4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seij

It's hilarious just how many times after a game, we get a barrage of "Surely that has to be the last game Lingard ever plays", "That has to be the last straw for Ole on Lingard" comments, yet Lingard continues to rub it in everyone's faces by playing one game after another and collecting his weekly 6-figure check.

The dude is going to retire here with 400 matches under his belt and a testimonial.

James Ward

You know what pisses me off? That thing he does when he clearly doesn't get fouled, then sits on the floor and whinges about it for 10 seconds instead of getting up and getting back into position

It's infuriating
This 100%. And also what infuriates me is when he released his clothing line before a Liverpool game and that video from the summer on Social Media and all his other antics on Social media before this. Wouldn't really mind if he was playing well.

The last straw now is signing that plonker as his agent. He seems to be 27 going on 16. I know more mature 16 year olds than him.

I really think he only signed that plonker as an agent for one reason. He is on 100K a week with United and knows that agent will make it impossible for United to get rid of him, whether on loan or selling in the Summer. He has 12 months left on his contract and obviously with family issues as well he wants to stay in Manchester.

JLINGZ will definitely be here next year without a shadow of a doubt.

jackal&hyde

This 100%. And also what infuriates me is when he released his clothing line before a Liverpool game and that video from the summer on Social Media and all his other antics on Social media before this. Wouldn't really mind if he was playing well.

The last straw now is signing that plonker as his agent. He seems to be 27 going on 16. I know more mature 16 year olds than him.

I really think he only signed that plonker as an agent for one reason. He is on 100K a week with United and knows that agent will make it impossible for United to get rid of him, whether on loan or selling in the Summer. He has 12 months left on his contract and obviously with family issues as well he wants to stay in Manchester.

JLINGZ will definitely be here next year without a shadow of a doubt.
If he doesn't leave he will not play much next season and that will make it much more difficult to get a decent contract the season after. His reputation will only suffer the more he stays. Raiola will probably try to find a club in Italy for him.

jackal&hyde

Does his pressing even mean anything ? I don't see him retrieve much balls
It doesn't have to be him that retrieves the ball, it can force a mistake where another player retrieves. He has another quality that the guys at Tifo like to point out and call him an intelligent footballer (yeah i know), he is good at finding space between the lines and puts himself in to good attacking positions. Problem is, he does nothing when there; he can't pass, he can't dribble, he just stops the attack dead. He has a good understanding of play imo just lacks the talent to make use of it.

A move to Italy could rejuvenate him with that extra half a second of time in a slightly less intensive league. It did did the World of good to Smalling so maybe that's what he needs.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It doesn't have to be him that retrieves the ball, it can force a mistake where another player retrieves. He has another quality that the guys at Tifo like to point out and call him an intelligent footballer (yeah i know), he is good at finding space between the lines and puts himself in to good attacking positions. Problem is, he does nothing when there; he can't pass, he can't dribble, he just stops the attack dead. He has a good understanding of play imo just lacks the talent to make use of it.

A move to Italy could rejuvenate him with that extra half a second of time in a slightly less intensive league. It did did the World of good to Smalling so maybe that's what he needs.
I could swear all he does is pass and make a run toward a position where it's hard to find him, he hides during games. I think the bar is set so so low with him and anything decent he seems to do is blown out of proportion.

Joseunited

I've never seen a football bounce off a footballer as much as it does with Lingard:houllier:.Shambolic again last night.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I could swear all he does is pass and make a run toward a position where it's hard to find him, he hides during games.
This is what I see as well. I don’t really see good runs into space, a lot of the time he is in space that is either dangerous to pass to or impossible to pass to.

jackal&hyde

I could swear all he does is pass and make a run toward a position where it's hard to find him, he hides during games. I think the bar is set so so low with him and anything decent he seems to do is blown out of proportion.
I think you are right that he hides a lot now. I assume it's because he stops the attacks so often when in good positions he is shut in confidence. When you're not in a position to receive the ball the attack fizzles and there is less focus on you and more on the team, in some peoples eyes at least. He is both very limited and what qualities he does have are hidden away now due to low confidence; he needs to leave both for his and our sake.

Raw

Before this season I thought okay, he's not great but he'll be a squad player at best. He can chip in here and there and it'll be fine.

But now? Get rid of this fecking clown. It's the same shit performance every single game (except against the titans of Tranmere, where he was decent at best). What kind of precedent are we setting when we're paying this awful player shit loads to do absolutely nothing? His confidence is shot and it's not even worth trying to get it back when his absolute best for us is 7/10. I don't care that he's a United fan from birth and he came from the academy, I just want us to stop being a charity for shit players like Lingard and Pereira.

And he's not even young! Just sell him while he still has some value. Every game he plays cuts his value by 50%.

Renegade

What’s his position? Like seriously? There’s no way he can be classed as a number 10. He needs to leave for his own sake. His done out here.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
We are just not playing to his strength... he is still young and will develop, he reminds me of Tigana, he will blossom at 35.

Alabaster Codify7

If Ole stays, I have no doubts whatsoever that so does Lingard. A new manager would cut him loose imeediately though. For Ole, he's part of the manifesto. "Local lads that get the club" will not be released under Ole's watch, I'm certain of that.

romufc

If Ole stays, I have no doubts whatsoever that so does Lingard. A new manager would cut him loose imeediately though. For Ole, he's part of the manifesto. "Local lads that get the club" will not be released under Ole's watch, I'm certain of that.
Like the way LVG and Jose cut him loose?

Alabaster Codify7

Like the way LVG and Jose cut him loose?

He looked reasonably useful under them, hence they thought he was worth a squad place. He spent over a year without scoring or assisting in the league under Ole. But you know that these are two very different scenarios, you do. You're just scrabbling around for excuses to defend your boy, Ole.

romufc

He looked reasonably useful under them, hence they thought he was worth a squad place. He spent over a year without scoring or assisting in the league under Ole. But you know that these are two very different scenarios, you do. You're just scrabbling around for excuses to defend your boy, Ole.
I agree, I do not want to see Lingard start for Manutd again. Saying if Ole stays he does is false because it is clear to see Ole doesn't want to play him, he has to play him.

We brought Bruno because Lingard and Perreira are useless.

I am sure Ole knows that by now, the size of squad means he has to.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I don't understand what's happened to Jesse. I was never his biggest fan, and he should never have been a guaranteed starter for us, but he has proven to have some quality. He was very good in 17/18 season and put in some good Europa League performances in 16/17. But he barely looks like a footballer right now. Always in the wrong positions, doesn't do anything with the ball.

If it really is a mentality thing than maybe we shouldn't be playing him. He just doesn't look like he wants to be on the pitch right now and if he's having problems then this can't be doing him any good.

Alabaster Codify7

I agree, I do not want to see Lingard start for Manutd again. Saying if Ole stays he does is false because it is clear to see Ole doesn't want to play him, he has to play him.

We brought Bruno because Lingard and Perreira are useless.

I am sure Ole knows that by now, the size of squad means he has to.

Apologies man, I keep confusing you with someone else who is very pro-Ole. Please ignore the last part of my previous reply to you regarding Ole being 'your boy' and you making excuses for him.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I agree with the stealing wages part but his last decent performance was at the Etihad in the league. He was OK in that game. It was one tiny island in an ocean of shite but still, let's be fair to him.
Fair?? Hes a passenger.

Being "fair" to players is probably why we are in such a mess.

He needs to be sold.
100% he should not be in the starting 11 or even on the subs bench come start of next season.
The only reason he should still be here is the fact we may not be able to find a club that will take him on his current deal. He might just sit out the final year on big money then move for free the year later.

If he is part of Oles plans for next year I will go mad!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If what you say is true and the Ole knows that Lingard is basically useless (ie. that we are essentially playing with 10 men, when he is on the pitch), Ole should be using other players.
Gomes needs to sign a new contract and by showing faith in him, Ole can encourage him to sign a contract extension.
My own feeling is that Ole believes that Lingard is a good player and is picking him on merit - not because he doesn't have any other option, but because he wants to.

He is done. Needs to go to inter with other cast offs.......
The weird thing is that Inter are on a title charge (with some of our cast-offs).
Lingard though would not feature in a team aiming for a league title.
The astounding thing is that Ole keeps picking him to start matches, even though he is consistently crap.

And as for the trio of Pereira, Mata, Lingard - THE UNHOLY TRINITY. How are any of these players starting games for us?

Martial had to do a solo goal, because the Unholy Trinity were on the pitch and couldn't create anything for him.

Being "fair" to players is probably why we are in such a mess.
Standards have fallen at an alarming rate.
We now accept fair managers and players, where only 2 years ago we finished in 2nd place and many were not happy with that - they wanted more.
Lingard should be ejected in the same that Jose got rid of players like Rooney.

Last edited:

ReddBalls

Why do you think he got dropped from the squad against Watford the minute Ole got other options (Bruno, Ighalo, McT)?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Glad Ole has finally found Jesse’s best position

Bojan11

He never was as bad for them as he's been under Ole. A player like him is supposed to get better with age, not worse.
Nah, he was never convincing before with the two other previous managers. But he would score a screamer or something to silence the critics. Just look at the hating Lingard thread. He divided opinion, but now most people have realised he is a crap footballer.

He can’t pass. He can’t dribble. He can’t shoot. He’s not very quick. He has no strength at all.

People bring up the World Cup, but forget besides against the mighty Panama the attack for England relied on set pieces and the attack was garbage. Lingard had one good game and that was against Panama. Just like he played well vs Tranmere. That is his level.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
You are completely blinded by your hatred towards Ole. Why do you think Ole plays Lingard? Some boy lover thing going on? You have so little credibility left in this forum with your persistent skewed view. Try see a bigger picture rather than doing such knee-jerk reactions every time. I understand it in the Matchday threads but in normal convos, think bigger picture.

How do we replace Jesse who is on 100k/week? We cant keep bloating up the salary budget without removing the deadwoods. And thats not possible to replace in one window. Management isn't so black & white. You have to make your priorities, make balanced choices and then hopefully execute them well.

Its a phased approach. Clearly the remit given by Woodward is that we reduce our cost base first and foremost. Then slowly build back to what they think is the proposed Ole vision. Its not some video game where everything starts fresh with every re-boot. There are cost legacies, anticipated lower revenues coming up.

Then based on those parameters, Ole or any manager has to make his plans.

Last edited:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
You are completely blinded by your hatred towards Ole. Why do you think Ole plays Lingard? Some boy lover thing going on? You have so little credibility left in this forum with your persistent skewed view. Try see a bigger picture rather than doing such knee-jerk reactions every time. I understand it in the Matchday threads but in normal convos, think bigger picture.

How do we replace Jesse who is on 100k/week? We cant keep bloating up the salary budget without removing the deadwoods. And thats not possible to replace in one window. Management isn't so black & white. You have to make your priorities, make balanced choices and then hopefully execute them well.

Its a phased approach. Clearly the remit given by Woodward is that we reduce our cost base first and foremost. Then slowly build back to what they think is the proposed Ole vision. Its not some video game where everything starts fresh with every re-boot. There are cost legacies, anticipated lower revenues coming up.

Thats not how I do it. Just go to the menu - calendar - hit the square button and it simulates the correct outcome. No need to complicate things.

Esquire

Your analysis is right but trite. I think anyone even the biased cafers understood the need to jettison the deadwood before massive reinvestment. It’s clear that we run ourselves as a business and contrary to what blowhard Ed says, we do not have a crazy war chest burning just waiting to be unleashed. Your analysis is not mutually exclusive to the view that Lingard does not warrant a starting place no matter how insignificant the game is. He is simply not good enough and form is shot. You can say players like Mata (past it) or Gomes (wantaway) are also not good enough but they deserve more of a shot an Lingard at this juncture. Jesse has had many chances and have blown all of them this season. He needs to be sold and I don’t think his staunchest defenders can put up a forceful argument why he should be given more chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.