4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkydaz

Just cannot warm to lingard. I would love to know what goes on in his head. He goes the best part of a calendar year without scoring, he's then selected for a game where most of the 1st team squad have been rested. By process of elimination he has the honour of captaining for the evening he then celebrates his goal against a Kazakhstan pubs league team like he's scored a last minute winner at anfield. By all means celebrate, but come on its 10 mins into a virtual meaningless game. I could understand the celebration if it was a debutant but this joker? Give me a break. My point is I can see why he is despised by many on here for the simple reason he brings it on himself. (oh and his lack of ability also doesn't help). I'm sure in years gone by one of the proper senior player's would of pulled him to one side and told him to concentrate on his football and not give any more ammo to the haters.
and it was deflected anyway :D

DanClancy

Apart from Lingard's goal. Lingard has to go, so selfish and has poor decision making and alway go for personal glory rather than creating chances for the team. This is how he teaches them? Running and shoot outside the box? He's in No.10 role ffs.

I don't want to see Lingard ever, never again.
He's not better than Angel Gomes at 10.

Saw your usual dribbling down blind alleys, poor passing and poor decision making. Obviously looked at the side and thought he was the big man so tried doing everything himself. Not good enough. Imagine being a young player and seeing him as your captain? Embarrassing.
At least he's saleable, there's plenty of clubs who'll pay £25m + for him. I'd like to think that United's plan is to bring Sancho in and sell Lingard but only time will tell.

Lingard needs to play every week but that isn't going to happen at OT, time and time again he made the wrong decision when in possession unlike most of his younger team mates. I was very disappointed to see him playing centrally instead of Gomes.

Based Adnan

Every week without fail when we're chasing a goal we bring on a player who is 3 weeks away from being a full year without a league goal

Shining example of the underinvestment in the club that fecking Lingard is the first choice attacking option off the bench.

Walters_19_MuFc

I look at Alli under Mourinho, and you can see he's simplified his game. He's gone back to what he's good at, which is running in behind and getting onto the end of things.

We're not seeing that anymore from Lingard. He's trying to be something he's not. Trying to drop off and play like a playmaker, but it's clear he's not that. Like Alli, he's at best when running in behind.

Most, including myself, used to rave about his movement. I don't see that anymore. Maybe it was never that good or maybe we're not finding him.

He's back in the lineup tonight. I want to see him getting in behind and leaving the passing to centre midfielders.

Man Utd 2:1 Spurs

Based Adnan

I'm a big critic of his but he done well today some poor touches aside. These are the games he's good in - when there's space to be exploited. It's against the Burnleys and Crystal Palaces where he'll get undone. Should start vs City.

Andersons Dietician

I really struggled to see any of his involvement in the game other than when he was mucking up not being able to control a ball or pass it when he eventually got it under control.
Didn’t even think his pressing was all that great.

Rajma

So many poor touches in the dangerous areas on the turn and unnecessary back-heels to mask his lack of technique, we simply can't afford to play him in that position.

drdoityourself

He played a big part in the first goal. Got about a bit, not good really but as good as you'll get for our nr.10 position these days. Hopefully we can try a 4-3-3 when Pogba gets back.

mu4c_20le

Better than Mata and Pereira in that position, he kept the attacking flowing with some quick touches and passes. It was an Ole masterstroke to start him today.

twitter thread suggester
So many poor touches in the dangerous areas on the turn and unnecessary back-heels to mask his lack of technique, we simply can't afford to play him in that position.
Far better than Andreas.

Walters_19_MuFc

Wasn't involved much in the second half, but felt he was quite good in the first. Linked play well and had a decent effort on goal. Was happy with the reaction he got when he came off.

LJJT

He played great tonight. He getting back in to form and I feel fans don’t appreciate him but he works hard and he creates a lot of havoc for the opposition. Good performance

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I judge 10's on their attacking contribution first. His was non-existent. We had full control for most of the match and what did he create?

He held us back tonight. With our total control in midfield, a proper No.10 creates chances for the strikers and helps put the game to bed. With Lingard so anonymous as 10, all we could do is try to hold on until the end and see the game out. Thankfully we managed to do it, but we need much more from our 10.

He might have been ok defensively with his pressing but it's nowhere near enough to offset his complete lack of attacking contribution game after game.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
When it mattered, he fecked up the touch. It's him in a nutshell. Pogba taking over his role is going to transform this team now that he has the foundation of McFred

Andersons Dietician

I think his worse moment was when Fred fires a ball in to him when he’s in acres of space and we have numbers and he can’t control the ball and the move dies. A proper player would have done damage there. He has way too many moments like that and if we had a proper 10 or say Dybala for instance we would have caused spurs far more issues.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I thought he was average today but with few good moments. He messed up few touches which would have created chances.

Walters_19_MuFc

I judge 10's on their attacking contribution first. His was non-existent. We had full control for most of the match and what did he create?

He held us back tonight. With our total control in midfield, a proper No.10 creates chances for the strikers and helps put the game to bed. With Lingard so anonymous as 10, all we could do is try to hold on until the end and see the game out. Thankfully we managed to do it, but we need much more from our 10.

He might have been ok defensively with his pressing but it's nowhere near enough to offset his complete lack of attacking contribution game after game.
4 key passes. Most on the pitch.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He played great tonight. He getting back in to form and I feel fans don’t appreciate him but he works hard and he creates a lot of havoc for the opposition. Good performance
I worry if that's "great".

LJJT

I worry if that's "great".
he was great tonight. A football players player. He works hard for the team, makes spaces for team mates, helps the team play well even though he doesn’t get huge numbers on assists or goals. Great display in my view

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
he was great tonight. A football players player. He works hard for the team, makes spaces for team mates, helps the team play well even though he doesn’t get huge numbers on assists or goals. Great display in my view
That's one way of spinning his lack of attacking contribution i suppose.

I'm sure his teammates would have preferred him to create chances and score goals, so they didn't have to desperately hold on at the end instead.

arnie_ni

Thought he was very good. He's vital for our midfield because he actually picks up space and offers a pass for our midfield to help create attacks

arnie_ni

This. He's a pivotal player, until we find a world class 10.

Walters_19_MuFc

Show me the chances please if you can. I would love to see them. As all i saw him doing was short square passes on the ball.
I can't show you. I'm going off whoscored.com. They may well have been short square passes, but a key pass, according to whoscored is the final pass leading to a shot at goal from a teammate. You asked what he created. Regardless of whether it's a short square pass or not, he's still creating something.

I wouldn't worry too much about it anyway. We won. Be happy!!

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
we won the game 2-1. Played great. Lingard was central to it.
We scored goals from a keeper's howler & penalty. We absolutely dominated midfield, yet what chances did we actually create? I wonder who's fault that was?

You're right, he was central to our play, central to the black hole in the final third of the pitch, that is.

LJJT

We scored goals from a keeper's howler & penalty. We absolutely dominated midfield, yet what chances did we actually create? I wonder who's fault that was?

You're right, he was central to our play, central to the black hole in the final third of the pitch, that is.
we made a lot of chances today we had around 8 shots at goal. He played well. If you dont like that I feel very sorry for you but he played well and any sensible person could see that. Goodnight

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I thought he was alright, nothing more, nothing less.

What I do find impressive though is that he never has to force his way back into the team on merit alone, our other 10s are so uninspiring he gets in there by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.