Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If he is going to stay here at United he needs to become a hard working centre midfielder. Get a bit bulkier and learn how to get stuck in and possibly learn when to recycle poosesion or make a pass on to the channels of the forwards.

Bwuk

If he is going to stay here at United he needs to become a hard working centre midfielder. Get a bit bulkier and learn how to get stuck in and possibly learn when to recycle poosesion or make a pass on to the channels of the forwards.
he’s an option in a 3 man midfield but too weak for a 2 man.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
he’s an option in a 3 man midfield but too weak for a 2 man.
Definitely, but I think he's come to a point in his career where as a CAM that he isn't good enough for United any more. He's not creative enough and he needs a bit more time in the decisions he makes & when that tends to happen the player will normally drop deeper.

Is that weakness in his strength something that can be trained to overcome?

Though its unlikely to happen, I think a bulky Lingard at CM may not be too bad.

el3mel

1 month away from completing a full year with only one goal scored. Almost there, hang on!

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Damn, why did we sell Lukaku? He could have been the answer to our attacking midfield. All he had to do was learn how to control the ball and he would have been Messi on steroids.

Suedesi

I love JLingz. The club is a shambles for not offering him a new contract. He's a true Man Utd icon, needs a statue already.

Andersons Dietician

This goes to show the power of a well put together video compilation can do as for a second watching that I started thinking maybe he does have something and isn’t that bad...

Then I think back to most of his performances this year and I’m brought back to reality.

Risk putting him in midfield today but he was never going to be worse than what’s his face was but god I hope we either bring in a proper CAM or let Pogba play there.

DoomSlayer

I hate how he fecked up a great counter attack where we had 4 against 2 or 3 players. It could have been 4-2 to us and game over. Fecking bollocks. :mad:

PaulRich

Now I am in no way, shape of form a lingard fanboy but I did think he added a shift in dimension last night that was, as the 3 goals from f-all before it, quite effectual.

DoomSlayer

I still can't get over the fact that he fecked up that counter-attack. He added some urgency, but that moment shows that Lingard is not even mid-table quality.

We would have comfortably won that game and would be sitting in 5th place, which is not ideal but it would have given us some platform to build on.

Swiss_Red89

I think he played okay yesterday. He played a part in our comeback, but then again this had also to do with Sheffield dropping back and allowing us to take the initiative.

I agree with the argument that, if he want to have a futur at United, he has to try to become a squad option as a central midfield player. He is not good enough for the number 10 position and i never want to see him out wide again.
If he ever will be good enough in the CM-Position has also a big question mark behind it. But i think it's his best bet at the moment.

He gets so much ciritism atm moment and he definetly deserves it because he wasn't good enough the past 11 months. But i want to say something positive about him: I like his style of play, he is an elegant player to watch imo the way he runs and passes the ball for example. (just not good enough atm unfortunately).

DoomSlayer

There is no way Lingard can play as an actual CM, he is a coward and hides from the ball, which people used to call "movement off the ball".

clarkydaz

I hate how he fecked up a great counter attack where we had 4 against 2 or 3 players. It could have been 4-2 to us and game over. Fecking bollocks. :mad:
how about the shot from 25 yards, dribbling straight into defenders and blind backflicks to nobody. All in one half as a sub. Feck me the bar hasn't only been lowered, its fallen off and rolling down the street

Based Adnan

Can't believe some fans think he is the catalyst that changed the game

Almost a year with no PL goal

DoomSlayer

how about the shot from 25 yards, dribbling straight into defenders and blind backflicks to nobody. All in one half as a sub. Feck me the bar hasn't only been lowered, its fallen off and rolling down the street
There have always been some Lingard apologists on the Caf, defending his constant childish antics and inconsistent performances. Right now most are hiding as there is literally nothing to cling on.

Red Devil's Advocate

Now I am in no way, shape of form a lingard fanboy but I did think he added a shift in dimension last night that was, as the 3 goals from f-all before it, quite effectual.
Agreed. He is just not getting enough chances this season, thanks to injuries. Should be picked over Pereira at any cost.

Red Devil's Advocate

He created 4 chances in 45 mins, was actively involved in build up, changed the tempo of the game with his pressing. He is just not the final ball guy but his contribution shows.

Strats

Thought he was appaling yesterday. Better than Pereira as others stated, but still appaling.

Should have no place in a Manchester United squad.

Based Adnan

He created 4 chances in 45 mins, was actively involved in build up, changed the tempo of the game with his pressing. He is just not the final ball guy but his contribution shows.
Chances created means nothing. I can play a 4 yard pass to you who shoots from the halfway line into row Z and that goes down as a chance created. He dribbled and lost the ball constantly and his passing left a lot to be desired as usual.

That's not even going into what on earth he was doing for the goal. Ran into the box and stood next to Lindelof instead of blocking the crossing lane.

Andersonson

Didnt he create alot of chances in his cameo? Most out of anyone?

Does it matter if he's 3rd last or 2nd? As long as its a goal?

He had a good cameo. A well needed one. Credit where its due

billybee99

Imagine that - a #10 who is not a "final ball guy". Jesse has created a new position - the #10 with no final ball. He's a pressing #10. He has zero goals or assists in nearly a years worth of football but he can press the ball from the #10 slot. Wow.

Dve

Nr. 10 is up for grab. I think it´s fair to say that Lingard in the past has shown a higher top level than Pereira and United need Lingard in form.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
An interesting interview with him on the Official Manchester United podcast.

Might change the way some people speak about him as a person and learn to separate that from him the player. Also nice to have May there to give the former pro contrast and highlight how some things have changed.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
There have always been some Lingard apologists on the Caf, defending his constant childish antics and inconsistent performances. Right now most are hiding as there is literally nothing to cling on.
This sort of drivel makes me want to weep. He's been woefully out of form for an age but anyone who has the temerity to comment objectively on his performances these days gets jumped on in these sort of terms. Of course he made a positive difference yesterday.

DoomSlayer

This sort of drivel makes me want to weep. He's been woefully out of form for an age but anyone who has the temerity to comment objectively on his performances these days gets jumped on in these sort of terms. Of course he made a positive difference yesterday.
He cost us the game in the end, it could have been 4-2 to us.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He runs around a lot, trying to find an apposition player to hide behind.

But sometimes, although not often, he passes the ball to someone who passes the ball to someone who scores.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Might change the way some people speak about him as a person and learn to separate that from him the player. Also nice to have May there to give the former pro contrast and highlight how some things have changed.
The only time i want to hear him speak is to announce his departure from the club. I'll listen to him then.

I live in hope. December is coming up, maybe he can score a goal to attract an offer from a Championship club.

PoTMS

Brandon Williams has more goals than him this season. Fecking joke of a player.

Red Devil's Advocate

Well there is an evident bias against Lingard out here. I mean just look at the Avg Rating for this season for Andreas and Lingard. How is Andreas at 4.8 despite spouting crap performances in every single game, except for a cross in our first match, is beyond my comprehension. Lad cannot even complete a simple pass.

Winrar

Well there is an evident bias against Lingard out here. I mean just look at the Avg Rating for this season for Andreas and Lingard. How is Andreas at 4.8 despite spouting crap performances in every single game, except for a cross in our first match, is beyond my comprehension. Lad cannot even complete a simple pass.
Weird comparison, as Pereira himself isn't exactly popular here either.

Of course with Lingard, being generally unproductive on the pitch, along with his off-pitch antics, don't exactly help his case.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Problem for him is that us fans are instrinctly linked to him as a player. He's attempting to deflect what he's done online from his performances as a player, but when you're constantly drawing attention to yourself and failing to deliver, you'll always get brought down.

Further, the shit online is clearly a distraction and the fact that he's woefully out of form and not looking at finding it anytime soon means that either he is taking it to heart, or he was never any good to start with.

Form is temporary but class is permanent. At the moment, his terrible form out weighs the times when he was "class". I'd say he's done.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's crap. Get rid. Like Cleverley, guy would look average playing for a club like Watford.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He had his best run of form when banging Jena Frumes. Once they broke up he has been absolute shite.

Hughes35

He had his best run of form when banging Jena Frumes. Once they broke up he has been absolute shite.
How he managed that will always remain a mystery. She's stunning.

He was ok when he came on this weekend. He has been awful for a year though and should be moved on. We absolutely must replace him with quality though. Not like we did in the summer when we moved on deadwood but didn't replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.