4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

Really good today. This is his level I guess. Could have had assist and maybe another goal too. No idea why he was taken off. Maybe using him as a sub in the next game or even starting him?
Hope he gains confidence from scoring some goals again!

Copa Mundial

Sorry to disagree but I don't see how he was really good today as some on here have said.

In my eyes he was probably the best of a bad bunch but overall his performance was nothing more than mediocre for me.

Grande

BOTM. Gutted he was subbed.
Agree, mOTM for me. No wonder he was disappointed for not getting more time to show it, on 1-1, after that year and a half.

But it really did look how reports and Solskjær has implied, that he has turned a corner mentally, and it shows in physical form, concentration and confidence.

He may have a role to play here yet!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Really good today. This is his level I guess. Could have had assist and maybe another goal too. No idea why he was taken off. Maybe using him as a sub in the next game or even starting him?
Reckon it's just the case that other players need the minutes more then he does as he's been making cameos off the bench.

saivet

I thought he was good today. Looks like he has a bit of confidence back.

Kostov

Couple of good runs and link ups which is an improvement of his usual performances, yet so mediocre and so many feck ups, he almost fecked up the goal too. A solid 6/10 from me and that’s being generous.

SamVimes

He was awful tonight. Niall Quinn on Virgin thought he was horrendous the first half, which he was.

OleBoiii

He's way more useful than Pereira and Mata. If he's fine with being 3rd choice, then I want him to stay.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Very good today. Bit bizarre people are trying to say he didn't have a good game. You're allowed to say he was good and still think he isn't good enough for us.

SirScholes

Because he kept losing the ball that’s why

He came off immediately after he shinned it out for a throw in

SirScholes

Very good today. Bit bizarre people are trying to say he didn't have a good game. You're allowed to say he was good and still think he isn't good enough for us.
Because he wasn’t good let alone very good
He lost the ball almost every time and gave our striker zero service

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The interviewer asked him tonight if he thought he’d get enough chances (to play at Man Utd going forward) and he avoided the question and said something like yeah the lads make plenty of chances for each other here. He’s100% fighting for his place. Let him fight away. If he keeps scoring that’s unreal. Give the manager an option.. Take some pressure off the other players for a while. Basically earn your 100k.

ivaldo

Except, you know, putting our striker clean through on goal.

SirScholes

Except, you know, putting our striker clean through on goal.
Some context for the “good performances”
Passing % 78...Even James managed 80%
key passes....1....just the 1, mata managed 4 and he can’t run 5 feet anymore

ivaldo

Some context for the “good performances”
Passing % 78...Even James managed 80%
key passes....1....just the 1, mata managed 4 and he can’t run 5 feet anymore
Key passes. A notoriously accurate depiction of a performance. Clear cut chances created. Goals scored?

SirScholes

Key passes. A notoriously accurate depiction of a performance. Clear cut chances created. Goals scored?
1 of each and he lost the ball how many times?
Against a top 4 team I’ll take that stat, against lask!!! With the amount of space available, Absolutely not.

Grande

He was poor. A lot of running without any real quality.
I can understand you feel safe in saying that, because it’s been true for 18 months. I, however, watched the game with a special eye for him, Pereira and Mata, and from Jesse I saw numerous good involvements, initiatives, opening passes, combinations, good runs with and without the ball, and a couple of beautiful flicks to top it of. If Bruno had this performance, people would notice how he as usual was our most creative and dangerous man, but be surprised at how few misplaced passes he had.

Lingard is never going to be a Bruno. He runs a kilometer extra per game, though, and if he plays with the accuracy, responsibility and confidence he did today (and not the previous 18 months), he is going to be a useful part of the squad. Big if, of course, it’s one game.

ivaldo

1 of each and he lost the ball how many times?
Against a top 4 team I’ll take that stat, against lask!!! With the amount of space available, Absolutely not.
Fine I'm not going to argue with ya. If it means that much to you then pretend he didn't have a good game.

SirScholes

Fine I'm not going to argue with ya. If it means that much to you then pretend he didn't have a good game.
I don’t have to pretend it’s there for all to see in stats and figures and fact he got subbed even though he’d just scored

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
ffs guys It was LASK. The Mighty Lask who would struggle to get into top 10 in the Championship :lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t have to pretend it’s there for all to see in stats and figures and fact he got subbed even though he’d just scored
I actually think he got subbed off to build up his fitness gradually. He wasn’t playing bad enough to be aggressively hooked especially after he scored. I reckon it was just always planned to do that.

van Nistelrooy

Sorry to disagree but I don't see how he was really good today as some on here have said.

In my eyes he was probably the best of a bad bunch but overall his performance was nothing more than mediocre for me.
Couldn't agree more.

Took his goal well, but what else did he do. Lots of pointless running and losing the ball over and over.

Embarrassing from pundits and United fans to think this is the standard a player should be delivering for United (against a well-beaten LASK). However, he wasn't the worst out there.

Andersonson

Stats tell you everything!

He was decent. He made some good combinations, scored and made a huge chance. Thats never a shit performance in a europa tie. ...

Was he world class? No
Is he world class? No

Be objective

Idxomer

Him being average against a very poor team is more of an indicator of his current level than anything useful he's done today. He's still not remotely good enough even as a squad player.

ivaldo

And now you're suggesting that's the reason he got subbed? :lol: Yeah, I'm done.

caid

4 goals in his last 8/10 appearances, not bad for a shit player that never scores if you ask me.
They were against Astana, LASK and Tranmere after about 30 or so games without a goal. Its not very good either.

Ace of Spades

I can understand you feel safe in saying that, because it’s been true for 18 months. I, however, watched the game with a special eye for him, Pereira and Mata, and from Jesse I saw numerous good involvements, initiatives, opening passes, combinations, good runs with and without the ball, and a couple of beautiful flicks to top it of. If Bruno had this performance, people would notice how he as usual was our most creative and dangerous man, but be surprised at how few misplaced passes he had.

Lingard is never going to be a Bruno. He runs a kilometer extra per game, though, and if he plays with the accuracy, responsibility and confidence he did today (and not the previous 18 months), he is going to be a useful part of the squad. Big if, of course, it’s one game.
I also saw the game, and he was poor. Seems the bar is so low that even a poor game is considered as a good game for him because he scored a goal. His passing was average and mostly safe with no threat, his flicks were more miss than hit, his combination was not good with any players particularly. His running with the ball was ineffective, and without the ball average.

If Bruno had this game he would be hammered as this was worse than any of Bruno's worst performances.

Lingard is never going to be Bruno, but he is not good enough to be a bench option either, not based on this performance.

Tony247

Apart from his goal and couple of good touches he was awful. A no. 10 should get heavily involved in the moves. There needs to be synergy between him and his CF. He was almost invisible. I bet anyone to watch the full replay and confirm his position, was he playing no. 10? It was more of no. X...just an imaginary variable.

hobbers

It really is incredible how deluded people can be with performances...

He had one good pass which created a chance, and he scored, and he was a fraction of a millisecond away from fluffing up the 1v1 for his goal let's not forget. Basically every other interaction he had with the ball was poor. He had the commentators firmly on his back after a dismal first half and this was against Lask, who showed up more for a tour of Old Trafford than an actual game of competitive football.

manunited1919

You forgot to mention he can’t get a loose ball under control even without any pressure. Terrible footballer.

Krits

What game were people watching? I’d love to see a video of all his touches. Cause for once I hardly saw him have a bad one. In fact his touch seemed crisp. He created more than just one opening with his touch.

I don’t want Lingard to stay, but people are so filled with hate for him that they cant objectively see that his performance tonight was better than anything Rashford (who I think was just fatigued) managed in his last 4 games.

It was Mata and James that constantly fecked it up for us in the final third.

Status
Not open for further replies.