Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Maybe we should stop 'abusing' Ed, too. His performance has been shot with all these online 'abuses'.
As fans, we should support him, let him do whatever he wants to do.

How about the Glazers? We know they're leeching the Club, and their performance as owners are one of the worst. But they're part of the Club. As fans, can we just stop 'abusing' them? they're human and have feelings too. Support them all the way.
:lol: To be honest I don't feel we should abuse abuse anybody. But criticism is warranted and Lingard is no exception. Bang average footballer who shouldn't be at United another season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No, I wouldn't agree.

Perreira is shit, slow with his brain and decision making, but at least he is not losing every ball he receives and he is capable of actually controlling the ball and keeping posession if anything.

He also creates decent number chances going by the stats, and is far more influential and physically imposing than Lingard who is easily pushed off the ball by any random player. Perreira isn't great by any means, his passing can be even worse than Lingard's, but just quick check confirms that he is far more involved, he makes ten more passes per game even if he has lesser success, which is a big difference because that pretty much confirms what everyone here says about Lingard - is that he hides in games. He was also involved in 4 goals this season unlike Lingard who is on 0 up until today's game.
I agree.

I thought Pereira was our worst player yesterday, but he's been much better than Lingard overall this season. Even if that bar is incredibly low. So low that a mouse would lose a game of limbo.

Kostov

He hasn’t always been shite. Some people are just blinded by dumb hatred.
You are right, he has only been shite for the 90% of his career here.

Great goal yesterday, another great attempt that hit the post. Other than that I think he was pretty bad once again. Bad touches, weak in possession.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I agree.

I thought Pereira was our worst player yesterday, but he's been much better than Lingard overall this season. Even if that bar is incredibly low. So low that a mouse would lose a game of limbo.
The problem with Perreira, IMHO, is when he tries to think too much or has too much time on the ball. It's when his football turning into an abomination, when he does things instinctively like that very good assist for Martial (against an opponent I forgot), he becomes a little better. I'd take him over Lingard any day of the week

Yagami

Good post resistant
The problem with Perreira, IMHO, is when he tries to think too much or has too much time on the ball. It's when his football turning into an abomination, when he does things instinctively like that very good assist for Martial (against an opponent I forgot), he becomes a little better. I'd take him over Lingard any day of the week
I agree with you. Like you say, when the game is congested and he's in a tight spot, he can sometimes pull out a nice move here and there, but, when he's got space to run into, 9 times out 10 he does the wrong thing or just takes too long deciding what to do.

The problem for us is that we mainly a create chances on the counter, so when he gets the ball in space to counter, which is fairly often, his poor decision making becomes all the more apparent. On the counter, I think Lingard is better as he can carry the ball upfield better, and is better at knowing when and who to release the ball to, but his deficiencies as a player (goes hiding when we're up against it, terrible first touch, is easily dispossessed, terrible passing range, etc) negate that for the most part. Pereira, for all his faults, can still create chances whether we're countering or dealing with a packed defence. Not many chances, but still better than nothing. I don't think he hides either.

M16Red

Come on Jesse, you can kick on from here.. we have no else until pog is fit this season..

Redcy

I have always said he is a championship level player and yesterday he shone against Division 1 team players

Passitlikescholes

Poor Lingard being criticized by the fans. Its absolutely revolting that such a great incompetent player is coppingloads of criticism while collecting a pay check of $100k weekly.

No I don't want his "form" (in this case form seems to be getting a few lucky goals, cause sure as hell his game is at it's ceiling) to improve. If he gets a few lucky goals, the clubs that incompetent at the moment, they'll give this pretender another 5 year contract.

Let his "form" stay the way it is, the sooner we're rid of him the sooner the club has to buy a player for that position.

James Ward

The replies to this :lol:

Brilliant. I think he brought it all on himself with his idiotic social media posts. If he had keeping his head down he wouldn't be getting any of this abuse.

He has some qualities, maybe a top 10 premier league club, but his attitude just seems like he doesn't give a hoot which really bugs me!!

Alabaster Codify7

Brilliant. I think he brought it all on himself with his idiotic social media posts. If he had keeping his head down he wouldn't be getting any of this abuse.

He has some qualities, maybe a top 10 premier league club, but his attitude just seems like he doesn't give a hoot which really bugs me!!

100% this.
If Lingard had the personality of someone like Dan James, he wouldn't be criticised anywhere near as much. That is the double-edged sword of being an attention seeker unfortunately - you will receive attention. And if you are shit at your day job, expect that attention to be bad.

AshRK

Average player who has no business playing for this club. The guy thinks he is bigger than he is. He may have reduced his social media activities but let us not forget how unbearable he was last year and before that. I still feel Ole desperately wants him to do well.

RedTiger

Half mast
Average player who has no business playing for this club. The guy thinks he is bigger than he is. He may have reduced his social media activities but let us not forget how unbearable he was last year and before that. I still feel Ole desperately wants him to do well.
Mate, I'll be honest, I am desperate for him to do well. He's been at the club for well over 10 years and in that time he's managed to develop into a decent squad player for a few years as well as starting a world cup semi final. His social media footprint did piss me off like other fans but over 10 years of club experience is harx to replace, our best scenario is for him to regain his confidence and form and reestablish himself as a decent squad Player.

AshRK

Mate, I'll be honest, I am desperate for him to do well. He's been at the club for well over 10 years and in that time he's managed to develop into a decent squad player for a few years as well as starting a world cup semi final. His social media footprint did piss me off like other fans but over 10 years of club experience is harx to replace, our best scenario is for him to regain his confidence and form and reestablish himself as a decent squad Player.
I would love to be proven wrong but the ship has sailed. I think he had a chance to kick on from the good work he did in 17-18 season but he clearly was satisfied with what he achieved and became very aggressive in social media. I think it will be better for all parties that he just leaves at the end of the season. With him around he will just give a false hope to the manager.

I do get your point of having experience around but do you seriously believe Lingard is the one to have in that dressing room. Why not just have Mata around who can demand more respect from the youngsters than him. I am glad he has toned down his social media crap but still I don't think he is best role model for youngsters.

edgecutter

What drives me insane is the wages this guy is on and the output we are getting from him each week. He should be let go and absolutely no talk of a new contract should come into the equation. No other club would put up with this nonsense, no other club would keep giving game time to a underperforming player and no other club worth anything would have Jesse Lingard on their books.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Considering how low we are on squad numbers if you were the manager and a decent bid came in (it wont) would you allow him to leave this week?

I would.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:lol: To be honest I don't feel we should abuse abuse anybody. But criticism is warranted and Lingard is no exception. Bang average footballer who shouldn't be at United another season.
Me neither. "Abusing" is wrong, but some players just ask to be on the spotlight. When you play poor while want to be on the limelight, don't be surprised to get criticized, mixing with abused; then ask for sympathy.

James Ward

100% this.
If Lingard had the personality of someone like Dan James, he wouldn't be criticised anywhere near as much. That is the double-edged sword of being an attention seeker unfortunately - you will receive attention. And if you are shit at your day job, expect that attention to be bad.
Also he released his clothing brand right before a Liverpool game for the publicity. Another reason I hate his attitude.

It just gives the intent he doesn't give a flying feck about the team. I just don't like his attitude along with Pogba's.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He's a mediocre player at best.

In a highly functional team he might have a role to play, as a squad member, if he's in reasonable form and focused - that's about it.

Ole isn't oblivious to his shortcomings, though. He's being selected because there's a serious shortage of alternatives. I know some think Ole is utterly deluded - but his delusion does not extend to him thinking Jlingz is a viable starter for a top team.

Alabaster Codify7

Also he released his clothing brand right before a Liverpool game for the publicity. Another reason I hate his attitude.

It just gives the intent he doesn't give a flying feck about the team. I just don't like his attitude along with Pogba's.
[/QUOTE

Exactly, he has created all this negative attention himself. He's an attention whore and has behaved like one since being given a chance in the first team. The whole 0.001% shit and everything else, his childish, immature, "squaddddd" and "beans" nonsense. Sorry, pal - you've been craving attention and fame over improving yourself on the field. You've made your bed, lie in it you tit.

cloyton

He had his moments for us over the years and proved to be a decent squad player and then his confidence just went. Our fans are giving him the Cleverley treatment where even if he plays well no one wants him to play for us.

Best bet for everyone is a fresh start and for him to find a new club.

LJJT

He had his moments for us over the years and proved to be a decent squad player and then his confidence just went. Our fans are giving him the Cleverley treatment where even if he plays well no one wants him to play for us.

Best bet for everyone is a fresh start and for him to find a new club.
nice to read something positive about him. I actually quite rate him as a player. I think in certain games he’s a Definate starter, many others he’s a good option to have on the bench. I hate social media and such like but I actually quite like the enthusiasm and morale I suspect he brings to the group. I did hate his behaviour on the bus on the way to West Ham though but that was some years ago now.

L1nk

I know people like to rag on him and criticise him all you like but he's been one of our players this season.
I just know that you didn't mean to type one of our better players this season, you are on a massive wum if you meant that, what have you been watching.

He's had his moments for us and being rated as a player. ?????? This fanbase just baffles me constantly, it always makes me think we deserve the dross players we have because everyone is far too sentimental and wants to keep them all, because they have 1 good game out of about 20 they are a player that can do a job and we should keep them on the books. No. Do people need to be reminded he scored no goals and had no assists for an entire year, that isn't a confidence problem, that's a too shit for this club and the premier league problem.

Solskjaer is an ardent defender of the man, and in a press conference all he could muster up was "Oh he runs more than anyone else" well thank god for that, glad we have this guy as our number 10.

Paul_Scholes18

I just know that you didn't mean to type one of our better players this season, you are on a massive wum if you meant that, what have you been watching.

He's had his moments for us and being rated as a player. ?????? This fanbase just baffles me constantly, it always makes me think we deserve the dross players we have because everyone is far too sentimental and wants to keep them all, because they have 1 good game out of about 20 they are a player that can do a job and we should keep them on the books. No. Do people need to be reminded he scored no goals and had no assists for an entire year, that isn't a confidence problem, that's a too shit for this club and the premier league problem.
I think our win percentage is pretty decent with Lingard starting or well at least not worse than our overall record. Although needs to check that because he might have played less in the easy games than you expect from a bench player. I guess it is pretty much the same as our overall record since the Astana game should bring it down for him too.

Renegade

100% this.
I don’t know, look at Mata &Andreas they get some heavy criticism.
Lingard and his ‘iconic celebration,brand promotion’ is annoying.
I agree 100% about the attention. He can’t want it both ways.

hobbers

Back in the good old days we'd rave about someone like Lingard when they were 19 and had just scored a couple of belters in the reserves. Then we'd realise they were shite after 25 minutes of first team action and they'd be on perpetual loan/sold by the age of 21.

Now we keep them as squad regulars aged 27. Pereira will be the next Lingard in that sense.

AshRK

The fact that he made Ole fume shows how crap he is. The guy should not be even kept as a squad player.

Zoo

Pretty sure it was Jesse that Ole was uncharacteristically raging at as it was just after the breakaway chance that aSterling should have scored from, when he gave it away cheaply. He was then hooked minutes later.

I’m so done with him, he’s atrocious.

edgecutter

The fact that he made Ole fume shows how crap he is. The guy should not be even kept as a squad player.
That's on Ole. Why he chooses to keep picking him with all the evidence on show that he can't hack it is poor management.

kundalini

Embarrassing. Unable to keep the ball under control. Ruined numerous opportunities for us to counter.

The sooner he leaves the club, the better.

His performances since the World Cup have been completely unacceptable. He should not be getting selected.

red4ever 79

Pretty sure it was Jesse that Ole was uncharacteristically raging at as it was just after the breakaway chance that aSterling should have scored from, when he gave it away cheaply. He was then hooked minutes later.

I’m so done with him, he’s atrocious.
It was 100%. Coward. Runs away from the ball so not to receive it

SAFMUTD

How we keep playing him is beyond me, he’s useless. We should play literally any other player instead feck Mata, Pereira play Dalot on his position I dont care just dont play him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.