Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
He was decent against Spurs and good against City, he's not crucial to it and we'll see that once Pogba returns and benches him. Pereira was also filling that role well, the secret isn't in the AM, it's in what McTominay and Fred allow the AM to do.
It will be McTominay or (more likely) Fred that's dropped for Pogba.

Pereira filled the role really badly. We've looked like a different team the last couple of weeks. Far more fluid, and with a much better passing tempo.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He got involved a lot and influenced the game, yet still managed to be shite. A Jessie Lingard good performance.

SAFMUTD

The other options (Pereira basically) are so bad that he looked decent.

Still not good enough, should improve on him and Pereira.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Take a look at how Pep approaches Liverpool fixtures nowadays. Very apprehensively. In our fixture, Walker had to look after Rashford and thus wasn't as attacking as he could be.

So yes, he most likely will adjust his gameplan if we have more quality. Not Pogba alone of course, but Pogba + that front 3 for sure.
What are you talking about? Walker spent more time in our half than he did his own. He was constantly getting deep in our end...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Pereira filled the role really badly. We've looked like a different team the last couple of weeks. Far more fluid, and with a much better passing tempo.
No chance, no manager worth their salt would break up that midfield partnership.

And he really didn't, he filled in very badly in midfield but he was alright in AM. We looked good starting against Norwich when Martial came back and continued to do so up until McTominay got injured against Brighton, notable exception being Bournemouth, we had two shaky matches without him where we drew, he came back into the side and we've won both games and I think we'll beat Everton next week too.

Solskjaer said this a few weeks back, which to me indicates he's looking at playing him as the 10:

“The beauty we have with Paul is that he can play in so many roles. He can play in a two, he can play in a three and he can play as a No10.”

manunited1919

Play Lingard against Everton and the other upcoming matches, where defenses are packed, and we will be dropping points again. The pecking order at 10 should be Pogba, Pereira, Mata and lastly Lingard whenever we need creativity. Lingard just doesn’t have technical skills or football brain to play against the 80% of the teams which park the bus at us.

eire-red

He needs to up his efficiency to be considered even a valuable squad player. Still, he despite Pereira's brief decent spell from the Liverpool game for a couple of matches, he's been shocking.

We know Lingard can produce, he's done so in the past. Pereira hasn't and has not shown much in the last month to suggest why he should be at this club. In fact, the performances have coincided with him not being in the team.

Right now, I would rate Lingard our most effective option in 10 (bar Pogba's return to fitness ofc) mainly due to his greater intelligence of the game and his movement creates more space for the front 3. To be honest, that's pretty much it. He's tidy on the ball at times, but doesn't create. Still, his contribution just shades that of Mata and Pereira, which is saying something.

Desperately need reinforcements in the middle.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You can tell his confidence is back which is a good thing because a 'average' player low on confidence is completely useless however a 'average' player high on confidence can be useful like yesterday

He's always going to lack end product but his movement and pressing were vital to our attaching play and surprisingly he did have some moments of genuine quality

I'd take yesterday's Lingard over Andreas every single week

Dve

I´ve heard described by celebrities how tough it actually is to be object to massiv criticism and sometimes direct abuse out in the public. One of those things that is hard to gasp if you havn´t been there yourself.

And despite the impression some fans seem to have of him on a personal level, he seems well liked both by the other players and the manager. Lingard is a United boy, and it can only be for the good if he starts playing to his potential - what ever that is. But then support from the fans will do him a world of good.

Raw

It's mainly the fact that he lasted for like 65 minutes before getting hooked off that bothered me. Just a complete nothing performance from him today.

mewnew11

I wish all his personal problems go away.

However he starting games is such a problem for us. He can't even control a pass or play a simple two yard through ball.

Such a fraud footballer. Keeps telling everyone he is coming back into form.

Needs to leave this summer. But ole loves him so a new contract incoming because he is apparently United blood.

Djemba-Djemba

Ole has to stop playing him.

He is fecking rubbish. Every move or attack gets to him and then instantly breaks down. He has so little quality.

Very close now to a full year with him not scoring or getting an assist in the Premier League for a full year. Just horrendous stats.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very poor, even by his own standards it was shit performance.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
As bad as he is, that’s possibly the worst I’ve seen him. Guinness book level rubbish today.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Has to be at the end of his United career. Could not do even basic stuff like control the ball. Seemed like he was very nervous. He is 27 years old for fecks sake.

I would be surprized if he starts another game again. I think his time is coming to an end and rightly so.

Mike Smalling

Lingard can be useful enough in an away where we set up to counter, but in no way should he start homes games against weaker opposition. Mata or Greenwood from now on please!

Based Adnan

Has to be at the end of his United career. Could not do even basic stuff like control the ball. Seemed like he was very nervous. He is 27 years old for fecks sake.

I would be surprized if he starts another game again. I think his time is coming to an end and rightly so.
This is a naive take. He will get rewarded a new contract and play for us for at least another season or 2. Ole seems to adore him.

spiriticon

Just not creative enough to be a regular #10, not fast enough to be a regular right winger, not strong enough to be a regular centre mid.

Versatile enough to provide some options from the bench but that's it.

Stadjer

A two men midfield of Fred and McT is better than any three men midfield when Lingard is part of that three men midfield.

I rather play with McT and Fred in midfield with Martial behind Greenwood in attack.

Manny

Grammar Police
He is such a ball watcher, he has no idea what is going on around him.

So his first touch is tentative because he is worried he will get clattered by the defender and when he does have time, he has to make up the next phase of play on the spot which he is not smart enough or technically good enough to do.

manunited1919

I voted him man of the match, because when you play like that and your manager leaves you on for 70 minutes, what can you expect out of the match?

manunited1919

I would say sloppy is a better word when it comes to Lingard.

NJM78

He is shit, can’t stand him as a player. Long for the day he is gone but that probably won’t be for 8 years.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Back to his 2019 norm today and on that basis shouldn't be starting against Watford

M Bison

Supports
York City
Useful when we’re playing against a top side away and we need to dig in, but against a side where we are favourites isn’t up to it, lacks the quality needed.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
What does it take to get rid of him. Can just imagine him still being our 10 in fifty years time.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Looked very nervous. Could not control the ball or make the correct pass at all.

Stadjer

Useful when we’re playing against a top side away and we need to dig in, but against a side where we are favourites isn’t up to it, lacks the quality needed.
Ideally you want a (much) better player in those top games too... but yes, he doesnt look as bad during those top games as he does during a game against a lesser side.

Certainly looks like he would fit in at a club where they mostly play better teams. Watford would be great for him.

Pace Abuser

He was probably wondering what he's going to feed his siblings with his millions. Poor sod.

drdoityourself

When he gets the ball, he has no will to create or attack. Not a good feature as an attacking midfielder.

I didn't think he was more than okay against Spurs and City, but even so then just see him as he is.
A cog in a defensive system, but shouldn't be on the field in when we want to have some control of a game.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Ole is not doing him any favours. Just drop him and let him settle his family problem.

Give him an extended break or something.

Also, at the risk of sounding insensitive, surely someone who earns 100k+ per week can afford some kind of help?

Status
Not open for further replies.