Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

troylocker

Very good performance yesterday!

He had his chance to make it here, but unfortunately he was never good enough for a Man United that wants to get back to winning trophies and would never be anything more than backup here. He played 210 matches for us, but didn't deliver enough endproduct here unfortunately. Bruno has delivered 29 goals and 20 assists (54 games) for us in his first year, Jesse delivered 33 goals and 20 assists in his 210 games for us in the same positions. Letting him go is the correct move for him and the club.

He's perfect for a midtable club.
Best of luck, Jesse!

Devil81

Perfect place for him really, he's a good player but being United went to his head and I think he might have been effected by what was being written on social media about him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Messi Lingard has scored more PL goals in 1 game than
Havertz in 18 games
Ziyech in 11 games
Pulisic in 14 games
Bale in 6 games
B Silva in 15 games.

1 more game and he will break KdB record.

We should get at least 50 million for him.

stevoc

How much can we get off him? He has a year left on his deal right? So Maybe 2m pounds?
I would hope even in this climate we would get more than £2m for him, he's an average player but we should still be able to get £5-8m for him hopefully.

Going off some of the recent £20m-£40m fee predictions for Lingard, i can only assume the business end of a few crack pipes were hot to the touch last night.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
I'm happy for Lingard. He was useful for us for a period, but it's alway been clear the guy is "just ok". Obviously not championship level as some people suggest, but he's comfortably mid table in my books. Kinda like Cleverley, Michael Keane etc. He'll do great in WestHam and can play at least 4 more years in the prem.

Also gotta add that his goals were extremely lucky. Keeper had a shocker, I believe 9/10 goalkeepers are saving both those shots comfortably. But they are going to be a confidence boost for him. Would be amazing to see good old Moyesey with Jesse in attack to actually string together a good run of form and knock out the scousers from top 4, wouln't it? :D

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lingard?

Jesus one decent game and it's like the last few years didn't happen. He's played loads of games on the right wing, he didn't do well there.
Sarcastic comment.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well happy for Jessie, getting his career back on track. Seems like a great guy, his goal won us the fa cup and it was some goal too. In the right team he has the ability to be an excellent player.

Falcow

Very good performance yesterday!

He had his chance to make it here, but unfortunately he was never good enough for a Man United that wants to get back to winning trophies and would never be anything more than backup here. He played 210 matches for us, but didn't deliver enough endproduct here unfortunately. Bruno has delivered 29 goals and 20 assists (54 games) for us in his first year, Jesse delivered 33 goals and 20 assists in his 210 games for us in the same positions. Letting him go is the correct move for him and the club.

He's perfect for a midtable club.
Best of luck, Jesse!
Agree with this though I would counter slightly by saying that Bruno is playing in a better team than Lingard did, in a lot of the games that Lingard played he had Pierrea, Mata, Fellaini, Schneiderlein etc around him. I'm not attempting to compare him to Bruno obviously but just to point out that there are some nuances in those stats.

Very best of luck to him anyway, I really hope he goes on to have an excellent few years wherever that might be.

L1nk

Even if he's not good enough for United you should still want him to do well so United can get a fee for him this summer.
That's the issue though, if he does well by his standards we won't see that as an opportunity to sell him, we'll take it as an opportunity to bring him back and play him because he's 'J-Lingz' even though he's confirmed multiple times he isn't good enough to play here.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
That's the issue though, if he does well by his standards we won't see that as an opportunity to sell him, we'll take it as an opportunity to bring him back and play him because he's 'J-Lingz' even though he's confirmed multiple times he isn't good enough to play here.
How on Earth do you know that and when has that ever happened?

Kag

Hysterical shite. He’s on loan because Ole no longer wants him at the club and because we are going to sell him in the summer. Like Sanchez. Like Smalling. Like Dalot, who will also be flogged.

Lingard doing well at West Ham is the perfect scenario. They’ll buy him for a fair fee given the one year he has left and he will (hopefully) enjoy his football again in a more realistic setting. Come back to this in October if you don’t believe me.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Alfie092

Happy for him! He is a player who would do well at a mid table team like West Ham and be a key player for them.

Providing he does well, we would probably get around £20m, £25m at a push for him, which isn't too bad in the current market. He is English which always add value, in his prime years, can play in a few different positions and will come with some marketing value.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
More goals from open play than KDB this season is a ridiculous statistic. I love it.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We must be the only fanbase that wants our players to do well just so we can sell them. The borderline hatred for Lingard on this forum is disgusting.

I fear who will be the new player the CAF likes to sh*t on once Lingard goes.

bsCallout

He is going to help West Ham get fourth ahead of Liverpool. Selfless, learning from our best ex-players like Gibson.

stevoc

Happy for him! He is a player who would do well at a mid table team like West Ham and be a key player for them.

Providing he does well, we would probably get around £20m, £25m at a push for him, which isn't too bad in the current market. He is English which always add value, in his prime years, can play in a few different positions and will come with some marketing value.
I suggest you adjust your expectations on the potential fee.

Those fees were bandied around for Darmian for years also, think we got £2m for him in the end. We'll get more for Lingard but it'll be closer to 2 than 25 million.

Robbie Boy

We must be the only fanbase that wants our players to do well just so we can sell them. The borderline hatred for Lingard on this forum is disgusting.
Well it's pretty clear he's being loaned out as he doesn't feature in Ole's plans. So people wanting him to do well so his value increases is fairly rational, no? It's not as though he's a 19/20 year old who's out on loan and we all want them to well so they might break into the first team when they come back. Players loaned out at his age generally means they're done at their parent club. Stop with the hysterics and drama.

stevoc

Huh?

Do other fanbases want their loan players to be failures so they get a lower fee?

Me too hold me.

bsCallout

How is that in anywah bizarre?

You want any United lad to do well, especially when you know they aren't good enough for United and getting a good fee is a nice bonus.

There are plenty of players already taken Lingards place for abuse, included McT.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

You want any United lad to do well, especially when you know they aren't good enough for United and getting a good fee is a nice bonus.

There are plenty of players already taken Lingards place for abuse, included McT.
Nowhere near as virulent though. Very questionable motives for some

DoomSlayer

I pray we get £10-15 million for Lingard in the summer, hopefully he keeps producing for West Ham so we can actually start selling players for decent prices.

One game indicates nothing though, let's see how it goes after 5 and 10 to judge this "resurgence".

Alfie092

I suggest you adjust your expectations on the potential fee.

Those fees were bandied around for Darmian for years also, think we got £2m for him in the end. We'll get more for Lingard but it'll be closer to 2 than 25 million.
There is definitely going to be more suiters for Lingard that is for sure and the fees I gave was providing he did well during his loan spell, which only would generate demand and competition for Lingard, not only amongst English clubs but abroad potentially. There is a decent player in Lingard unlike Darmian haha.

Yes I know we are bad when it comes to getting a decent fee for a player and the pandemic doesn't help that but at the very least even if we are getting £15 for him if he does well is still closer to my fee than £2m. If he ends up flopping then yes I agree we probably would get around £10m at best.

red4ever 79

Am I missing something with Lingard. I just watched his goals as I thought I would take a look and when he scores his first the commentator is like 'what a moment for Jessie after the difficult 12 months he has had'

Dont get me wrong I am happy for the young lad to play football and enjoy himself, but it seems to me like he gets a lot of love and sympathy from pundits/media despite the reality that he just isnt good enough for an elite club wanting to challenge at the top - which is not a great shame.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Huh?

Do other fanbases want their loan players to be failures so they get a lower fee?

Me too hold me.

It's more the fact that fans are now celebrating Jesse play well now he's gone, almost as if it's an empty praise.

If he did what he did against Villa, playing for us, there'd be people claiming "Oh he's done well tonight but still not good enough for us"

Whereas his performances last night were in the ilk of "Yeah go on Jesse, He's playing well!"

bsCallout

It's more the fact that fans are now celebrating Jesse play well now he's gone, almost as if it's an empty praise.

If he did what he did against Villa, playing for us, there'd be people claiming "Oh he's done well tonight but still not good enough for us"

Whereas his performances last night were in the ilk of "Yeah go on Jesse, He's playing well!"
Because that would be true. He isn't good enough for us and he will perform well at a smaller club and we hope he does.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Perfect place for him really, he's a good player but being United went to his head and I think he might have been effected by what was being written on social media about him.
Quite correct. He believed in his own publicity. Now he has a second chance so I hope that he has learnt from his mistakes.

Am I missing something with Lingard. I just watched his goals as I thought I would take a look and when he scores his first the commentator is like 'what a moment for Jessie after the difficult 12 months he has had'

Dont get me wrong I am happy for the young lad to play football and enjoy himself, but it seems to me like he gets a lot of love and sympathy from pundits/media despite the reality that he just isnt good enough for an elite club wanting to challenge at the top - which is not a great shame.
it’s just an obvious narrative to the story for the pundits and commentators to say. Nothing more than that.

he may not be good enough for us, but that’s the case for most players, and most clubs aren’t ‘elite clubs’. He’s always been good enough to be a starter in the PL for the majority of clubs in the league.

he’s also probably the most high profile transfer of the window - and he just scored 2 on his debut. Great news story.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Some bizarre views expressed in here.

Anyway, hope he does well and maybe a change of scenery (and a club with lesser expectation) is perfect for all parties.

Robbie Boy

Because that would be true. He isn't good enough for us and he will perform well at a smaller club and we hope he does.
He's clearly not good enough for us. He struck gold in that he got to play a hell of a lot of games for us due to our failings in the transfer market and constant change of manager/transition. Not his fault though, that we were a shambles in the transfer market for far too long. Thus, he remained here and got more games than he ever should have. Under Ole, we are thankfully looking far more competent in that department and look like we have an actual plan.

To be fair, he had some good moments and I genuinely thought he was becoming a valuable player during that infamous run he had under Jose. I've been a critic of his deficiencies and shortcomings but never cared about his social media stuff etc, and I'm not sure why anyone would care either. He's good enough to stay in the PL for sure, but he's not suddenly going to become super consistent and he'll remain fairly average. No great shame though, he had some great moments with us and not being good enough for a top club doesn't make you a terrible baller.

Best of luck to him on a personal level and from the perspective where he adds a few million to his sale value.

Robbie Boy

I still have absolutely no idea what you're getting at.

stevoc

There is definitely going to be more suiters for Lingard that is for sure and the fees I gave was providing he did well during his loan spell, which only would generate demand and competition for Lingard, not only amongst English clubs but abroad potentially. There is a decent player in Lingard unlike Darmian haha.

Yes I know we are bad when it comes to getting a decent fee for a player and the pandemic doesn't help that but at the very least even if we are getting £15 for him if he does well is still closer to my fee than £2m. If he ends up flopping then yes I agree we probably would get around £10m at best.
Nah mate given the pandemic all clubs are hurting financially, with his age and only 1 year left to run on his contract i think we'll do well to get £5-10m for him even if he does do well there. And i think that would be a fair fee for an academy player, given his service to the club we should let him go where he wants and not force him to go to the highest bidder.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

I assume they were referring to the fact that his Mum was ill and he had to care for his young brother and sister. I'm sure he did an interview about it too where he was feeling really down because of issues in his private life.

His career at United is over, but I would love him to go on and have a great career. He always tried hard for United, clearly loves the club, wasn't ever disrespectful or anything like that. He seems a good guy.

arnie_ni

yea, I used to be like you. Then I realized content matters more. I also realized that a lot of time is wasted in asking us to unnecessarily adhere to language and formatting rigor growing up. The longer in the tooth you get the more you realize that.

digression over. :lol:
Jumping in here, but if your post isn't in some half decent readable format, content won't matter because people won't read it.

I have no idea what your post was or how it looked and I haven't took the time to check.

stevoc

But he isn't good enough for United nothing has changed, they wouldn't be lying by stating facts.

Eh, yeah. Not sure what the problem is here mate.

Most of those praising him are the same cheer leading crowd who've been banging on about his world class movement for the last few years.

Kyonn

Don't think so. Ole has made it pretty clear Jesse has no future with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.