Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Keane and Neville both said he was young when he was 25 going 26.
Rio on Bt sport when we had an UCL match 2 years ago.
For such a famous internet meme, it must have been clipped. Possibly even by yourself. Do you have any evidence?

hobbers

He played well, had lots of space to work in on their counters which definitely suited him.

Keeper should have saved both his goals to be fair though.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
For such a famous internet meme, it must have been clipped. Possibly even by yourself. Do you have any evidence?
l o l where have you been all this time? Why do you think 'Young Lingard' has become a meme? Pundits have been constantly repeating this shit for the past few years on live tv and in the newspaper articles.

https://tribuna.com/en/manutd/news/2020-03-06-phil-neville-brands-lingard-young-english-talent/
https://www.football365.com/news/keane-neville-slam-lingard-over-clothing-range-launch

Last edited:

izec

Ole completely missmanaged him. Moyesiah gets the best out of him. Imagine what Moyes could do with our squad

Dante

Average bang
l o l where have you been all this time? Why do you think 'Young Lingard' has become a meme? Pundits have been constantly repeating this shit for the past few years on live tv and in the newspaper articles.

https://tribuna.com/en/manutd/news/2020-03-06-phil-neville-brands-lingard-young-english-talent/
https://www.football365.com/news/keane-neville-slam-lingard-over-clothing-range-launch

That's only one instance of Keane saying he doesn't know Lingard, and then getting his age wrong.

Shouldn't you be shitting on Keane instead of Lingard about that?

Every poster describing Lingard as Championship standard is more wrong about him than Keane ever was.

Robertd0803

Glad for him. Exactly what he needed, a fresh start with less pressure.

On the other hand hes doing well for West Ham so there is that but anyway.

Paul_Scholes18

Ole completely missmanaged him. Moyesiah gets the best out of him. Imagine what Moyes could do with our squad
The truth is Moyes would probably do well with our squad.
It has player types suited to his football.

Last time he messed it up big time though trying to play football like SAF and not Moyesian football.

Red00012

That's only one instance of Keane saying he doesn't know Lingard, and then getting his age wrong.

Shouldn't you be shitting on Keane instead of Lingard about that?

Every poster describing Lingard as Championship standard is more wrong about him than Keane ever was.
Is that you Moyesy?

David Dante Moyes

Dante

Average bang

You think all these tweets are fake?

People tweet about Q as well. Doesn't make it true.

You're anti-United bias is making you obsess over tiny mistakes from people who make much bigger mistakes on a regular basis. Try a bit of self-awareness to see yourself logging the same dead horse years later.

GifLord

People tweet about Q as well. Doesn't make it true.

You're anti-United bias is making you obsess over tiny mistakes from people who make much bigger mistakes on a regular basis. Try a bit of self-awareness to see yourself logging the same dead horse years later.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And you fanboying over Lingard doesn't? I mean were you living under a rock?
People have been using the young lingard meme because of these pundit idiots who instead of saying it like it was (he was shit move on) were trying to get him more time at the club by saying he's young.
Look at all the shit other players at this club got from the pundits and then compare it to Lingards.

stevoc

He's good enough to be a squad player, but his confidence was completely drained after his personal problems at home and the the abuse he got online from United fans.

A new start was the right move for him. Not because he isn't 'good enough'. More so because he needed a change of scenery.
Is this speculation or do you know him personally?

passing-wind

I'm glad to have seen the smile on Jesse's face. I just think the moment that this team was required to improve from top 6 to a more prominent Lingard couldn't be seen as a pivotal first teamed due to his limitations.

Under a Sir Alex sure he likely will have retired at the club but Bruno and Pogba being the best 10's is more a derivative of their talent and capabilities individually. Dan James is fast becoming another example unless he can go up a few gears and increase the level in his performances.

stevoc

Obviously the only normal response is to be pleased he had a great debut. How fecking bitter do you have to be to not care how a United player gets on on loan? And that’s without even getting into his homegrown, local lad status. So he obviously deserves a bit more goodwill than most. People are weird.
What happens if you dislike the team he is on loan to though?

On the one hand I want him to do well so West Ham or some other team buys him for a fee. On the other hand i don't like West Ham and don't like seeing them do well.

Quite the dilemma.

stevoc

Fanboying? By defending him against people attacking him? If you're going to do that on a United forum, surely you can't expect it to go unopposed?
Was he being attacked?

RedTiger

Half mast
What happens if you dislike the team he is on loan to though?

On the one hand I want him to do well so West Ham or some other team buys him for a fee. On the other hand i don't like West Ham and don't like seeing them do well.

Quite the dilemma.
If it makes it easier for you, try imagining West Ham keeping Liverpool out of the top 4 or Jesse scoring against City.

GifLord

Fanboying? By defending him against people attacking him? If you're going to do that on a United forum, surely you can't expect it to go unopposed?

This is how this debate started
A few years ago, when Lingard was young, somebody called him young. And for some reason, it's now become hilarious to keep repeating it.

Really, it's just a stick to beat him with.
Either you're living under a rock or just trolling at this point.
btw he was not young he was 25 going 26 i mean they were even calling him young at 27

edcunited1878

He never made more than 20 first team appearances in the Championship or Premier League until he was 22 with United. Appeared in 40 matches that year. This will be his 6th year of PL football and 10th year of senior football including his four, 1 year loan spells. For comparison's sake...Marcus Rashford is also in his 6th PL season and has played much more than Lingard in the PL without any loans.

He is what he is and a change of scenery should do him well. He had more than enough chances to make a claim for at least a squad place and part of the rotation the 4 months before Bruno came to the club, but he wasn't up for it. He had his spells under LVG and Jose, but nothing clicked for him under Ole. We've all seen his peak at United and whether or not he can replicate that and be consistent for any club is still to be determined.

Contracted to the club for another year through June 2022. Wish him well and he's done his part at United. He should probably be sold or move on if he's found consistent playing time, so win-win for both club and player.

Shark

@NotShark
Happy he got the two goals but it must be said, keeper had a howler for both of them.

stevoc

If it makes it easier for you, try imagining West Ham keeping Liverpool out of the top 4 or Jesse scoring against City.
I can handle West Ham taking points off City.

But i couldn't stomach West Ham and Moyes coming 4th (thankfully it won't happen).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Found his level.

It's funny that we've got VDB now looking every bit as useless as Lingard used to, as our squad player, and Lingard is performing better for another team.

Steven-UK

I hope he returns and becomes a useful squad player especially during cup games. He has the right work ethic but seems to have needed a change of environment.
Are you serious? He has literally been stealing a living, along with Phil Jones, and a few others...

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
I don’t really see the issue with blokes in their 40s calling a 26 year old young.

26 is young!

TrustInOle

Just seen the game, bitn of luck with both the goals, but if anyone deserved a break, it was him. Absolutely delighted for him, was constantly finding space and seemed to link fairly well with the other West Ham players for his first game.

Again, absolutely buzzing for him.

stevoc

I don’t really see the issue with blokes in their 40s calling a 26 year old young.

26 is young!
Yes a 26 year old guy is young, a 26 year old footballer isn't that young though. Not in the context it was said anyway.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
fecking Ole the PE teacher. Was meant to sell Jesse Lingard but accidentally sold his twin brother Messi Wingard.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Are you serious? He has literally been stealing a living, along with Phil Jones, and a few others...
He was pretty decent today. Both finishes weren’t world class (and the second goal had a good ounce of luck involved) but he made a few good runs and was generally more entrepreneurial in his attacking approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.