4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

If people are going to claim he played badly you made your mind up before the game even started.

Patrick08

Thought he did well this half
Really? Gets the ball in right areas and then just fluffs the final ball. Keeps running into traffic with the ball with no space and keeps back passing with ample space to turn and damage. Picks out players with little space over the ones with more space.

John Johnson

Predict when he leaves the club

If he makes it to 30 and hasn't been sold he'll be here forever
Hopefully the next manager with no former connection with the club and no appearances to keep up regarding "local lads" and "youth products" will sell him

ChaddyP

In what way? Aside from running he done nothing
Really? Gets the ball in right areas and then just fluffs the final ball. Keeps running into traffic with the ball with no space and keeps back passing with ample space to turn and damage. Picks out players with little space over the ones with more space.
Being that I'm not a random hater I can actually objectively look at his game. His touches and turns in tight areas looked good. Much better than it has been and his pressing was excellent. Much better than what he has shown over the last two games. In my opinion. Feel free to disagree that's fine.

edgecutter

An improvement, but for a guy that has been around the United side for a long time he still hasn't shown anything to justify why he should remain here, never mind being a starter.

3KDré

I have no idea why he gets minutes ahead of the likes of Greenwood and Gomes- they actually have more impact on the game.

JoaquinJoaquin

Being that I'm not a random hater I can actually objectively look at his game. His touches and turns in tight areas looked good. Much better than it has been and his pressing was excellent. Much better than what he has shown over the last two games. In my opinion. Feel free to disagree that's fine.
I wouldn't say I'm a 'random hater' but I know a very average footballer when I see one, and Lingard is the very epitomy of that. Honestly must be 6 months since his last 7/10 game, and that is being generous.

luke511

when Lingard plays as a no.10, he'll pass it to a player then make a run to the far wide side of the pitch and stay there, the run helps open up space but he'll stay there and linger far wide when he's needed centrally as a no.10. We then get outnumbered easily and there's one less player curating from outside the box. He can look tidy with his short pass and move, but he's the blandest no.10 I've ever seen.

manunited1919

Ole seems to love him, must be because he wants our players pressing. That’s all that matters.

Ace of Spades

He is a necessity right now. In a pressing system you can't have passengers, and presses well. We need that currently, but hopefully he will eventually be replaced.

Strats

Nothing in comparison to Greenwood. Think Jesse is feeling the shit that hit the fan after a summer with snapchats and a shite pre-season.

This is what happens when you act like a 16 year old who's downed his first beer.

Dante

Average bang
He is a necessity right now. In a pressing system you can't have passengers, and presses well. We need that currently, but hopefully he will eventually be replaced.
Martial and Pogba are passengers in that sense. But I suppose that puts even more emphasis on the high-pressers who are top notch at it.

izec

He is better without the ball than with it, thats his biggest issue. Plus no end product most of the time.

Ace of Spades

Martial and Pogba are passengers in that sense. But I suppose that puts even more emphasis on the high-pressers who are top notch at it.
They have not been passengers in this pre-season though. All of them look to be upping their efforts.

billybee99

I wouldn't say I'm a 'random hater' but I know a very average footballer when I see one, and Lingard is the very epitomy of that. Honestly must be 6 months since his last 7/10 game, and that is being generous.
It's been almost 7 months since his last goal or assist.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Slightly better than in previous game but still not there yet.

Needs to get angry and ambitious to return to his proper Lingardinho form, but it's looking more and more like a gamble player who can't guarantee a required level through whole season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
A hell of a lot better than he was against Leeds, but it was still only 'average'. With us playing all three of Matic, Pogba and Martial we probably did need the extra pressing and workrate than Lingard bought though. Bring McTominay in for Matic and we should be right to play Mata or Gomes in there instead of Jesse.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The positive thing about Lingard not establishing himself as Lingod is that the route for Gomes in to the first team gets increasingly easier. I still think Lingard is a decent player on form, and he'll have a role to play. I certainly think he'll know his place after this season and be fine with the role of squad player. The critique of him is warranted, he has not played well in a long time and he has no fixed position really. We need a right wing who can press and score. Just get Sancho in today please.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Thought he played alright.

Agree with another poster, most here already made up their mind before he even kicked a ball.

Amazing how 3 champions League managers and our current manager all seem to rate him, but our expert fans don't.

ChaddyP

Agree with another poster, most here already made up their mind before he even kicked a ball.

Amazing how 3 champions League managers and our current manager all seem to rate him, but our expert fans don't.
Solskjær had high praise for him in post match. His pressing and ability to win the ball back is probably second to none in the side. I can see why managers like him

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Just like we don't rate Young, but those CL managers do, eh?

K13

I think he is a fantastic player, clever movement, nice touch, nice lay offs and scores the rare spectacular goal often when we need it most. He provides the link between the midfield and our front 2. I am sure by the chelsea game he will be firing on all cylinders.

We really want all our players to save their best for the league where it matters and he is a big part of the England Squad and our squad.

He seems to divide opinion just like Owen Hargreaves use to until tactically it became obvious why Owen was so key.

Jose, Ole, Sir Alex and Southgate all rate him and actually so do I. Just my personal opinion.

JoaquinJoaquin

I think he is a fantastic player, clever movement, nice touch, nice lay offs and scores the rare spectacular goal often when we need it most. He provides the link between the midfield and our front 2. I am sure by the chelsea game he will be firing on all cylinders.

We really want all our players to save their best for the league where it matters and he is a big part of the England Squad and our squad.

He seems to divide opinion just like Owen Hargreaves use to until tactically it became obvious why Owen was so key.

Jose, Ole, Sir Alex and Southgate all rate him and actually so do I. Just my personal opinion.
So if he saved his best form for the league why was he so poor in it for the last 2 years (barring a good 2months the Xmas before last)?

Pace Abuser

The excuses made for him are funnier than his performances.

Silvas'
Isco
Dybala
Firmino

Naah mate we've for Lingod.

manutddjw

The problem is people keep defending him saying “he’s a decent squad player”. I’m sorry but a squad player is someone like Hernandez, O’Shea, Solskjaer or Park who may not start every game but when they do or are called off the bench benefit the team to help us win games. This fool starts and plays plenty of games and offers nothing. He’s certainly not a Darmian who never plays and simply exists. If you’re going to say he’s a squad player then he has to contribute which he doesn’t.

UpWithRivers

he produced what -4 goals and 2 assists last season? Can't be bothered to check but whatever it is it's low. How can you be a top team where one of your front 3 doesn't score or assist much is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.