinds of replies for this:

He really wants to stay and good on him reflecting and fighting for his place.

He doesn't want to lose the prestige that comes with being a Manchester United player and basically begging the club not to sell him.

gajender

Lack of Self awareness from Lingard in this case is embarrassing to be honest . Glad he got the goal but at least display sustained form of even being average and not being total liability on the field before putting such a post hell just do your talking on pitch why make such a show of it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think he's just one of those players that's just happy to be here.

Pace Abuser

Every time he looks passable as a footballer or in this case, scores a gift wrapped goal and delivered on a plate full of sheer fluke he has to start giving it the mawkish declaiming on public platforms. His mentality is weak. He is desperate for approval and praise. It is Giroud level of embarrassing how he is milking a goal. At least Giroud pulled off something spectacular when he was milking it in the next game during the celebration of another goal.

Working hard and giving it all are the basic expectations of anybody. Even my washing machine works hard. Talk like this fools only the most gullible. Do your talking on the pitch, where it matters.

Paul_Scholes18

It's a bit like when your Wife invites a proper Man into your bedroom to meet her sexual needs because you can't, and you're in the spare room, but you're happy because you are still in the same house as the Woman you love and you get to see the kids as well.
Poor analogy since Lingard scores! He knows when to put it down the net!
He is not here just to put up numbers!

Dante

Average bang
It's a bit like when your Wife invites a proper Man into your bedroom to meet her sexual needs because you can't, and you're in the spare room, but you're happy because you are still in the same house as the Woman you love and you get to see the kids as well.
Did you mean to say "if" instead of "when"?

BiggusCrickus

Apart from the goal he did nothing. To be me he looks shot in a redshirt. When he came on he should of closed down and harassed. Instead he stood off and did nothing. Needs to be sold and soon

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Lack of Self awareness from Lingard in this case is embarrassing to be honest . Glad he got the goal but at least display sustained form of even being average and not being total liability on the field before putting such a post hell just do your talking on pitch why make such a show of it.
I mean, he did write that he know fans have been frustrated with him, but maybe he should also have noted that he knows that fans can't read very well either?

I know that insults are frowned upon here but god damn you make it hard to keep quiet.

gajender

I mean, he did write that he know fans have been frustrated with him, but maybe he should also have noted that he knows that fans can't read very well either?

I know that insults are frowned upon here but god damn you make it hard to keep quiet.
May be if you had some basic comprehension skills it would have been worth debating with you but unfortunately that's not the case.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Poor analogy since Lingard scores! He knows when to put it down the net!
He is not here just to put up numbers!
I still get scraps you know, to be honest i'd rather have a cup of tea these days.
Did you mean to say "if" instead of "when"?
No, when, she's put it all over facebook so i'm getting my own back!

Did I mention he's great in the Kitchen as well, i've never eaten so healthily.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I feel for him. It does seem he's been through a lot personally and its not exactly like he ever stopped trying.

Think its best he moves on though. I believe I've read his mother is ill, so hopefully he gets a local move, Everton might go for it. It's their kind of move.

hobbers

It's a whopping grovelling tearjerker of a post no doubt but the timing of it. :lol: You post that when you've come back into the team for a few games and actually played well. Not because you happened to score in a token 5 minute cameo.

The fact Ole gave him 30 minutes of Prem football in the post-lockdown run in, only named him on the bench in 3 games, and nearly worked Rashford and Bruno to death in the process, tells you all you need to know about how well he's been doing in training.

Last edited:

izzydiggler

Smart enough realise his only backers will be people who see players through the lens of ‘academy graduates and fans of the club’...it’s about time some people started separating the feel good stories like that and the type of player we want to be playing for the club.

Simply, it‘s nice and a part of the club having academy graduates playing but those aren’t the only criteria...he’s proven over years not to be good enough and that’s it. I can’t imagine why anyone would want him to stay. It’s not personal, we just need better.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
There's a lot of hate here for a lifelong United player who's had a rough patch. If he's sold, wish him well but whilst he's here embrace the positives when they come.

You never know, that goal could get him back to his best.

tenpoless

No criticism allowed. This is off the pitch matter because he did not post it whilst playing, also social media culture, respect an academy lad etc.

The timing of this instagram post got nothing to do with his performances even though its clear that he used the platform to show intent and promises for when he's back on the pitch. But one can play football and do business such as clothing etc, get on social media etc, they dont show mentality and not related to football etc, timing of posts or promotions dont matter etc.

So, DONT YOU DARE TO CRITICIZE HIM!!!

Last edited:

spiriticon

I don't have any hate for this lad but if Sancho comes he will realistically not be playing football for a while, bar a injury crisis.

tenpoless

May be if you had some basic comprehension skills it would have been worth debating with you but unfortunately that's not the case.
He might be Lingard's relative because he takes everything you say about Lingard so personally. The only way for him to accept your argument is if you stop criticizing Lingard. End of story. So just do it really, it's not worth it.

georgipep

Jeez man, it’s cringeworthy.
Which part exactly? He is saying he had a difficult year when he hasn't been at his best, knows the fans are frustrated but confirms he still loves the club and everything about it and will do his utmost to help Manchester United achieve its goals. If that's cringeworthy for you, I'm sorry for you.

georgipep

No criticism allowed. This is off the pitch matter because he did not post it whilst playing, also social media culture, respect an academy lad etc.

The timing of this instagram post got nothing to do with his performances even though its clear that he used the platform to show intent and promises for when he's back on the pitch. But one can play football and do business such as clothing etc, get on social media etc, they dont show mentality and not related to football etc, timing of posts or promotions dont matter etc.

So, DONT YOU DARE TO CRITICIZE HIM!!!
Criticism is fine. Criticism of the BS hate he gets for everything he does is also fine though. Some people (me included) just can't stand idiocy and call out morrons when they act like such.

I don't think any of the posters who defend Lingard today are actually defending his form or contribution to the team's successes this season. They are defending the human being against the army of hateful keyboard warriors that seem to get off on spewing sh!t about him. Big difference.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's a whopping grovelling tearjerker of a post no doubt but the timing of it. :lol: You post that when you've come back into the team for a few games and actually played well. Not because you happened to score in a token 5 minute cameo.

The fact Ole gave him 30 minutes of Prem football in the post-lockdown run in, only named him on the bench in 3 games, and nearly worked Rashford and Bruno to death in the process, tells you all you need to know about how well he's been doing in training.
Nah you're wrong.
That goal secures him the next 4-5 years here.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He isn’t good enough. That is no slight on him as a person. I think he needs to make peace with this and look for a club where he can contribute.

Part of the club moving forward is bringing in quality, but another part is getting rid of those who don’t have the required quality and have been a part of the drop in standards over the last 5 years.

He is an academy graduate and I wish him well, but he needs to go this summer while he can still make some money for the club.

All the best Jesse, but this post is you clinging on. Just let go and enjoy the next chapter in your career. I hope you do really well!

Status
Not open for further replies.