Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The best thing about Ole is that he’s giving all these players chances, time and time again. Lingard has no excuse why he’s not performing and no one should blame the manager for it. Ole managed to improve players like Rashford, Martial, Fred and etc. Why can’t he do it to Lingard? The answer is obvious that the player is just not good enough and will not improve especially at his age. I’ll be surprised if he’s still here next season, if he is insisting to stay next season and end up not having minutes, he shouldn’t be blaming the manager like what Matic did.

Godfather

What's the point of his 3 yard lay offs every time the ball comes to him? Everytime he has the opportunity for an opening he can't control the ball.
It's the only thing he can. He has no vision, his passing is atrocious as is his close control in tight spaces. He lacks creativity too. So what else is there. He really should go this summer. He is just a waste of squad space at this time.

-Supreme-

The best thing about Ole is that he’s giving all these players chances, time and time again. Lingard has no excuse why he’s not performing and no one should blame the manager for it. Ole managed to improve players like Rashford, Martial, Fred and etc. Why can’t he do it to Lingard? The answer is obvious that the player is just not good enough and will not improve especially at his age. I’ll be surprised if he’s still here next season, if he is insisting to stay next season and end up not having minutes, he shouldn’t be blaming the manager like what Matic did.
His contract runs out in 2021 with an option to extend another year

I won't be surprised if we activate his 1 year extention but if we give him a new contract after that then we might as well give up on how the club is managed until the management team is replaced

Rolaholic

What a fecking joke that he still gets games for us.
He's a CAM/forward player who doesn't score or assist but at least he runs a lot...

I'd say I'd rather see Pereira get playing time at his positions over him even though Pereira has looked shocking at times this season.

Lingard has always been a decent squad player to me irregardless of one purple patch under Mourinho, he shouldn't really ever be starting for a big club like United

-Supreme-

He's a CAM/forward player who doesn't score or assist but at least he runs a lot...

I'd say I'd rather see Pereira get playing time at his positions over him even though Pereira has looked shocking at times this season.

Lingard has always been a decent squad player to me irregardless of one purple patch under Mourinho, he shouldn't really ever be starting for a big club like United
I hear this a lot on here, but is he really a decent squad player even though he doesn't score or assist as a forward player?

ColvaleGoa

I think Jesse needs to get 2019 done and over with.. He is neither going to score or assist in 2019. Let's hope 2020 brings back the Jesse of old.

Rolaholic

I hear this a lot on here, but is he really a decent squad player even though he doesn't score or assist as a forward player?
Coming off the bench he's always done a decent job of putting pressure on opposing back lines and trying to make things happen but him starting matches should be a non starter for any manager.

He's shown that he doesn't really possess the quality needed to be relied upon week after week, even though he has had the chance to prove otherwise

-Supreme-

Coming off the bench he's always done a decent job of putting pressure on opposing back lines and trying to make things happen but him starting matches should be a non starter for any manager.

He's shown that he doesn't really possess the quality needed to be relied upon week after week, even though he has had the chance to prove otherwise
I don't think you quite understood the expectations of a squad player...

Coming off the bench for 10-20 mins should be saved for youngsters to gain experience

A squad player should be expected to perform at a decent level whenever he's called upon, even to start games and challenge the first team players.

DoomSlayer

Lingard can only play well on the break, he doesn't have any ability or physicality to play against defensive teams. For all his faults and deficiencies, Pereira is miles better when we need to unlock a team that is packed in their own half.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Remember those few weeks when he was so good his performance thread title was changed to 'Jesse LinGod'?

Good times.

Paul_Scholes18

He needs a proper manager to coach him. When he got too much freedoms he just makes random pointless runs most of the time.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can't hate him.
Football is not that important. You have to look at the club for keeping players like him.
His output as an attacker is atrocious. But we have known this for years.
Mata, Rojo, Young, Jones etc. What are they doing here?
This guy will get an extension, it's inevitable. You may not like him but all those teenagers and kids love his style.
Beans beans...beans!!

DoomSlayer

I can't hate him.
Football is not that important. You have to look at the club for keeping players like him.
His output as an attacker is atrocious. But we have known this for years.
Mata, Rojo, Young, Jones etc. What are they doing here?
This guy will get an extension, it's inevitable. You may not like him but all those teenagers and kids love his style.
Beans beans...beans!!
Ole should rightly be heavily criticised if Lingard is given a new contract with his current performances. But I don't think it will happen, Lingard admitted that he is on his last chance this season.

Idxomer

Remember those few weeks when he was so good his performance thread title was changed to 'Jesse LinGod'?

Good times.
Fergie was right when he said Lingard was going to peak late, shame he didn't finish his sentence and told us that peak was going to last less than 2 months.

gajender

He's an odd player for sure, he clearly has ability, but maybe only through massive effort, and has his eye off the ball completely, which is now showing big style.

Personally I think he will click again at some point, but he's a sub at best for now.
That's the thing it's the ability he is clearly lacking .

Paul_Scholes18

You were talking shit in the Lukaku thread and now you're doing the same here?

What is shit? That a good manager can improve the players? Lingard used to play much better than he does under Ole. His movement is potentially good if he gets better instructions and play in a team with better/more combinations between the players.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
What is shit? That a good manager can improve the players? Lingard used to play much better than he does under Ole. His movement is potentially good if he gets better instructions and play in a team with better/more combinations between the players.
Lingard played shit under Jose too

Djemba-Djemba

Lingard was almost as shit under Jose.

He's had one 8 week period in his entire Utd career where he was good. He was shite for years before that, and has been shit for years after it.

Renegade

What Kind of feedback is Ole giving him? How can he really think his performance level is good. Also his idea of what a n10 should be doing. Christ.

jem

So launching a clothing line and his own youtube channel was done behind his back.

"YouTube is not ready for me!"

My god what an embarrassment - reminds me of the incredibly annoying YouTubers that my 6-year old daughter watches. Of course if he wasn't so useless on the field, I probably wouldn't care (it'd be cringe-worthy, but easy to get over.)

manunited1919

What is shit you ask? Lingard, Lingard is shit is the answer. He must be sold.

PoTMS

So you have Liverpool who have not lost for a entire year in the Premier League and then you have Jesse Lingard who has not contributed to a single goal in that same time period. Standards.

What the feck is going on at our club?

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
So launching a clothing line and his own youtube channel was done behind his back.

"YouTube is not ready for me!"

There's lacking self awareness and then there's this.

:houllier:. There's lacking self awareness and then there's this. Amazing how dim witted some footballers can be...

Paul_Scholes18

Lingard played shit under Jose too
Under the last season yes. Under the first two seasons he played much better. Also I don't hold Jose as one of the best attacking managers anyway.
What is shit you ask? Lingard, Lingard is shit is the answer. He must be sold.
He has been very bad under Ole, but good enough to help us to top 2 under Mourinho. Thus I say Oles management is a massive reason why he is this bad.
He also played well for England in the world cup after that season and looked pretty good in earlier seasons.
He is only 27 so it is not like with Mata that age is the reason for the decline.
Low confidence and poor tactics which Is on Ole to fix.

TrustInOle

Lingard has nothing on Periera tbh. Hence Andreas getting more game time. Still not United standard, but I would get rid of Mata and Lingard before Andreas, who has potential to be a long term squad option.

TrustInOle

Under the last season yes. Under the first two seasons he played much better. Also I don't hold Jose as one of the best attacking managers anyway.

He has been very bad under Ole, but good enough to help us to top 2 under Mourinho. Thus I say Oles management is a massive reason why he is this bad.
He also played well for England in the world cup after that season and looked pretty good in earlier seasons.
He is only 27 so it is not like with Mata that age is the reason for the decline.
It is hardly Ole's fault that Lingard can't control the ball, can't find a pass, no vision, little body strength and no composure in front of goal. At least Andreas and even Mata are creating chances and realeasing players close to goal. All Jesse really offers is the occasional flashy one- two, and even then it's 50/50 they come off. Also worth noting that his energy levels are no longer noticeable now the whole squads fitness has been improved.

One thing Ole can not be doubted on is improving our players and to say otherwise without pointing out evidence is clear Ole out- Bias.

Paul_Scholes18

It is hardly Ole's fault that Lingard can't control the ball, can't find a pass, no vision, little body strength and no composure in front of goal. At least Andreas and even Mata are creating chances and realeasing players close to goal. All Jesse really offers is the occasional flashy one- two, and even then it's 50/50 they come off. Also worth noting that his energy levels are no longer noticeable now the whole squads fitness has been improved.

One thing Ole can not be doubted on is improving our players and to say otherwise without pointing out evidence is clear Ole out- Bias.
I don't think Ole has improved players much. Greenwood is new so fair enough, but that could be U-21 manager that did most of it. Rashford has played well before Ole and is growing mainly from playing more. Mctominay showed the talent before him and could have been even better under a better manager.
The rest are pretty much playing worse than before.

TrustInOle

I don't think Ole has improved players much. Greenwood is new so fair enough, but that could be U-21 manager that did most of it. Rashford has played well before Ole and is growing mainly from playing more. Mctominay showed the talent before him and could have been even better under a better manager.
The rest are pretty much playing worse than before.
Simply no evidence like I first said. Statistically our front 3 are being more lethal in front of goal than any front 3/2 i have seen from United in recent seasons. Your comment on Rashford makes no sense, when his finishing and composure have improved immensely this season, along with the position he is now playing, which is all down to the manager. Martial, other than the injury, is finding his feet as our number 9, bringing the other forward players into play quite often as a playmaker. Andreas, whilst possibly still mot good enough, has improved and easily our best number 10 currently. Scott has shown leaderhship and consistency which wasnt given a chance to shine by the previous manager, not seeing this potential and playing him from a striker to a defender.
The handling over the youth has been exceptional, with many of our fan base quick to rush them in, they have been given time to find their feet and we are seeing Williams, Greenwood and Axel all perform when played.

You say a better manager would bring more out, but the last 6 seasons suggest otherwise and maybe patience in a rebuild that makes sense is the way to go

Based Adnan

A Manchester United number 10 going a year without scoring or assisting in the league and you still have people making excuses for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

manunited1919

“He has been very bad under Ole, but good enough to help us to top 2 under Mourinho”

He has been bad under both Ole and Mourinho, the only time he was any good was during December some three seasons ago.

He also played well for England in the world cup”

All I remember of him during the World Cup is in the semifinals when he tried to get the game restarted and score a goal while Croatia was still celebrating the goal that would win them the game. Or did he also manage to play well against Panama?

looked pretty good in earlier seasons

How many goals and assists and in how many games? Because just looking good shouldn’t count for much for a United 10.

I don’t really see a decline, he just has never had the necessary skills such as close control, intelligence, or been a great passer. He can run around, and lately he just hides away from the ball or gets in the way of others.

We both agree Ole needs to fix something. Ole has been trying to get him to regain confidence by handling him like a kid who will grow out of a slump. He has been giving him chance after chance since February, but there’s no fixing Lingard because he doesn’t have the requisite skills. Now, Ole needs to man up and fix the Lingard issue by getting rid of Lingard: sell or send him out on loan in January. Those minutes Lingard is getting should go to Gomes or Chong. Fixed.

Robbie Boy

He wasn't good under Jose, this is a total myth. He was berated the majority of the time bar his one purple patch which incidentally is totally out of context when looking at his career from a holistic perspective.

Paul_Scholes18

He wasn't good under Jose, this is a total myth. He was berated the majority of the time bar his one purple patch which incidentally is totally out of context when looking at his career from a holistic perspective.
He was good enough to get into the England team as a starter. Also helped us win a few cups and took us to second.
He was not a world beater, but certainly a player good enough to start for a top team. A player that a good manager could use.
Also scored lots of fantastic goals that posters here probably do not remember.
Ox didn't look that great for Arsenal, but has looked great for Pool. It shows what a good manager can do with a player.

The Lingard haters though just keep claiming he is shit no matter what he does, but they would say the same about most of those guys in Liverpool too. Henderson is shit, Milner is shit, Robertson is shit, Lovren is shit etc. Yet they look like they are about to win it all with those players in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.