4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

edgecutter

He was fine, but needs to improve his decision making. We still need an upgrade.

marktan

His attacking quality is non-existant but what you do get with him is a lot of work rate, which helps us counter-attack / defend deep. That's my worry with putting Pogba into the number 10 position, he doesn't work half as hard, though his attacking quality is more then double Lingards. If we had someone like Mane or Bernado who work hard and have quality that'd have been ideal.

kiristao

Had a good game but I really hope that he used has a backup for Pogba. Pogba in that role with Rashford, Martial and James making those kind of runs will be wonderful to watch

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fits the team in that position better than anyone else (bar Pogba). Glad to see him getting back in form.

freeurmind

weak willed
Best from him in a long while. Good to see he looks like he's got his confidence back. He's got 4,5 months to get himself in the England squad for the Euros.

Treble

Played very well, his pressing and speed were important to the tactics.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Had his best game in many months, he was good, always on the move, linked up the play.

Few sloppy moments which is expected as players were under too much pressure, overall it was good game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Always shows up in the winter months! :lol: Glad to see him back to his best.

Geekie

He is a way better option than Pereira in that position (which speaks more about Pereira than him to be fair), should start for us until Pogba is back (and willing to play)

AFC NimbleThumb

Thought he played well. Obviously lacking confidence but has really put in a shift the last 2 games; with an attacker on form like Rashford he’s performances can supplement the team for energy/movement.

A far better option than others but not the man you ideally want starting most games.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I thought he played well in fairness.

What difference would Pogba have made, where do you think he got it wrong out of interest?
For me it's just his general lack of quality in his passing, which in turn makes him not have the confidence to play those incisive balls through to our front 3 especially on the break. The pass is always just a bit off. Then you watch KDB on the other end cutting us apart with just fizzing through passes without a second thought, and you realize how important a 10 is who can really provide quality service and not just work rate.

Mind, I thought he was solid today in the overall scheme, but he plays possibly the most important position on the pitch and he gets exposed at times for not being good enough in games where every pass and bit of quality can make a difference like the one today.

Based Adnan

Lack of quality was obvious at times but linked play well when we transitioned. Good game overall.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's clear we need more quality in his position in the first XI but he did well tonight, fair play.

christian bennett

Another good performance keep playing like that and the goals and the assists will come for him.. big if though !

Andersons Dietician

He was good today. Pretty much set the tone for his game where in like the 1st minute he had this one touch and turn which was sublime. Very unlike him.

ManRed

Not good for United. But for now he is the best we have in that position. Andreas has been getting worse each game.

Paul_Scholes18

Very good today and good against Spurs. Has found form finally this season. Need to score more though.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I haven't said a nice thing about him in I don't know how long but today I thought he was great. First 30min was the best he's played in years.

kundalini

Very good performance, especially first half. I liked his first time cross-field passes after he'd received a throw-in.

Matches with tons of space to counter-attack, suit him a lot better than facing a deep block.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's much better than Andreas.

Though we need better than Lingard too in that role.

Dante

Average bang
His touch, close control and one-touch passing were very good today.

A lack of end product as usual this last 12 months, but his technical play was excellent. He had two chances from difficult angles and could probably have done a little better from them. The lack of creativity was an issue at times, but his willingness to show for a pass and his desire to get involved was positive.

Pogba in that role would have hurt the team. We were set up for the counter, and Lingard in the hole was the only option in the squad that would have worked.

It tells you everything that after Martial got subbed, Jesse went to centre-forward. Ole wanted to keep his intelligence and workrate high up the pitch, through the middle/between the lines.

I'm glad he's rediscovering his form after a shitty year or so. He'll never be top class, but he's a brilliant squad option who always does his best. It's not his fault that the rest of the squad aren't good enough to take his place from him.

OohAahMartial

He has the best understanding and relationship with Rashford and Martial, out of him, Mata and Pereira, and fits what Ole is trying to do the most. Obviously we will upgrade on him, but he's been important in these two results, and his absence in our poor run.

redshaw

Pleased for him he did well. Close to scoring a couple too.

Reminded me of how well he played a couple of years ago away to Arsenal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was very good today.

not a huge fan of Lingard but credit where’s its due he loves these big away matches.

he looks back to full fitness too, he was sprinting just as fast as James did on one counter which surprised me

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think this pov that he's overly cocky and confident is abit of a facade/front with Lingard.

It's been evident,under the surface, that his loss of form has affected him quite deeply this season so I've been happily impressed with his recent form.

His body language seems alot more upbeat/positive recently after the Astana result,in which he looked quite glum ,imo.

Regarding his future with us :
We can and fundamentally should upgrade on him, though on this form he certainly has his uses.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I like him because sometimes it genuinely does feel like we attack with a front 4 when we play Rashford Martial James, Lingard & the opposition have absolute no understanding what to do. 4 against 4 at best.

When we just play Pereira he plays too much like a midfielder and things become a bit more static and easier to handle.

VJ1762

This guy really is the Winter Soldier. Only turns up in December and January. Maybe he should only get paid for these 2 months.

TrustInOle

I feel this is his place in the squad, not the same type of player nor nealry as good, but like Park, he others something different against the big teams. Seems being dropped has hiven him a kick up the backside to, haven't seen much of a social presence either. Fair play to the lad.

RedDevilRoshi

I, just like a number of others on here have been one of his biggest critics but credit where it’s due, he had a very good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.