4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The One and Only

A nothing player. He wouldn't start for any team in the top 10. Even Sanchez is better than him.. Stealing a living at United...but he is Ole's favorite for some reason

haram

The narrative is 'feck this season, I'm blooding the youngsters in so that we can have a competitive team in two years'. That'd save his bacon compared to just going with the old boys and getting sixth. There's no long-term planning involved in persisting with Lingard and Mata. Plus the fans would be much more excited and on board if they saw Greenwood, Garner and Gomes (+ Chong) get sixth than Lingard, Mata and Matic.
No, all that will happen is that the fanbase that acts like it cares about youth will destroy the younger players when they don't play well. Some people really are deluded when it comes to what actual impact the younger players will have.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This guy is stealing a fecking living. This cnut should be a born again Christian/Muslim as someone is watching down on him.

Devil may care

Pogba on his close left, Mason on the right but Lingard wants to be selfish and a hero
The ball to Mason so wide open I couldn't believe he took a shot, as someone said he probably saw the discussion about his stats on social media and put that above the team.

Ole will be his own downfall. Stop this scapegoat nonsense. He didn't even start.
Scapegoat Ole instead? He's put a massive amount of faith in Lingard and Rashford, Martial too, if they don't deliver for him this season he'll probably get the sack.

Devil may care

It’s not their fault Ole is naive.
It's not Ole's fault two of three have barely got a football brain cell between them, I mean today was another prime example of them failing simple, basic stuff, I don't see how that's Ole's fault, unless you mean he's naive in trusting them and should have figured out by now that they aren't good enough.

haram

It's not Ole's fault two of three have barely got a football brain cell between them, I mean today was another prime example of them failing simple, basic stuff, I don't see how that's Ole's fault, unless you mean he's naive in trusting them and should have figured out by now that they aren't good enough.
Ole is naive in many ways. One example is him thinking he can sell Lukaku and rely on Martial, Rashford and Greenwood for an entire season. Not because they are bad players, but they are young and bound to make mistakes, mistakes which this team is not strong enough to carry.

dabeast

Jesse was never MUQ even when he was in the Academy. SAF, correctly, thought that he would reach his peak later than the others but never said that the peak would match Pogba and Morrison’s.

It clearly doesn’t and, while Jesse is in and around the England squad, we should sell him.

mewnew11

What are these other players like Lingard? If Angel plays and has a stinker what is the narrative then?
If angel keeps having a stinker all year then the narrative will be exactly like what's being ditched out to lingard.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm hoping both Gomes and Chong are given opportunities ahead of Lingard in the coming weeks. Gomes is better suited to playing the #10 role and is far superior on a technical and aesthetic level IMO. Has better vision and has the potential to unlock a low block unlike Lingard.

Chong is a very interesting player in the sense that not only is he a superior dribbler to Lingard he's also quicker and can potentially be just as good as Lingard off the ball in the right wing role IMO.

So we either perservere with the likes of Lingard, Pereira, Mata etc and embrace our fate outside the top 4. Or we give the opportunity to the likes of Gomes, Chong, Mason and Garner who could potentially aid the likes of Pogba, Martial, Rashford and propel us towards a top 4 finish. We've left ourselves in such a dire state in midfield and on the RW that the kids from the academy could well be our saving grace. And we're fortunate that the current bunch are very good and probably the best since the Ravel, Pogba days IMO.

Canagel

I'm starting to think we should have kept Sanchez and sold Lingard. It's that bad.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Ole is naive in many ways. One example is him thinking he can sell Lukaku and rely on Martial, Rashford and Greenwood for an entire season. Not because they are bad players, but they are young and bound to make mistakes, mistakes which this team is not strong enough to carry.
Regarding your last sentence, we are already at that point with Lingard. He is useless

Siorac

Maybe because it's a team game? The team has to work as a unit, so why are we blaming one player if Ole fails? Lingard went on a run of form very few in this squad can match. Yet he is the scapegoat? What about the rest of them? What about the manager?

People can have their opinion on Lingard. Making him a scapegoat for Ole's failures is out of order.
Yeah, that's true, most of them would at least accidentally score a single goal in a calendar year if played as an attacking midfielder. His shiteness is hard to match indeed.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
JLingz - self styled ‘joker of the group’.

Just ... not ... good ... enough.

For him to be anywhere near a team with any ambition is ludicrous.

Stadjer

A new month started today and now there are just two more months to december!

That first goal of the year will come..... in two month!

Marcelinho87

Somebody said it earlier in the thread and it is something that flows throughout the team not just in Lingard. He and many others are egocentric and it is to the detriment of the team.

His cameo yesterday reinforced the belief that his only interest was himself, not the team.

We need more players like Daniel James, who play for the shirt and for the love of the game.

Jig1234

When Lingard didn't pass to Greenwood. I wanted the ground to swallow me up. Lingard is horrendous. Gomes needed.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is undoubtedly one of the worst forums I've ever joined, in terms of the clueless nonsense I have to wade through.
If you cared to read the next sentence, you'd know what was being talked about.

Kostov

The sight of us struggling to play any decent football and score yesterday, then a look at the bench and Ole calling on fecking Lingard to turn the match, and the guy acting like the superstar he thinks he is, coming on and you get that showing. Peak Manchester United since 2013. Absolute shit.

Pace Abuser

Ole thought he could change formation, displace Pogba, and make JLingy Blinger96 his #10.
Im just baffled at this. Has he not been watching United for the last 2 years?

Pace Abuser

It's been amusing and bemusing reading people defend his off-field antics and activities like it won't affect his professional career.
It's basic psychology that too much partying, loss of focus, and immaturity in attitude will reduce your desire and performance level from more serious and intense discipline. In any field.

So why Blingardio2143 would be immune from such phenomena is an absurd notion.

shahzy

you can only laugh. Players like him, rashford, mctominay, pereira, jones, ashley young, darmian, matic, rojo are the reason we are where we are. You can blame them but really the blame goes to above them, the person who picks them and doesnt replace them. Or if that person is hampered by even further above and isnt allowed to get rid of them as a cost cutting measure

Bestietom

He's certainly not a number 10 but then either are any of the others we have tried there over the past 2 years. The only one comes close was Pogba, when he wanted to be here. We had a chance this window to address this, and failed.

Marcelinho87

Ole thought he could change formation, displace Pogba, and make JLingy Blinger96 his #10.
Im just baffled at this. Has he not been watching United for the last 2 years?
See when Matic came on I believe Ole wanted Pogba to go #10 with Lingard out wide but he just wanted to be the hero so made himself the CAM.

POF

That sums up the biggest problem with the United attack. That was an extreme case and utterly selfish and disgraceful by Lingard but that sort of thing happens regularly in pretty much every game.

wm28600

Wasn't he offered a new contract recently? If so why didn't he sign?

He'll live to regret that soon, if he keeps playing like this, and for once it would be a blessed relief to the club.

Based Adnan

To those who were wondering what celebration Lingard has been saving for when he finally scores his next goal (5:27)

Status
Not open for further replies.