4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjb

People still seem not to understand why we are poor at times. Lingard isn't good enough for Villa or Norwich. Look at the talent we saw in the Norwich attack today and look at their average contribution. Lingard would be on the bench in those squads and they are bottom of the league level. This is what happens when clubs don't use loans to assess talent. Lingard on his very best form could have played for Brighton, but the form did not last long enough, yet at United we expect him to come in and produce against opposition above his level. For a player like Lingard, it is equivalent to asking Shelvey to perform against Man City. People need to start looking at what is in front of them. If a player can't control touches, constantly seems off the pace, can never do anything meaningful and chooses the safe option when posed with attacking spaces against these teams due to fear of losing the ball he's poor. It's the level of performance usually seen by players from newly promoted clubs when playing top teams in the league. People just find it difficult to dissociate him from the club.

The same thing goes for both Mata and Pereira. Mata's age and the level of speed he plays at at the moment suggests to me that his legs are at an MLS level. He has never produced sufficiently at United, particularly from the flanks, and now doesn't even have the legs to make his centrality effective in anyway. Periera is another obvious one. Mourinho didn't play because he saw this, but people saw his background and style of play and forced a chance to be give to him despite what evidence showed us. He was not a regular starter for either Grenada or Valencia. On whoscored his average rating for those clubs were below 7, which suggests a low level of performance, even against teams that were of his club's quality. People seem to think players simply perform poorly in loan spells due to the clubs, but if a side with average players spotted a good player that even for a short period of time could contribute for them and with the high stakes of it, they would play those players regardless of bias. United fans always blame coaches for not giving these undeserving young players a chance, but the truth is, not many players have the quality to feature for everton or stoke, talk less of united. It's time people started assessing our youngsters without the rose tinted glasses then we wouldnt be talking about Lingard's , Cleverley's and Pereira's.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
People still seem not to understand why we are poor at times. Lingard isn't good enough for Villa or Norwich. Look at the talent we saw in the Norwich attack today and look at their average contribution. Lingard would be on the bench in those squads and they are bottom of the league level. This is what happens when clubs don't use loans to assess talent. Lingard on his very best form could have played for Brighton, but the form did not last long enough, yet at United we expect him to come in and produce against opposition above his level. For a player like Lingard, it is equivalent to asking Shelvey to perform against Man City. People need to start looking at what is in front of them. If a player can't control touches, constantly seems off the pace, can never do anything meaningful and chooses the safe option when posed with attacking spaces against these teams due to fear of losing the ball he's poor. It's the level of performance usually seen by players from newly promoted clubs when playing top teams in the league. People just find it difficult to dissociate him from the club.

The same thing goes for both Mata and Pereira. Mata's age and the level of speed he plays at at the moment suggests to me that his legs are at an MLS level. He has never produced sufficiently at United, particularly from the flanks, and now doesn't even have the legs to make his centrality effective in anyway. Periera is another obvious one. Mourinho didn't play because he saw this, but people saw his background and style of play and forced a chance to be give to him despite what evidence showed us. He was not a regular starter for either Grenada or Valencia. On whoscored his average rating for those clubs were below 7, which suggests a low level of performance, even against teams that were of his club's quality. People seem to think players simply perform poorly in loan spells due to the clubs, but if a side with average players spotted a good player that even for a short period of time could contribute for them and with the high stakes of it, they would play those players regardless of bias. United fans always blame coaches for not giving these undeserving young players a chance, but the truth is, not many players have the quality to feature for everton or stoke, talk less of united. It's time people started assessing our youngsters without the rose tinted glasses then we wouldnt be talking about Lingard's , Cleverley's and Pereira's.
Spot on.

This is why we're looking for Bruno (no.10) back-ups - because Lingard, Pereira and Mata need to go.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I feel for Jesse. I think had he scored off that early jinking run things might have been different for him. Still, ultimately, we know the level he regresses to when he's not in a purple patch. That level just ain't what we aspire to. I will always want him to succeed because he's one of our own. No faith in it now though. I don't blame him for today's showing cos I don't expect more.

stevoc

Jesse still has great movement, i just wish he use it to move somewhere else.

Kag

He shouldn’t be anywhere near the team bus. There is no excuse for not binning this numpty in the next transfer window.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I don't do the rating stuff here but his performance was 0/10.
Bar the tricky feet to create something first half, and a decent bit of defensive work midway through the second he genuinlely looked like he was playing with weights on his feet.

Every stride seemed to be laboured, awkward and almost in slow motion at times.

Genuinely looked out of place.

RkkMan

Lingard is like a fly. He moves around a lot but he`s bloody annoying. Needs to be the first player out the door in the summer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I really do think he’ll go this window. I think he wants a move too. Not so much leaving the club, just that he wants first team football and there’s absolutely no way he’ll get it here next season, barring massive injuries.

Stretender

People here ask why we are not challenging for the title yet they are busy justifying Lingard being in the team. Players like him and a few others is the reason we are where we are.

Fosu-Mens

I feel for Jesse. I think had he scored off that early jinking run things might have been different for him. Still, ultimately, we know the level he regresses to when he's not in a purple patch. That level just ain't what we aspire to. I will always want him to succeed because he's one of our own. No faith in it now though. I don't blame him for today's showing cos I don't expect more.
If the level you regress to is where you are 75% of your time, then that is your level.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The biggest problem with Lingard (aside from not being good enough) is that he doesn't specialize in anything. Is he a winger? No. Is he a striker? No. Is he a midfielder? No. So what is he? He's a guy who runs around a lot and offers nothing. There was a time when I thought he might turn out to be a decent #8 in a 4-3-3 but that was wrong too. And the worst part is that he has been given so many chances when we could have been giving game time to players like Chong and Gomes to develop. And now we will likely lose Gomes because an inferior player was taking up the minutes that should have gone to him...

crossy1686

career ending
I really do think he’ll go this window. I think he wants a move too. Not so much leaving the club, just that he wants first team football and there’s absolutely no way he’ll get it here next season, barring massive injuries.
Solskjaer does this thing in pressers where he says something positive but makes a bit of a statement at the same time, for example, he said the following on Lingard before the game:

“Jesse has come back after the lockdown with a smile on his face, loads of energy. Unfortunately, last week he fell ill for a couple of days but we’ve done all the tests and he’s fine. He’ll be involved against Norwich now and hopefully he can kick on. Jesse, as you say, has scored vital goals for us and he’s a vital player for us, so let’s see what the future will hold. At the moment he’s looking really sharp and focused.
Reading between the lines, this is a warning: "You've been shit, you've definitely been better, you've got 7 games to save your United career".

Knowing that, if you were Lingard you would have died on that pitch today if you wanted to stay and be a United player next season. He was absolutely woeful again today and looks like he's completely given up on trying to make it work. He'll be gone before the window shuts.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
The likes of Lingard is why Utd have a long road back to success. He believes his own hype and instead of knuckling down and improving as a player he is too busy with his clothing line and social media disregarding the fact the only reason he can do those things is due to him playing for Man Utd.

He needs to go and if teams will take Danny Welbeck on you can be rest assured there will be someone gullible/desperate enough to take Lingard on too.

TheMitz

The likes of Lingard is why Utd have a long road back to success. He believes his own hype and instead of knuckling down and improving as a player he is too busy with his clothing line and social media disregarding the fact the only reason he can do those things is due to him playing for Man Utd.

He needs to go and if teams will take Danny Welbeck on you can be rest assured there will be someone gullible/desperate enough to take Lingard on too.
this

he epitomizes everything that's gone wrong with the club since Fergus retired

PoTMS

Honestly, have no words to describe this guy. Needs to leave. Biggest deadwood right now.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Don't think Ancelotti is that stupid.
Ancelotti is good at getting the best out of #10s.

Zidane, Kaka, Lampard, Di Maria, James, and Thiago all played some of their best football under Ancelotti.

Now Lingard isn’t quite on the same level as the guys above but who knows, maybe Ancelotti can bring the best out of him.

Stadjer

Zidane, Kaka, Lampard, Di Maria, James, and Thiago all played some of their best football under Ancelotti.

Now Lingard isn’t quite on the same level as the guys above but who knows, maybe Ancelotti can bring the best out of him.
I giggled because of that understatement.

OleGunnar20

He's just so out of his depth. Any of those Norwich attackers would have been a marked improvement and they're dead bottom of the PL.

That he's managed to hang on this long is a real insight into our shambolic transfer strategy in recent years.

No doubt Ole will have him moved on as soon as possible.

Red00012

Has anyone else over time stopped shouting at the tv when he fecks up anymore ? I’ve changed to rolling my eyes and questioning why he still is on the payroll ?

fen4e

Never thought I'd see Lingard and Zidane in the same sentence. :nono:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That counter when he had space in front of him but he stopped and made 1m sideway pass to Shaw.... :drool: :drool:
Yes. This. Who does that? And then he ends that pathetic play with an equally pathetic shot.

He's absolutely woeful.

White Fury

If I was Ed Woodward I would have terminated his contract instantly after the game. Worst attacking player in the WHOLE club. Should have been binned into obscurity years ago. Not even championship clubs would want him. League one level at best. Really hope we can deceit a low level club into buying him for around 2 - 5 mil. impossible to get anymore than that.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I will, but first without exposing yourself as a simpleton tell me why you gave him 0 out of 10.
Okay 0/10 was a reason too because his performances are terrible and frustrating since now at least 18 months.
I was always a fan of him, i have never abused him and he has showed between 2015-2018 that he could be a good squad player for us or a good player for a club like for example Newcastle.
But whatever has happened since August 2018 in his life (He has played 72 games) is that his performances were 90% not good enough for a club with title ambitions and right now he would be lucky to get a move to for example Aston Villa.

Today: His movement was totally brainless (His biggest strength between 2015-2018), so many backpasses and not enough fighting spirit in the tacklings (if you have a bad match).

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Today had a “one last chance” feel to it. It’s sad in a way but that’s probably it from Jesse, simply not up to it. Has done well financially out of football given his limited talent and fair play to him.

Red Stone

I think if you combined the ratings of his last 10 games he'd still struggle to crack 1/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.