4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Concerning thing for him should be how quickly Gomes seems to be taking to first team football, he could quickly find himself slipping down the pecking order. Of all the academy lads we've got around the first team, and there are a lot of them too, he's looking the weak link.
I'm not holding my breath. The guy managed to steal a living here for years.

DoomSlayer

Supposed to be a leading senior player this season. Doesn't look anything even close to that in my opinion.

Lingard can be our Btec version of Park and do a tactical job in specific games, but he should not be an automatic starter, at all. I'd honestly look to sell him while he still holds some value (England international and supposedly should be in his peak years) - considering the current market, some PL team will definitely be able to pay around £30 million for him.

Stadjer

Contrary to what others belive, I think if Lingard doesn't up his performances he'll be gone by next season.
Lets hope so but seeing that Jones got a big new contract after last season, it doesnt inspire much believe in Lingard being removed from the club after the 19/20 season.

Lee565

Dont know why he's still at the club, he's nothing special, he cant even be viewed as an experienced head or a good example in the dressing to the youngsters that should be getting game time instead of him, flog him.

Strats

Hope these last last season plus these two performances proves to Ole that he's far from good enough, good on him for giving Jesse a bollocking for his antics during the summer.

Still got a bad feeling that Ole will use him more than he should. Don't think any other clubs are interested in him and Woodward won't sell him since he seems popular with the kids, does charities etc. He's useless and on high wages. God help us if we decide to renew his contract and raise his wages.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really puts it into perspective hey? When you have Gomes, Greenwood, Chong and Garner coming on and making you look like the U18 player.

Get rid ASAP.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Contrary to what others belive, I think if Lingard doesn't up his performances he'll be gone by next season.
Unless Lingard says he wants to go, he is here for life imo. And to me it's part of the problem.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Still raw which is understandable due to his tender age. Needs a loan..

luke511

Well that’s just nonsense.
No one's going to buy him due to his contract demands and him probably costing way over his true value, what's the chances of him leaving on a free transfer? Woodward wouldn't want to give an asset away for free so he'll probably renew at some point. He could be here for fecking ages.

Dve

Standard Lingard game today. Looks like he had a good game according to the stats, but in reality he pottered around and contributed very little as per. The fact the likes of Gomes look more productive says it all about him. No doubt he will soon sign a new five year deal though :rolleyes:.
In reality, he had a decent game.

manunited1919

No one's going to buy him due to his contract demands and him probably costing way over his true value, what's the chances of him leaving on a free transfer? Woodward wouldn't want to give an asset away for free so he'll probably renew at some point. He could be here for fecking ages.
We have just given a good asset away for free in Herrera, but we are condemned to carry our bad assets, as there’s no incentive for Lingard to leave. Lingard will linger here way beyond his “sell by” date.

settembrini

Thought he played fine against Perth in a central role. Back on the wing against Leeds and back to being poor. Unsurprising given he's basically never had a good game in that position.

clarkydaz

Home grown and according to the coach a decent player playing fairly regularly. Can't see him ever being sold as long as he's happy with his game time.
Yep, who else would want him at this price and at this club level? Happy to be a squad player as he wont do better elsewhere and his status would nosedive

Andersons Dietician

To be fair I saw a poster in the crowd that said Beans, Beans, Beans so poor lad was probably thinking of a way to get some merch out for his brand related to Beans.

Bondi77

Lingard has not played well for ages and Gomes does look like a tidy player who seems to have a bit more game than Jesse.
I would have Angel at least on the bench for all the Europa games and along with playing U23 games that will be a good test to see if he handles the physical step up.

NoPace

He'll genuinely be an average champo player the minute his pace drops at all and he's 27 so that's not more than a season or 2. He's got 24 caps, someone in the Prem will pay 15-20M for him and that's half of a very, very good player, like literally anyone on a Spanish side outside the big 3 and Valencia.

It's maddening he's still here. Fine, he's arguably still our best 10 in a countering situation since Mata can't run and Gomes is so weak at his age, but I can't imagine we'd see any actual difference if we just gave Pereira his minutes since he'd at least find the odd goals and assist from far superior delivery and he works harder and smarter on D to compensate for not being as quick in pressing. Never mind that we might even sign a 10 this summer it seems!

klayton88

Has he got a missus? Something tells me his immaturity would put women off. The again he's loaded.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That's quite funny in fairness.

Renegade

This guy really is a prick ain’t he, just get off social media you muppets.

Trying to be clever with that Inter/Lukaku post to bring focus to his page.

Status
Not open for further replies.