4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strats

He has some nerve to keep promoting his brand on Instagram after his performances.

Infuriating person and player.

Bwuk

He has some nerve to keep promoting his brand on Instagram after his performances.

Infuriating person and player.
Because his performances should have an affect on his personal business? Right.

Lingard needs dropped. The performance against Arsenal was cowardly. He doesn't want the ball.

Alabaster Codify7

Everyone can see it apart from Ole. Lingard is a personification of what Ole has claimed is 'The United Way' - English, academy product, (not) young. Therefore, dropping him or Rashford would seem like Ole's drifting away from the ethos that got him the job in the first place. Lingard will never be away from the first team, as long as Ole is here.

littlepeasoup

Telling that he's dropped from the England squad where he's arguably been a much better performer than in a United shirt. Say what you want about Southgate, bloke doesn't mess around.

Bwuk

I don't see him getting back into the England squad any time soon. They have so many options for the positions he can play.

DoomSlayer

I don't see him getting back into the England squad any time soon. They have so many options for the positions he can play.
There is a 0% chance he gets called again, England has a lot of talented attacking players, both in midfield and forward positions. Lingard is done as a national team player, just like Smalling and Jones are.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
There is a 0% chance he gets called again, England has a lot of talented attacking player, both in midfield and forward positions. Lingard is done as a national team player, just like Smalling and Jones are.
Can’t wait for the day that he’s sold or released. Hope that day comes soon...but I won’t be holding my breath.

Alabaster Codify7

A telling sign indeed. Hopefully pundits now start pointing out just how useless Lingard is, because I've always felt he was given a fair bit of leeway due to be 'one of the lads' in international terms. Now he's likely to be out of the fold, I hope people in the media start calling him out for being as useless as he is on the pitch.

Siorac

I like him as a player to be honest and I can see why managers pick him and play him so often. Think he’s one of those players that fellow players and managers understand and appreciate more than fans. However, to play the 10 or creative role for Man united and have such shocking stars in terms of goals and assists is just unacceptable. Games just pass him by now. He’s a great squad player but should not be starting week in/ week out.
He's a safe player for managers. You know what you get from him: he will run around a lot, play the simple passes, keep it safe. He's not going to lose you a game, at least not directly. The downside is that he's not going to win you one, either.

Of course, after a while even the most safety-conscious, fearful managers realise that they cannot afford to keep playing an attacking player who contributes nothing tangible to the actual attack.

DoomSlayer

At least now Lingard can focus on his true calling - being a youtuber and a clothing designer. I can't wait to see the new seasonal merchandise, celebrating his incredible journey from professional football player to a fashion icon. :smirk:

Devil81

Finally! Lingard will never play for England again, mark my words.
Agreed, this has a similar decline to the Tom Cleverley demise in my eyes. I can see him moving on from United in the coming years as he's not actually offering anything to us currently.

Giggsyking

Everyone can see it apart from Ole. Lingard is a personification of what Ole has claimed is 'The United Way' - English, academy product, (not) young. Therefore, dropping him or Rashford would seem like Ole's drifting away from the ethos that got him the job in the first place. Lingard will never be away from the first team, as long as Ole is here.
Dropping him for a younger player wont drift him from his supposed plan.

Renegade

Barkley,Maddison,Mount,Ali,Ox & probably Foden all ahead of him in the AM role. I’d be surprised if his called up again.

Alabaster Codify7

Dropping him for a younger player wont drift him from his supposed plan.

That's also a risk, and Ole doesnt take risks. Hence he mainly relies on ineffective veterans like Lingard and Mata in the starting line-up ahead of kids like Gomes and Greenwood.

AZ Alkmaar 0:0 Man Utd

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
From the moment he came on, you could see on his face he hasn’t been sleeping well, you could see he wasn’t focused, you could see he wasn’t concentrated with every possession. I was thinking watch him tear a muscle.

Lots of studies out there linking those aspects to injuries in athletes.

Sure enough jesse goes on to give those studies even more credibility. Ironically enough he did it doing what he does best. Running aimlessly with no attention given to intelligence

Lack of professionalism and ambition.

el3mel

A chance missed and a hamstring Injury. Great cameo I see.

Last edited:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I wouldn't ever wish an injury on any footballer, never mind one of ours, but we won't miss him if he's out for a while.
I don't like that that's the case, but it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.