4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Web of Bissaka

As if Raiola would tie Lingard's future to Pogba's.. first as soon as agents started putting interest of one of their clients over another, they are finished in the game as no one would trust him. And on top of it, why would he mess with his cash cow - Pogba - to help Lingard:lol:
Sounds like you don't know how the game works

432JuanMata

Imagine the turmoil in the caf once the club offer Lingard new contract.

Another caf meltdown?
Have to be a meltdown and rightly so. Not so much about Lingard it be mostly about the club. If we gave him another contract it would show the fans that we are not serious about getting back to where we once were. We have held onto deadwood for far too long over the last 7 years

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm worried if he's sold it'll affect Rashford's morale. Can we offer him a contract as a mascot?

Edit: Holy shit, he's almost 28!

DarkLord

Such a man child. He is the one player I cannot wait to see the back of him, if there's one player there has to be out of the club ASAP, it's him. If the club offers him a new contract, I'd be disappointed as they are just being sentimental and emotional. He has done NOTHING to deserve a new contract. I doubt any top half PL club will want him either.

No Love

Wish he would hurry up and leave so we can start making loads of mediocre Jesse Lingered jokes.

van Nistelrooy

I'm worried if he's sold it'll affect Rashford's morale. Can we offer him a contract as a mascot?

Edit: Holy shit, he's almost 28!
I strongly believe it would have the opposite effect.

Distancing Rashford from Lingard will improve him on several fronts.

Revan

Assumptionman
His contract is expiring in June 2021. If we want to get at least something back he needs to be sold in this transfer window
So probably Ed is gonna give him a huge new contract until 2025, in order to protect its value. To be fair, it makes sense, Jesse is very young so we cannot lose him for nothing.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I have a feeling because it’s ole he might just get next season as a squad player to try and earn a new deal or else leave on a free or for a nominal fee in Jan. I don’t mind either way at this stage. At his best he’s a squad player for a top team. He shouldn’t be getting paid as much as does for what he offers. If we are being ruthless then that much is obvious. If he bangs in a few goals in the cups next year and is happy with mostly sitting on the bench then whatever. It’s the clubs money not mine. If it was my decision he’d be gone this window and his wages and minutes could go to a more talented and focused prospect with the next few years in mind

King Andow

seeing this, its no surprise you're still a newbie even with more than 900 posts.
Yeah I care about that a lot so it's very stressful and difficult for me, but I'll get there just like Lingard will improve and help United, thanks.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So he just scored 1 lucky goal in the final game after a whole season of shite form, then he goes crazy with his trademark brand celebration, and then immediately follow by a series of his own brand promotion afterwards. The whole thing is quite embarrassing to watch.

manunited1919

If the club offer him a new contract:
a) It would be to “preserve his value”.
b) They would want to avoid having to pay dearly to buy another player for sitting in the bench. (Like Liverpool buying Shaqiri).
c) New contract would need to be at substantially lower rate than current deal which is set to expire.

For the club it’s a financial decision, but they also need to look at the quality (or in this case lack of quality) of the asset. I doubt any club will want to buy him though, so the club may need to decide to allow the current contract to expire.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I feel like even with a valid excuse when he’s at his best it’s still not the standard we require.

I wouldn’t want to keep a player who is consistently 5/10 when he plays with the odd 8/10 performance in him.

Corey

It was this video
Does anyone know who the guy humping the bed at the end is?

It sounds like Lingard calls him "Jamar", and he actually looks like a footballer called Jamar that I used to play with back in school. But the guy I'm thinking of doesn't play for United so I'm confused as to why he'd be there. I'm probably just going crazy.

Based Adnan

Has more excuses than goals and assists in the last few years.
I make that 4 or 5 different platforms he's been on now to discuss how his poor performances this season are down to this. Some might say he's going on a press run.

Based Adnan

Does anyone know who the guy humping the bed at the end is?

It sounds like Lingard calls him "Jamar", and he actually looks like a footballer called Jamar that I used to play with back in school. But the guy I'm thinking of doesn't play for United so I'm confused as to why he'd be there. I'm probably just going crazy.
I think it's Jamal Blackman. Chelsea keeper.

L1nk

seeing this, its no surprise you're still a newbie even with more than 900 posts.
He's not wrong though is he? Jesse has been poor since he started playing for us, it isn't just this season that he's been woeful, what are his excuses for every season? No excuses needed, he just isn't a good player, certainly nowhere near the level we require.

Amarsdd

He's not wrong though is he? Jesse has been poor since he started playing for us, it isn't just this season that he's been woeful, what are his excuses for every season? No excuses needed, he just isn't a good player, certainly nowhere near the level we require.
Well, first, lets not forget he was a reliable starter/squad player for us just a couple of years ago. With the massive drop off in the last year or even with his performances before that, I agree he's not good enough for us now. But there is no need for a crass comment like the one I replied to esp. towards your own player who has clearly had personal problems.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not sure why he has the audacity to get the hump when subbed off after the season he just had
Because he was enjoying being back on the pitch and playing well? For a player to be pissed off about coming off in a dead rubber I think is a good thing

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Love that Scholesy just quoted the mid table teams Lingard might go to...Everton and West Ham :lol:

Could have been posting on the cafe!

MrBrightside1989

Would much rather have him as a squad player than Mata and Pereira, who I think were both very poor today. He is perhaps more useful than James as well as going forward as he is more versatile.
he needs to improve quickly though or he will be gone.

luke511

I counted 29 "you know"s in that short BT post match interview, think I missed a few as well :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.