Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He was brought on to run around, and press the Leicester keeper and defence.
And massive credit to him, that's exactly what he was doing in 95th minute, and it led to possibly his last ever goal for Manchester United.

There is a big decision for him to make this summer. If he is happy to retain a squad role, he may have a place, if he wants regular football, he will have to leave.

Pughnichi

Can’t imagine Ole putting him on for one last hurrah. But based on the season, James was the more likely off the bench.

perhaps it was his send off. Lets hope so

OleBoiii

Very happy for him.

He may not be good enough, but at the end of the day he works his socks off and he's homegrown as well.

rakesh289

Still scoring important goals.
If this the end, its a good way to end.
If he stays then welcome back jesse, good recent cameos

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Glad he scored - he needed that goal. But regardless, his time at the club is surely up.

Walters_19_MuFc

With seconds to go, many would have just allowed the keeper to hoof it up the pitch, but he created the situation from his pressing and got his just reward.

So glad he scored. Topped off the day for me.

Devil81

Don't know why but I think he might have a future at the club as a squad player. I'd all but written him off but looking at the reaction of the team when he scored that goal today made me think he may have had serious issues personally.

I know we've heard rumours but today it just seemed written he'd score that goal given his off field troubles.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Don't know why but I think he might have a future at the club as a squad player. I'd all but written him off but looking at the reaction of the team when he scored that goal today made me think he may have had serious issues personally.

I know we've heard rumours but today it just seemed written he'd score that goal given his off field troubles.
Maybe! Or his farewell goal, it wouldn’t shock me if the lads all loved him to be honest so who knows.

redshaw

Not sure it was a send off, I don't think Ole was thinking that, more the team were playing a measured game and Ole trusted Lingard to keep it that way. Lingard has been pretty good when he's come on of late in keeping things tidy and James might've been a bit loose with possession. Jesse is also good at picking up loose balls and did very well away to Arsenal a few years back to get us 2-0 up.

It might be coincidental that it will be his final game. Very good end to the season either way.

ArjenIsM3

Happy for him. He's struggled a lot with personal issues the past year or so and getting this goal should provide him with a welcome boost mentally. I still don't think he's good enough to even be a squad player for us and I do think he should leave for his own good as well as ours but I wish him all the best.

kidbob

feck everyone of you pricks that have the pitch forks out. I'm delighted for him to get that moment today. Do I want him to stay? The answer is no if we can bring in a better player. However the sheer amount of hate he receives from our 'fans' is disgusting. Even when he's done something good for the team you twats can't just say "well done". The lad isn't a top class player or even good enough to be here but he has had some great and important moments for us, while being a player that loves the club and came through the academy. The guy scored a winning goal in an FA cup final. If thats the last game he plays for us then I'm happy that he had that moment. You can talk shit about brand and social media all you want but he cares about this club more than any of us do.

You are probably the same fans that cried foul when Rooney requested the transfer but were the first that wanted him gone when his form went to shit. You expect loyalty from every player but show no loyalty yourselves when it doesn't suit you. There's no need for you to rate Lingard as a player or want him to stay here but there's no need to tear him down in his good moments.

LARulz

With more subs allowed next year, us being in the Champions League, condensed schedule etc. I don't think he's going anywhere unless he asks for a move.

I may be wrong but it feels like he is well liked by other players which helps the dressing room. He may not be world class but he can pitch in and good option from the bench at times

I don't want him starting many games, but I wouldn't want to see him leave unless an offer was too good or he genuinely wanted to

Chairman Steve

To be honest, I was for his introduction today when it took place, but was confused it was for Greenwood rather than the ineffective Rashford. Leicester were getting possession and he’s good at closing down defenders and forcing mistakes and lo and behold he got reward for it with the second goal.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I hope the goal helps us find a taker for Lindgard. But my hopes are not up.
He's off. I think Ole brought him on to play his last game in a United shirt.
Happy for him. Hope he can have a good career elsewhere.
The mental gymnastics here are crazy.

Just because he came on in the last part of the game and just because he scored, that MUST mean he’s off...Right.

Beggars belief, the level of dislike for this guy is insane.

“Fans”

Cleverly suffered the same abuse and it affected his mental health too, no doubt it affected his confidence on the pitch.

The hard part for me was the year under Moyes. The way the fans turned on you, that was my club, I'd been there since 11 years old. For the fans to go as sour as it did, it disappointed me and I was a player that would try 100% every game, it wasn't a fact of trying, I wasn't good enough that year.

That was the thing that disappointed me but the actual leaving I didn't have a problem with that”

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-cleverley-opens-up-difficult-17589528.amp

HATE MAIL
"I’m not going to lie and say that I was enjoying my life at that time. Football was my life.

"I was playing for a club that I loved, I’d worked so hard to get there and I could see it falling apart. It was devastating.

"You get letters at the training ground. You try to respond to fan mail, but in the end it gets to a point where you’re better off not reading it.

"Social media was just a hindrance, so I closed my accounts. Having a lot of followers on Twitter meant a lot less to me than my mental health and my football career.

"I just got rid of it all and I’ve never gone back on since. I think that’s been good for me."

www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8703587/tom-cleverly-man-utd-fergie-van-persie/amp/

Sounds awfully familiar doesn’t it?

Some of the so called “fans” need to grow up and see that these guys are human too & are living the dream that you and I have had since we have been 10 & THEY’RE the ones who have lived it in Cleverly’s example and are currently living it in Lingard’s.

How awful must it be not only for your own fans to hate you, that’s bad enough, but for the club you’ve played for and loved since you were 11.

Learn some respect and support the guy, it he’s deemed not good enough, Ole and the management team will deal with that. Until then Lingard has my support 110% & I hope he turns it around and puts those that cannot wait to see the back of him, back into your seats.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
hE mUsT bE lEaViNg oOoOOoOo

Put your pitchforks down!

Terrible from so called fans this evening

tentan

Poor man's poster.
That goal earnt him a new 4 year contract. We're never getting rid of him.

LoneStar

Did well to press there and got rewarded for it. Happy for him that he finally got a goal.

I would not mind him staying as a squad option next season. I’d ship Mata and Periera before him. With CL next season and little break plus the more subs rule, I think he will get enough game time.

SAFMUTD

Did well to press there and got rewarded for it. Happy for him that he finally got a goal.

I would not mind him staying as a squad option next season. I’d ship Mata and Periera before him. With CL next season and little break plus the more subs rule, I think he will get enough game time.
Please dont.

yan man utd

Let’s not underestimate how important confidence is in a player’s performance. Of course - some players are more sensitive / or simply unable to stay focused in the modern game. Ronaldo is a classic example - talented for sure but he would never have got to where he is if he didn’t have the focus that he has.
Perhaps, Jesse is more easily led astray - or was in a lesser way than ravel Morrison.

initially, the kid has made - is being praised by van gaal / mourinho and let it get to his head. Didnt realise the risks of exposing himself when he was larking around on social media. I genuinely believe he woke up at some point and felt awful and basically embarrassed not to mention like he had made a huge mistake.

There is No doubt that A confident Jesse Lingard is a very talented footballer who has technique, control of the ball in tight situations And synergy with the other players. I think that once he lost confidence in his image it affected his performance on the pitch. He has done something about it and come off social media. He is English, has done some awesome things for United. There is nothing like watching someone resurrecting themselves

maybe we should give him a chance to do so. Plus he’s a manc and english

have to say I enjoyed him score as an encore to this final vital game in the league. It’s up to him , but he needs our support.

Final point I do like his keep ball/ one - two / give and take ball style and high energy. Build on it Jesse!

Red_toad

That was his 1st goal this season so how many "important goals" he has scored?
Scored in FA cup, league and Europa, so not his first goal of the season. Please stop with spreading misinformation. I’m sure his 3 goals have all been essential and fully worthy of the 100k a week in wages:p

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Happy for him. It brought out genuine happiness from almost the whole squad and staff. I was surprised to even seen Kieran crack a smile. He’s clearly loved by staff and players. They seemed to all be rooting for him.

Now with that aside, this is business. His footballing ability does not belong in this team and he must go. Ole can now do it with grace as he gave him every benefit of a doubt and supported him at the lowest of his mental battles. With him seemingly in a better state he should respectfully let Jesse know it will be almost impossible for him to play football for United next year. Transfer him to some other English team so he can stay close to the lads.

manunited1919

The mental gymnastics here are crazy.

Just because he came on in the last part of the game and just because he scored, that MUST mean he’s off...Right.

Beggars belief, the level of dislike for this guy is insane.

“Fans”

Cleverly suffered the same abuse and it affected his mental health too, no doubt it affected his confidence on the pitch.

The hard part for me was the year under Moyes. The way the fans turned on you, that was my club, I'd been there since 11 years old. For the fans to go as sour as it did, it disappointed me and I was a player that would try 100% every game, it wasn't a fact of trying, I wasn't good enough that year.

That was the thing that disappointed me but the actual leaving I didn't have a problem with that”

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-cleverley-opens-up-difficult-17589528.amp

HATE MAIL
"I’m not going to lie and say that I was enjoying my life at that time. Football was my life.

"I was playing for a club that I loved, I’d worked so hard to get there and I could see it falling apart. It was devastating.

"You get letters at the training ground. You try to respond to fan mail, but in the end it gets to a point where you’re better off not reading it.

"Social media was just a hindrance, so I closed my accounts. Having a lot of followers on Twitter meant a lot less to me than my mental health and my football career.

"I just got rid of it all and I’ve never gone back on since. I think that’s been good for me."

www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8703587/tom-cleverly-man-utd-fergie-van-persie/amp/

Sounds awfully familiar doesn’t it?

Some of the so called “fans” need to grow up and see that these guys are human too & are living the dream that you and I have had since we have been 10 & THEY’RE the ones who have lived it in Cleverly’s example and are currently living it in Lingard’s.

How awful must it be not only for your own fans to hate you, that’s bad enough, but for the club you’ve played for and loved since you were 11.

Learn some respect and support the guy, it he’s deemed not good enough, Ole and the management team will deal with that. Until then Lingard has my support 110% & I hope he turns it around and puts those that cannot wait to see the back of him, back into your seats.
He is an embarrassment of a footballer and we have had to put up with him for too long. We are fans of football, not fans of dance queens after all. Cleverly at least was a footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.