4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Smalling

It was against a Championship team but Lingard at least showed signs of improvement tonight.
Not really, in my opinion. His few good moments came when we were 3-0 up. It was still clear as day, that he does not offer enough to be a viable option.

RedIan

He ran around and tried hard. A few decent touches but still the weakest link going forward.

DoomSlayer

Started dreadfully, but improved in the second half and actually passed forward, which he never does.

El Zoido

Still rubbish. His decision making is so slow, as soon as the ball lands at his feet the entire attacking movement dies on its arse. Prime example was near the end when he was out on the left side and collected the ball, and instead of pushing in to the box or crossing it, he meandered on it, turned, scratched his balls, meanwhile the rest of the team had been completely marked and were unavailable. So he just played a slow, safe pass back towards the midfield, and nothing happened. He runs around a lot but is so far away from the standard we need it’s unreal.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Come on guys, I get the apathy towards him but if Pogba put that performance in we’d be raving about it.

Decent showing in my view, credit where it’s due

Valencia Shin Crosses

One of the biggest negatives about him for me is his complete lack of passing ability for someone who is a midfielder. Not even creative passes to runners, but even his sideways passes are almost always behind guys or under hit, and something as small as that can stop all momentum in an attack. It's the opposite of what elite passers do, where they always set up attackers with the ball in the right spot, even on simple sideways passes. Bruno does this well too.

Bwuk

His off the ball movement in shocking, he doesn’t make enough runs in behind.

I thought he was poor tonight.

Icemav

Come on guys, I get the apathy towards him but if Pogba put that performance in we’d be raving about it.

Is trolling allowed on this forum?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I thought he played fine first half and better 2nd half.

Sadly that’s probably his level.

Ace of Spades

Still not good enough, and looks to be an obvious option to upgrade on.

Still he seems to be doing a bit better than before.

hobbers

Jesus mary and joseph :lol:

No, must be troll.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I just can't work out what's wrong with Jesse at the moment. He's like an out of tune violin at the moment. The quality seems there but the strings need adjusting. He just seems a bit off. Its as if everything is pretty much in place but its just that last bit. I thought he did fairly okay tonight. However, something just isn't falling for him right now and hasn't all season. So strange.

Kostov

It’s staggering how such a limited footballer is still starting and playing games for Manchester United. The worst Manchester United player on the pitch once again

Stadjer

Leave him at Derby and take Rooney back to Manchester...

Lingard wasnt Lingard-bad today but he is an awfull player. Okay-ish player who stopped developing and not just regressed but took an actual dive in terms of ability and usefullness.

He is the first person i would sell or even just give away... even before Phil Jones.

Al-T

Looked reasonable against middle of the Championship table opposition.

Unsurprising, because that's his level.

Tony247

Lingard wasn't good. He started playing better than before when Derby gave up the game.

His poor game reading, below average passing, bad positioning...all was there.

One example, in early second half Derby threw their men at our goal leaving empty space behind and then misplaced the pass which landed at lingard' legs. Any two bit worth footballer at that point would have started an easy counter attack. But lingard ran with the ball forward for couple of yards and then somehow decided to pull the brake, turn back and pass the ball back! I was like 'duuuude'!

Tony247

And not to forget his goal of the decade.

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

The expectations so low right now he can give a 5/10 performance against Derby and it’s a positive surprise...

Andersons Dietician

Found him quite infuriating last night. He just has no clue what to do. He has this habit of coming to collect the ball with his back to goal, which has created space behind him that others then run in to but he refuses to take the ball on the turn so he can pass or he refuses to send it straight back to the player looking upfield so they can pass given they can see the play developing.

Not Jesse though he’ll just run to his left or right and try and hold on to the ball until he realises there is no option but to pass it back. By this time the momentum and danger is gone.

Watch Mata and Bruno at times last night and they’d just pop it about doing just what you want. first time passes back to people who can see the play. Bruno was then just pinging dangerous passes in. Heck even Shaw is better at putting in dangerous passes than Lingard.

The-Natural

Found him quite infuriating last night. He just has no clue what to do. He has this habit of coming to collect the ball with his back to goal, which has created space behind him that others then run in to but he refuses to take the ball on the turn so he can pass or he refuses to send it straight back to the player looking upfield so they can pass given they can see the play developing.

Not Jesse though he’ll just run to his left or right and try and hold on to the ball until he realises there is no option but to pass it back. By this time the momentum and danger is gone.

Watch Mata and Bruno at times last night and they’d just pop it about doing just what you want. first time passes back to people who can see the play. Bruno was then just pinging dangerous passes in. Heck even Shaw is better at putting in dangerous passes than Lingard.
Been chronic in his game for years.

Tony247

Can't believe we will be able to sell him to a buyer and get 100k a week off the book. That would be a coup.

Average league 2 wages are some 3k-4k a week. They simply can't afford him.

Bruno is I believe on 70k a week?

ColvaleGoa

Just seen the video of Lingard getting Dogs abuse whilst getting on team bus. Like him or not this is just shocking . We just won for god's sake. He is not been at all good recently but I don't agree when that kind of vitriol is spat at someone who most probably will leave this summer.

Alabaster Codify7

You have to laugh, the commentators were saying "is Lingard possibly playing himself back into form"?

Um, no - how's about Lingard is playing a poor Championship team and has found his level, like the Tranmere game?

Status
Not open for further replies.