Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
On the contrary he needs to be putting himself in the shop window now by performing when he does have the chance

I really hope he is sold in the summer, sounds too good to be true though
Whoever he goes to, i can guarantee their fans will not like it one bit. It will be like the bidding war joke about Tom Cleverly when he was sold.

laughtersassassin

Would love to get rid of both himself and Andreas this summer but I'll settle for just Lingard since he's been around longer.

Nothing personal but he was never good enough.

Passitlikescholes

If he considers himself one of the best 10s in Europe, he's going to come crashing down to Earth when all he can attract is a measly 10 million bid from a championship club

Brophs

The One and Only
For all that I think it’s best that he moves on at this stage, it’ll be a shame if it ends on a sour note, as he did well for us at times. He was one of our own lads who grafted his arse off to make it at United. Sure, in the last year or two he’s fallen short and perhaps some distractions have contributed to that, but a bit of understanding of his personal situation wouldn’t go amiss, either. Having a sick mum, grandparents and having to take a hands on role in the raising of your siblings, at the same time as having a child yourself, would be plenty to take for even the most focused player. I suspect those factors might also mean he’s not massively interested in moving away from the North, though, so it may not be as cut and dried as us shifting him because it suits us.

Tony247

Bruno has exposed these mediocre midfielders very badly. Until he arrived they could hide behind coaching, game management, poor team balance etc etc. Bruno showed all you need is talent.

Ace of Spades

This is also probably why he has regressed so much, if his mentality is that he is a top player and does not need to put the graft in anymore. He does not even have the energy that he used to have before, which used to compensate for his average ablity.

I always said that once Ole gets another option, he will get rid of Lingard. Think both Periera and Lingard could be sold for incoming players.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture

Really hoping that last part is satire :lol: :lol:
I can see Lingard being bought by Everton. A supporting cast of Lingard, Iwobi, and Walcott to feed Calvert Lewin. If it's been made clear to him that this will be his last season, then hopefully he'll be more inspired than ever to end the season on a high. Or rather to have the type of self confidence that he'll prove the manager wrong, and be fully convinced that he can oust both Bruno and Pereira from the pecking order.[/QUOTE]

JoaquinJoaquin

This is also probably why he has regressed so much, if his mentality is that he is a top player and does not need to put the graft in anymore. He does not even have the energy that he used to have before, which used to compensate for his average ablity.

I always said that once Ole gets another option, he will get rid of Lingard. Think both Periera and Lingard could be sold for incoming players.
If you watch him now in comparison to his first season under Van Gaal he is completely different. He barely chases down anymore now, when under Van Gaal he literally tried to chase everything down, so I do believe that's what he thinks.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's gone this Summer, he probably needs a decent reality check and a move away from the pressure of United. I don't hate him anywhere near as much as others on here, I hope he sorts himself out and recovers some form. Here's hoping we get a semi decent fee for him.

Renegade

I can see Lingard being bought by Everton. A supporting cast of Lingard, Iwobi, and Walcott to feed Calvert Lewin. If it's been made clear to him that this will be his last season, then hopefully he'll be more inspired than ever to end the season on a high. Or rather to have the type of self confidence that he'll prove the manager wrong, and be fully convinced that he can oust both Bruno and Pereira from the pecking order.
You think Ancelotti will accept a player like Lingard as his number 10?
Sigurdson is twice the player and the verdict is still out on him.
I really think Lingard needs to go abroad and reinvent/find himself again.I reckon he won’t fancy himself playing for a bottom 10 Premier league team. He wouldn’t have got an agent like Mino for a move like that.

Alemar

Lingard doesn’t even make the bench in matches as vs City any longer. And it’s in a situation when both Rashford and Pogba are out injured. When they return, what would happen then? Especially considering Chong signed (and maybe will now play a bit more).

DVG7

There was a time when he was a starter for England and looked really good for us, however that was very clearly his purple patch and he has reverted back to his usual average footballer ways. I hope its not too awkward for him around the dressing room, where he's clearly on an opposite trajectory to the majority of the team at the moment, and its best for everyone if he just leaves. Should get around 15-20m for him from the likes of crystal palace.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
There was a time when he was a starter for England and looked really good for us, however that was very clearly his purple patch and he has reverted back to his usual average footballer ways. I hope its not too awkward for him around the dressing room, where he's clearly on an opposite trajectory to the majority of the team at the moment, and its best for everyone if he just leaves. Should get around 15-20m for him from the likes of crystal palace.
He's shite and reclining. What would make anyone pay 15 or 20 mill ?

Even in today's market he's not going to fetch that amount.

DVG7

He's shite and reclining. What would make anyone pay 15 or 20 mill ?

Even in today's market he's not going to fetch that amount.
If he goes for that amount would you accept a name change to mcwrongsipan?

I think he and his agent would do a good job at convincing potential suitors he’s been unfairly treated etc etc and that there’s lots more to come from him. 15m would be good value for any mid table club

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
If he goes for that amount would you accept a name change to mcwrongsipan?

I think he and his agent would do a good job at convincing potential suitors he’s been unfairly treated etc etc and that there’s lots more to come from him. 15m would be good value for any mid table club
15 mill at a stretch. Remember its the club who will set the fee not his agent.
If anything its the personal terms the best number 10 in Europe will want is what any transfer will hinge on.

He's 27 now not 21. This is peak Lingard.

James Ward

Not even on the bench vs LASK. You love to see it.
I love this ruthlessness from Ole.

Delighted. Jesse has really brought this predicament on himself with his antics.

Andreas seems like a decent person and would keep him for the wages he is on but Lingards behavior just annoys the balls off me.

Let him go on a free for all i care. He is 27 and acts like a spoiled 12 year old. Probably thinks Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern will be in for him in the Summer :lol: :lol:

I could see him signing for Leeds in the Summer just to piss United supporters off.

mu4c_20le

To be fair he has done or said nothing to justify getting on the bench ahead of Chong.

arthurka

I love this ruthlessness from Ole.

Delighted. Jesse has really brought this predicament on himself with his antics.

Andreas seems like a decent person and would keep him for the wages he is on but Lingards behavior just annoys the balls off me.

Let him go on a free for all i care. He is 27 and acts like a spoiled 12 year old. Probably thinks Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern will be in for him in the Summer :lol: :lol:

I could see him signing for Leeds in the Summer just to piss United supporters off.
Hope he does.. they will eat him alive.

Full bodied red

It's always a shame on a personal level to see someone humiliated in public.

Remember Joe Hart ?? England keeper and six months later had to go on loan to Italy just to get a game. And now ?? Anyone know where he is ?? Yeah....He's on the bench ( sometimes ) at Burnley.

I'm fairly sure that the same will happen to Lingard. 12 months from now when he's no longer a United player he will become absolutely, totally anonymous.

Maybe he should have spent more time practicing his footballing skills than his goal scoring celebrations.

RedCurry

Here’s a few things about Ole. He knows what Man Utd quality means. He was one of them. He can bench whoever the feck he wants and media won’t dare to question it, because of his past. He is also super supportive of his players so I bet he will give Lingard all the help he needs. There’s neither burned bridges nor favorites with this manager. Just a couple of months ago we thought he was done with Matic after some dire performances and yet here we are. Don’t be surprised to see Lingard come out of this period as a genuinely good squad option for a couple of seasons.

SmallCaine

Here’s a few things about Ole. He knows what Man Utd quality means. He was one of them. He can bench whoever the feck he wants and media won’t dare to question it, because of his past. He is also super supportive of his players so I bet he will give Lingard all the help he needs. There’s neither burned bridges nor favorites with this manager. Just a couple of months ago we thought he was done with Matic after some dire performances and yet here we are. Don’t be surprised to see Lingard come out of this period as a genuinely good squad option for a couple of seasons.
You can't polish a turd, the sooner he's gone the better it is for all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.