4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpWithRivers

Hes useless as a first teamer but he did a job tonight. Not a great job but a 6/7 out of 10 performance. Yes opposition was sht but thats what we need from squad players - go against the lesser teams and do your job. If he could do that consistently then he would be a useful squad player. Problem is he will have loads of 4 out of 10 games over the season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'm surprised people thought he was good. He did have some good moments, but there were also times he messed things up. Better than he has been most of this season but it was still nowhere near his best.

It does continue his recent improvement over the last month though.

youngrell

Showed he had one confidence back and was an improvement over previous performances but still really lacking.

Mata had one of his worst games I’ve ever seen but we still looked far more threatening in the second half when he moved to the centre and Jesse was pushed wide left.

Grande

What game were people watching? I’d love to see a video of all his touches. Cause for once I hardly saw him have a bad one. In fact his touch seemed crisp. He created more than just one opening with his touch.

I don’t want Lingard to stay, but people are so filled with hate for him that they cant objectively see that his performance tonight was better than anything Rashford (who I think was just fatigued) managed in his last 4 games.

It was Mata and James that constantly fecked it up for us in the final third.
Yes, it is a bit strange.

Havak

Pokemon master
I thought he was probably the best player last night, but most were relatively poor. Interesting reaction to being subbed off. Either Ole thinks he's important enough to be considered in the 15-16 players most likely to be used in the remaining Europa League games, or it was his last appearance at Old Trafford for United... I think the former, but the latter wouldn't surprise me.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
oh please god dont let the last two games make any difference, he has to be gone by the start of the season, PLEASE!

Dan_F

I thought he was probably the best player last night, but most were relatively poor. Interesting reaction to being subbed off. Either Ole thinks he's important enough to be considered in the 15-16 players most likely to be used in the remaining Europa League games, or it was his last appearance at Old Trafford for United... I think the former, but the latter wouldn't surprise me.
I read that reaction as being annoyed because he was just starting to influence the game. He was pretty ineffective in the first half, but seemed to have more confidence in the second.

I think he’ll be first or second option off the bench for the Europa.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Then was one moment in the game when he could have passed the ball directly, instead, he spun around, then looked up and passed it half a second later to the same position he could have at the very beginning. Sometimes, you wonder...

diawl_coch

B grade player - limited, but useful player. Brings energy and pace and as well as a certain amount of chaos to our team. I'd keep him now, he's had a hard season on and off the pitch. Use against the Fulham and Everton level teams where technical demands are less, as well as any sub-prime cup opposition. Always seems to be happy to be at Utd, "living the dream".

Havak

Pokemon master
I read that reaction as being annoyed because he was just starting to influence the game. He was pretty ineffective in the first half, but seemed to have more confidence in the second.

I think he’ll be first or second option off the bench for the Europa.
Yeah, I think so too.

There's a lot of talk of Lingard getting a new contract, but we have the option of adding another year to his current one and we know that the club always activates those even if it's most likely we want to sell the player.

Withnail

It really is incredible how deluded people can be with performances...

He had one good pass which created a chance, and he scored, and he was a fraction of a millisecond away from fluffing up the 1v1 for his goal let's not forget. Basically every other interaction he had with the ball was poor. He had the commentators firmly on his back after a dismal first half and this was against Lask, who showed up more for a tour of Old Trafford than an actual game of competitive football.
Come off it, LASK were organised, pressed well and came to play. They were well up for that match.

Jesse got better as the match went on and got more confident after the goal. He seems to be playing himself back into form.

If he can continue that improvement he'll be useful as a squad player. He'll never be first choice but there's other players who need shifting ahead of him.

tomaldinho1

Come off it, LASK were organised, pressed well and came to play. They were well up for that match.

Jesse got better as the match went on and got more confident after the goal. He seems to be playing himself back into form.

If he can continue that improvement he'll be useful as a squad player. He'll never be first choice but there's other players who need shifting ahead of him.
Regardless of whether lingard was good or bad, this is simply not true. The space in behind, particularly wide was laughable but our attacking players just kept messing up their final ball. We played a weak team but the score could still have been similar to the first leg if we'd had a bit more accuracy with passess from Mata, James and Lingard.

Andersons Dietician

I think my expectations for Lingard performances are so low that by his standards I thought he was alright last night. There were moments where he looked semi decent.

I’m not sure how I feel about the idea of him leaving as he just seems like part of the club to me. I don’t think he is, will be, or ever was first team material but as a squad option I think there is a very limited role for him In the team. Guess the issue is does he accept he is a bit part player or go somewhere else where he can play more regular.

On a hefty wage for a bit part player so there is that to take in to account.

hobbers

Not for any top half side. I agree there's a couple who should be shifted before him, but only a couple. Jones and Pereira to be exact.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
The praise Lingard's getting reminds me of a dad praising his 12 year old son for playing well against the u9 side.

Craig Ward

Havent we learnt over the last 4 or 5 seasons what lingard will bring?

He isnt good enough - not even in a game of this magnitude.

He needs to be sold this summer. We will never improve unless we transition the squad. Yes, others need to go as well but Lingard simply has to be sold this year. Its soul destroying seeing his name on the team sheet

Withnail

Regardless of whether lingard was good or bad, this is simply not true. The space in behind, particularly wide was laughable but our attacking players just kept messing up their final ball. We played a weak team but the score could still have been similar to the first leg if we'd had a bit more accuracy with passess from Mata, James and Lingard.
They didn't come for a tour though did they?

The fact that they are rubbish doesn't mean they weren't up for it.

Last edited:

Withnail

Havent we learnt over the last 4 or 5 seasons what lingard will bring?

He isnt good enough - not even in a game of this magnitude.

He needs to be sold this summer. We will never improve unless we transition the squad. Yes, others need to go as well but Lingard simply has to be sold this year. Its soul destroying seeing his name on the team sheet
He needs to be sold to appease you or based on what's best for the club?

I don't agree that he has to be sold this year. We're not going to sell more than a handful of players this window and there are far more pressing cases.

Ole clearly thinks there's still a player there, he seems to be well-liked within the squad and I don't think you can underestimate how certain players are good for morale and team spirit.

He'll never be a first-team player but he was playing well enough to be a squad player two years ago so I'm not sure what the 4 or 5 seasons is all about.

If he can get back on form, which he looks to be doing, he can do a job in the cups and allow for squad rotation in the PL.

Craig Ward

I don't agree that he has to be sold this year. We're not going to sell more than a handful of players this window and there are far more pressing cases.

Ole clearly thinks there's still a player there, he seems to be well-liked within the squad and I don't think you can underestimate how certain players are good for morale and team spirit.

He'll never be a first-team player but he was playing well enough to be a squad player two years ago so I'm not sure what the 4 or 5 seasons is all about.

If he can get back on form, which he looks to be doing, he can do a job in the cups and allow for squad rotation in the PL.
On whats best for the club.

He's never been good enough and he never will be.

Scoring a tap in against leicester isn't playing yourself into form. Even if he reached the very top of his ability - he'd still never be good enough to start regularly for us.

Being "well liked" is Lingards biggest attribute. If we want to push on and improve, you sell players who arent good enough. Lingard isnt good enough.

Ole is transitioning the squad and doing a good job of it.

Lingard, like a few others shouldnt be part of our squad moving forward.

Nickelodeon

Strange that people are willing to consider Lingard’s form from two years back, which was of a squad player at best. But the same treatment isn’t afforded to our 5 time PL Goalkeeper of the year.

Lingard at his best was just about a squad player for us. He’s become much worse now. I would rather those minutes be given to Chong or some other youngster.

Withnail

Strange that people are willing to consider Lingard’s form from two years back, which was of a squad player at best. But the same treatment isn’t afforded to our 5 time PL Goalkeeper of the year.

Lingard at his best was just about a squad player for us. He’s become much worse now. I would rather those minutes be given to Chong or some other youngster.
Bit of a weird comment when I've never said anything negative about De Gea.

There are different people with different opinions on the forum you know?

edgecutter

He was decent not good yesterday. Standards are so low for him that we are all raving about him, but even perriera looked decent when he came on. Yesterday's game doesn't change the fact that both are surplus to requirements

Withnail

On whats best for the club.

He's never been good enough and he never will be.

Scoring a tap in against leicester isn't playing yourself into form. Even if he reached the very top of his ability - he'd still never be good enough to start regularly for us.

Being "well liked" is Lingards biggest attribute. If we want to push on and improve, you sell players who arent good enough. Lingard isnt good enough.

Ole is transitioning the squad and doing a good job of it.

Lingard, like a few others shouldnt be part of our squad moving forward.
I don't necessarily disagree that we need an upgrade on Lingard eventually.

He's not the most pressing aspect of a squad rebuild though and I don't see him being sold this window.

Jones/Rojo/Mata/Dalot and probably even Pereira are ahead of him in that line, although the list is getting smaller which is great.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I think people have been harsh on him. He’s clearly had mental health issues and personal demons to battle this season and previous ones too.

Been impressed with him the last few games come on and been positive and even going on a bit of a goalscoring run.

Surely if he keeps this up he can offer the competition we need for Bruno and maybe even allow him time to rest for some games.

He’s clearly loved by the players and that’s got to count in his favour too.

jem

Would much rather have him as a squad player than Mata and Pereira, who I think were both very poor today. He is perhaps more useful than James as well as going forward as he is more versatile.
he needs to improve quickly though or he will be gone.
He was marginally better than Mata on the whole (although Mata provided decisive assists.) I'm not sure how you can say Pereira was very poor. I want rid of the guy, but today he looked very lively and creative.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I think people have been harsh on him. He’s clearly had mental health issues and personal demons to battle this season and previous ones too.

Been impressed with him the last few games come on and been positive and even going on a bit of a goalscoring run.

Surely if he keeps this up he can offer the competition we need for Bruno and maybe even allow him time to rest for some games.

He’s clearly loved by the players and that’s got to count in his favour too.
Yep, he’s been through some serious mental health issues and hopefully come out the other side.

He will properly compete with Bruno next season! Bruno needs competition too.

Taken his goals really well and playing excellently.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Yep, he’s been through some serious mental health issues and hopefully come out the other side.

I think with the way he’s performing a fully fit and motivated Lingard is better to have our there than a languid Bruno. Got to keep him fresh and Lingard has shown his quality the past two games.

Copa Mundial

I think with the way he’s performing a fully fit and motivated Lingard is better to have our there than a languid Bruno. Got to keep him fresh and Lingard has shown his quality the past two games.
Really?

I would take Bruno hobbling on one leg and with a groin strain over Lingard every time. Jesse unfortunately is not even close to Bruno in terms of ability imho.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Really?

I would take Bruno hobbling on one leg and with a groin strain over Lingard every time. Jesse unfortunately is not even close to Bruno in terms of ability imho.
Lingard is still a good player. And on his day is capable of great moments. Bruno when played too much has been poor in the last few games and Lingard has outperformed him.

At the moment when fully mentally fit Lingard has done really well. Maybe cut him some slack and rest Bruno.

caid

I dont think he's even a useful squad player. If your resting Bruno against relegation fodder or whatever your still going to need someone creative who can supply our forwards because most of them are going to put ten men behind the ball. Even at his best that isn't the game for Lingard. Maybe against Everton or Crystal Palace you could use him but he's not going to help you get the win as thats his level (at best).
Being good against teams 2 divisions below you or Austrian teams just isn't relevant. Absolutely everyone without exception at the club should be comfortable in a match like that.
I'd keep both Mata and Pereirra ahead of him. Mata in particular. I'd actively be trying to sell all of them and wouldn't be too pushed about the order they go though. Their 3 wages would probably cover a grealish or a van de beek who'd actually be good cover. Even if it was a player a tier or two lower they'd still offer more than any of them.

Kostov

Lingard is still a good player. And on his day is capable of great moments. Bruno when played too much has been poor in the last few games and Lingard has outperformed him.

At the moment when fully mentally fit Lingard has done really well. Maybe cut him some slack and rest Bruno.
Lingard has outperformed him? What are you smoking pal? That’s some strong shit there.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Lingard has outperformed him? What are you smoking pal? That’s some strong shit there.
Lingard in the last two games was better than Bruno in his last two. Clearly Lingard just needed to sort his mind out first and now the sky is the limit.

Lingard has scored more from open play too in his last two appearances compared to Bruno’s last two!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Lingard in the last two games was better than Bruno in his last two. Clearly Lingard just needed to sort his mind out first and now the sky is the limit.

Lingard has scored more from open play too in his last two appearances compared to Bruno’s last two!
My word.

stevoc

The Sky is the limit for Jesse Lingard? Does that phrase mean something different where you come from than it does where I live?

Jesus he was alright last night a few nice touches. But it was against an awful team in awful form.

If Lingard had put in that performance against LASK last night for any other club. No United fan would be suggesting that United should sign him.

For the level the club is aiming for Lingard has no place at United even as a squad player. He’s just not good enough. And while in top form he’s a decent player his bottom level is atrocious. And he’s been off form more than on the last few years.

Poor effort to be honest. Lots of effort, no substance, remind yourself of anyone ;-)

arthurka

He isn't anywhere near good enough for Utd. Great he is back scoring and hope it will continue, that will help us sell him.

jem

My god people are getting carried away. He was decent against Lask (Lask!) and scored a fluky goal against Leicester. Bruno’s worst performances (against real competition) were as good as anything Lingard has offered up recently.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
As long as he’s not in our starting 11 or 1st option in any position, I won’t mind keeping him. I reckon he is decent backup option from the bench, full of energy and pressing, especially when we need to hold 1-0 narrow win he will be useful.

In short, he will be our impact workhorse subs in 2nd half in some tight games, just to keep the scoreline.

hobbers

Ole gave him 35 minutes of Prem football since the restart and didn't even name him on the bench for most of the games, so I don't think so. And he's only well liked by his team mates when he's kept away from the pitch. Pogba and co despised playing in high-stakes games with him back when he was still getting minutes, you could see it in their reactions. Only player Pogba probably hated playing with more was Lukaku.

I think people have been harsh on him. He’s clearly had mental health issues

I think with the way he’s performing a fully fit and motivated Lingard is better to have our there than a languid Bruno.

Lingard is still a good player. And on his day is capable of great moments.

Bruno when played too much has been poor in the last few games and Lingard has outperformed him.

God tier trolling. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.