4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Just our luck this joker was born in Manchester and ended up playing for United.
Ridiculous. Shameful.

The wonderful thing about our academy is we fuel the league. So many players have come through the ranks , seen a few minutes at United and then gone on to have decent careers elsewhere.

The problem is the manager and the owner not moving him on and replacing him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is back to his best now, at least that's what he said.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's not good enough but he doesn't pick himself. So some of the criticism is over the top.

Alemar

He's not good enough but he doesn't pick himself. So some of the criticism is over the top.
this is in fact true. He doesn’t pick himself to start games, it’s up to OGS. But Lingard was relatively poor yesterday, so to speak

Sylar

He shouldnt be starting for us in 2020. He should have been pulled off at half time (if not before). TBH, he shouldnt have started and I think a few (well many) would have said so.

We looked a better team and more likely to score once he went off.

izzydiggler

He shouldnt be starting for us in 2020. He should have been pulled off at half time (if not before). TBH, he shouldnt have started and I think a few (well many) would have said so.

We looked a better team and more likely to score once he went off.
No way his performance merited that.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
The cynic in me says hes doing stuff like this and the recent Daily Mail interview to try and get some sympathy from the fans and get them onside.
You're not the only one.

His early miss sums him up, hit with zero conviction at all. An attacker with no end product, what's the point? As soon as he went off, we were more dangerous instantly. His replacement, a youth team player making his first starts for the club, almost 10 years younger than him.

He's so bad, that we will struggle to give him away. Which relegation team is going to pay his wages?

Last edited:

Strats

The cynic in me says hes doing stuff like this and the recent Daily Mail interview to try and get some sympathy from the fans and get them onside.
I feel the same.

His Daily Mail interview told that Ole put him under pressure(rightly so) for his antics during the summer and he hasn’t been putting in performances responding to that whatsoever. Lingard knows this.

Last edited:

Number32

He provides nothing, at least Pereira can take decent corners and fk, mata can make movement and experience, he is our dead card in attack. Playing with 10 men is better than starting him on the pitch.

Djemba-Djemba

You think he deserved 60-70 minutes instead of 45?
Think he's making a joke about being "Pulled off".

Lingard in real life seems a nice, if pretty immature guy. He's clearly grown up a Utd fan and I like us giving local lads and lifelong fans a chance at the club because if it works out it's the ideal scenario of having quality players who love the club and will never leave. Look at the likes of Scholes or Giggs.

However it is crystal clear Lingard is nowhere near good enough. He's an attacking player who has gone a year without a goal in the PL and is a week away from going a year without an assist either. He has the worst numbers of any attacking player I can ever remember for Utd.

I reckon if we'd played Rojo in Lingards position in the last year he'd have scored and assisted more goals. If we have any ambition of winning the league again Lingard has to go.

theklr

Where are all the idiots who've been saying this guy should start instead of Pogba? He has 2 average games and this place was going crazy with praise.
Tbf, those games is also the only type of games that suits him. Low-block/compact defenses does not.

Alabaster Codify7

Think he's making a joke about being "Pulled off".

Lingard in real life seems a nice, if pretty immature guy. He's clearly grown up a Utd fan and I like us giving local lads and lifelong fans a chance at the club because if it works out it's the ideal scenario of having quality players who love the club and will never leave. Look at the likes of Scholes or Giggs.

However it is crystal clear Lingard is nowhere near good enough. He's an attacking player who has gone a year without a goal in the PL and is a week away from going a year without an assist either. He has the worst numbers of any attacking player I can ever remember for Utd.

I reckon if we'd played Rojo in Lingards position in the last year he'd have scored and assisted more goals. If we have any ambition of winning the league again Lingard has to go.

This is the bottom line for me. Put aside your views on Jesse Lingard the person, and the fact is his performances and numbers as a key attacking player for MUFC are quite frankly horrific.

redcafe_reader

When he gets new contract( and he will, it is 100%) it will be biggest meltdown ever
It's inevitable. We are just waiting for a chance to announce it.

The media narrative already started: He's "back to good" again, and he's the "victim" of the situation. Judging by the reaction of our fan here and in Reddit, I can say it's worked.

Man Utd 3:0 Colchester

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The thing which is the most amazing is how he is on the same level of shit no matter against who we play. Colchester, Derby, Everton, Liverpool...same style, same game. Runs around, gets the ball, passes the ball to nearest player, runs away. No risk, no some killer ball, forward passing, some creativity...nothing.

Other deadwood at least in those game show something. He does nothing. Worst player ever in our shirt

Stadjer

I really dont see why Ole plays him in todays game. He did play against Everton, he is not some young player who would benefit from the first team experience and it wasnt like we needed a goal or assist when he was brought on (for some reason Ole does bring him on when we need a goal). Ole doesnt seem to like Gomes but why not give a young player some first team experience instead of wasting even more minutes on Lingard?

Pace Abuser

I thought we all had to love him no matter what again because he has been given some domestic chores to do?

manunited1919

Is there any way that Lindgard will ever be comparable to De Bruyne? Because that’s the level we need for a number 10, to be able to unlock tight defenses in premier league.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
The thing which is the most amazing is how he is on the same level of shit no matter against who we play. Colchester, Derby, Everton, Liverpool...same style, same game. Runs around, gets the ball, passes the ball to nearest player, runs away. No risk, no some killer ball, forward passing, some creativity...nothing.

Other deadwood at least in those game show something. He does nothing. Worst player ever in our shirt
Take a break, Andy. Go lie down in a dark room for a bit.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Is there any way that Lindgard will ever be comparable to De Bruyne? Because that’s the level we need for a number 10, to be able to unlock tight defenses in premier league.
We don't need the best player in the world in each position. Who are you recommending in that role? We're all agreed that we need an upgrade but let's not lose the run of ourselves.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He shouldn't start in games United are expected to dominate and were the opposition camps in their own half. It's obvious he's a weak link in those games.

Bojan11

Please get him out of this club.

Fair enough he has issues with his family. But he was never good enough to begin with. He wouldn’t get in most prem teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.