Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
Great performance totally ran the show . This is why we don't need Sancho when we have Jesse

Mcking

Best player on the pitch tonight. Finishing wasn't good, but everything went through him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Should be our 4th choice attacker, not James. At least until we bring someone in.

Kinda annoyed that we seem to be pushing Lingard and Smalling out when they're both better than others who will stay as relatively important pieces (4th choice attacker, starting CB).

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Few fouls won, few 1 vs 1 lost, but in the end he wasn't useless and that's good of him.

Tiber

Quite lively at the championship level. Shame about his shooting though

parkthebuslads

He was one of only a few players who wasn't moving around the pitch like a 40 year old in a charity match.

Dve

Looked like the one most likely to make things happen in the first half. A lot to desire about his shooting, but have done enough IMO to earn himself a place on the bench.

youngrell

Played with more confidence than a lot of last season but still lacking terribly in quality. Overall not bad but I don’t see any future improvement and we should still be looking to sell.

kundalini

Had some good moments, provided key passes for Mata's shots in the first half, but not sure where he fits in the squad now we've bought van de Beek. Unlucky with his shot from a tight angle that was cleared off the line.

drdoityourself

Played some of the best stuff I've seen from him in years. Yet when the others came on you see he's just not up to the task. Bad opposition but still there is that lack of end product. Floods the middle making the space van de Beek had to work in too small.

Just our squad composition is so bad, two failed/past it nr. 10s serving as backup wingers. At least, with an inverted winger the space should be there for a left back to get to the byline, but ours is right footed so most of that time he gets on the ball is wasted to turn on to his stronger foot.

Dve

Had some good moments, provided key passes for Mata's shots in the first half, but not sure where he fits in the squad now we've bought van de Beek. Unlucky with his shot from a tight angle that was cleared off the line.
Backup for both wings, I suppose, in competition with James.

starman

He definitely perked a few club's ears up tonight

The rumoured 30m for Jesse was surprising.... but maybe a club would pay it, I doubt it, but we shall see...

Chief123

He seemed to fit in and played well against a team that's at his level. He would be a star in the Championship.

manunited1919

Solskjaer summed him up perfectly...

“he’s got legs”
He is a runner, and that’s his best attribute as a footballer.

What Ole can’t say: Not the most intelligent passer, specially against the tight defenses we encounter in the EPL. Not the most technical player either, has difficulty controlling the ball under pressure.

But he regularly gets into good positions to shoot. I think today he had 2 or 3 shots, all were whoosh... air balls. You would think the opportunities he gets he could score 15 to 20 goals a season, but he wastes most good scoring opps.

MichaelRed

People saying he was amazing like he didn't just spend all game without playing a killer pass or putting in a decent shot. His running fools people time and again. The guy has no end product whatsoever.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ran around a lot, lost the ball a lot, shot and missed a lot.

red4ever 79

People saying he was amazing like he didn't just spend all game without playing a killer pass or putting in a decent shot. His running fools people time and again. The guy has no end product whatsoever.
People need to understand we were playing fecking LUTON. Jesus Christ this is Jessie's level and he still wasnt amazing. Still probably Ed is putting the ink on the contract extension as we speak, instead of signing a CB, RW and LB

It was the same as always with Jessie. Makes the right runs, knows what to do, just not quite good enough to pull it off. Against a team like Luton he gets a bit more time to try.

DCP

His best position would be in that position he played for England in the last World Cup. In a midfield 3 with Henderson and Ali. He isn’t creative enough to be a 10 but industrious enough to be a bit more b2b. Good movement, good off the ball, good link up play, just not enough quality to unlock defence.

Stretender

People need to understand we were playing fecking LUTON. Jesus Christ this is Jessie's level and he still wasnt amazing. Still probably Ed is putting the ink on the contract extension as we speak, instead of signing a CB, RW and LB
Spot on. We wonder why City and Liverpool are so far ahead of us yet we keep tolerating average players like Lingard to be our saviours.

Lets move away from this Sentimental FC rubbish and actually concentrate on buying quality players to improve the team.

Liverpool got rid of scouse born and bred Jon Flanagan because he wasn't going to take them anywhere, and they went on to build a top side that went on to win Champions league and premier league.

Lingard has been in that squad for 8 years now and am yet to see in him, a footballer fit enough to wear the United shirt.

Banana Republic

I agree he’s not good enough and should be shipped out, but that was a different Jesse Lingard last night.
His body language and demeanour has changed and he looked more serious and determined, even if the end result wasn’t good enough.
Has he finally grown up and realised it’s not a kid‘s playground and all just a laugh?
All too late for Jesse though, but I think Ole will be daft enough to keep him.

GMoore23

His end product will improve with more first team experience. Give the young lad a chance.

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
Last time I saw him play for United was quite a few months ago, and he didn’t look in the best shape... yesterday just catching a glimpse of him before the game even started he looked a lot fitter, looks to have worked on himself a little and for the 15-20 minutes I watched he looked a lot sharper than I’ve ever seen him play for you.

treble_winner

I agree he’s not good enough and should be shipped out, but that was a different Jesse Lingard last night.
His body language and demeanour has changed and he looked more serious and determined, even if the end result wasn’t good enough.
Has he finally grown up and realised it’s not a kid‘s playground and all just a laugh?
All too late for Jesse though, but I think Ole will be daft enough to keep him.
These thinkings are exactly what keep us being midtable right now: Sentimentality instead of tangible results.

Pace Abuser

I couldn't give a monkeys that Contract Renewal Lingard looks serious and lively. He is shit, has been shit for a long time and to my mind, has always been shit. Get rid of him.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Feel a bit sorry for the lad. Gets dogs abuse but you can tell he’s trying hard to turn his fortunes around. Really could have done with a goal or something last night but it was a good performance overall.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm surprised that people thought Lingard had a good game last night. His touch was way off, he was slow to move the ball and took far too many touches. He is, to my eyes, half the player that he was a couple of years ago. The Lingard who turned the Emirates into a dance floor would be shocked by the level of performance we saw yesterday. This is a player who was one of the few coming off an actual full preseason of training. Poor.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Physically that was the best I've seen from him in ages. He was carrying the ball really well, but I think he tried too hard to score himself at times he should have passed.

I can't blame him though as that's what everybody has wanted from him.

baby steps for Jesse but if he can perform like that at the premier league level he might not be completely washed up just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.