5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

We must be the only fanbase that wants our players to do well just so we can sell them. The borderline hatred for Lingard on this forum is disgusting.

I fear who will be the new player the CAF likes to sh*t on once Lingard goes.
Actually, most people are actually positive towards Lingard at the moment. It seems we want him to do well, there is a feeling of one of our own with him.

How many times have you been on the Perreira / Dalot page to see everyone wishing them well?

It is clear alot of fans want Lingard to do well secure a transfer to a club and continue to do well.

tenpoless

He scored two goals for West Ham. If he can be an important player for them then it's way better than not even getting into the bench for ManUnited. Simple.

OldTrevil

Happy that his loan got off to a good start and it would definitely be great seeing him making a good career for himself in his prime years. He'll always have that FA Cup winning goal and sitting down Pardew as a United highlight for me, and one can never forget milly rocking at the Emirates, to name a few of jlingz exploits

Robbie Boy

Actually, most people are actually positive towards Lingard at the moment. It seems we want him to do well, there is a feeling of one of our own with him.

How many times have you been on the Perreira / Dalot page to see everyone wishing them well?

It is clear alot of fans want Lingard to do well secure a transfer to a club and continue to do well.
But, but it's better to be hysterical and take umbrage and exception with absolutely everything. Seems the trend on here these days.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not sure why a West Ham player has a thread in the United player section, but he looked pretty good.

Maybe we should keep tabs and think about trying to sign him in the summer?
I think he's still quite young.

Red Devil's Advocate

It's more the fact that fans are now celebrating Jesse play well now he's gone, almost as if it's an empty praise.

If he did what he did against Villa, playing for us, there'd be people claiming "Oh he's done well tonight but still not good enough for us"

Whereas his performances last night were in the ilk of "Yeah go on Jesse, He's playing well!"
I agree with you. The bias on here is surreal and maybe most of our fans clamour for big name signings. He played really well except for the last 1.5 years when he suffered a blip and was on and off the squad and being selectively used in different roles instead of getting a proper run. I am happy for him anyways because he will do really well, wherever he goes, if not with us. He is a team player, has had a role in most of the goals while he was in the team, his work rate is top notch and he has the in-game ntelligence that most of our players have lacked over the years. It's highly controversial view but take out power from the shots and you will realize that Rashford is an inferior player on most of the occasions but scoring goals does give him the Attackers' aura in the perception game.

Matt851

I agree with you. The bias on here is surreal and maybe most of our fans clamour for big name signings. He played really well except for the last 1.5 years when he suffered a blip and was on and off the squad and being selectively used in different roles instead of getting a proper run. I am happy for him anyways because he will do really well, wherever he goes, if not with us. He is a team player, has had a role in most of the goals while he was in the team, his work rate is top notch and he has the in-game ntelligence that most of our players have lacked over the years. It's highly controversial view but take out power from the shots and you will realize that Rashford is an inferior player on most of the occasions but scoring goals does give him the Attackers' aura in the perception game.
Its contraversial in the sense that its utter bollocks

Its great jesse had a good gane the other day but he only ever scored over 4 goals in a pl season once and its the same for assists.

Frankly he never quite lived up to his initial promise and wasnt able to sustain good form for long enough to be a top level player

stevoc

A bit different to midweek , but similar to the last few years with us.
Disappointing hopefully he doesn't slip back into the form he's shown at United the last few years where he drifts through games largely anonymous and unable to affect the game.

We'll see, still confident West Ham or some team will be interested in the summer. A move where he can play regular football is the best thing for him right now in his career.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Man of the match again today... great to see. Knew the quality player was still there. Some players can't find their top level at a club like United with the pressure but also can't get that consistency to be useful squad players, and then look class at a smaller club in the same league. Funny how much confidence can impact someone.

Polar

Man of the match again today... great to see. Knew the quality player was still there. Some players can't find their top level at a club like United with the pressure but also can't get that consistency to be useful squad players, and then look class at a smaller club in the same league. Funny how much confidence can impact someone.
Happy for him. He eventually returns to United as a better or more confident player. Guess it’s up to him if he want to stay in West Ham or be a squad player at United.

Don’t mind having him as a squad player if he show a lot of progress in West Ham. Maybe we should replace him with VDB next season; send VDB to West Ham on a loan?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Keeps on reminding people, how good he can be.
Where would he play? Bruno's position? He is good enough to be a starter for s mid-table team. Not sitting on the bench at United.
He's 28 albeit a very young 28.
Best for his sake that he moves on.

How much can we get for him this summer based on his current performance projection?

Andrew Richmond

The guy has been a punching bag basically for a long time now and regardless of his future at United, I’m pleased for the guy getting some games under his belt and contributing. Really pleased for him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Where would he play? Bruno's position? He is good enough to be a starter for s mid-table team. Not sitting on the bench at United.
He's 28 albeit a very young 28.
Best for his sake that he moves on.

How much can we get for him this summer based on his current performance projection?
Backup for Bruno. His form for West Ham is clearly better than VDB for us. Makes one wonder why we spend 40m on VDB.

jem

Backup for Bruno. His form for West Ham is clearly better than VDB for us. Makes one wonder why we spend 40m on VDB.
Well one could argue that VDB's form for Ajax was better than what either he or Lingard has shown recently. It's never really that simple.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well one could argue that VDB's form for Ajax was better than what either he or Lingard has shown recently. It's never really that simple.
Sure, but Lingard is more “proven” in the league, well at least after he has left us anyway. Maybe once he return he will be shite again.

I don’t know what’s the point of spending big and buying VDB at all. He has offered nothing more than Lingard/Pereira has for us. But we wasted 40m, he is also on higher wages (reportedly 170k). Lingard is on 75k and pereira is on 35-50k I guess.

Imagine we didn’t spend on VDB, saved up 40m and adding more funds to buy Grealish next summer.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Can somebody explain how our second worst player (after Phil Jones) and universally recognized flop suddenly became a star of EPL that is propelling West Ham to top4? I can't stop laughing

NewGlory

Not sure why a West Ham player has a thread in the United player section, but he looked pretty good.

Maybe we should keep tabs and think about trying to sign him in the summer?
I think he's still quite young.
I can't tell if you are joking, but as for facts: Lingard isn't a "West Ham player". He is on loan there and still very much a United player.

rollingstoned1

As obvious as it sounds in hindsight it seems like he should have gotten this move a long time ago, at least as soon as both him and Pereira had stunk up.the joint and proved that they were never good enough to start or even reliably deputise for us in midfield. If he was sold at the right time then he would have fetched a pretty good price I reckon, he's far from one of those busted flushes we had/ have in our squad whom we would be lucky to get rid off.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Sure, but Lingard is more “proven” in the league, well at least after he has left us anyway. Maybe once he return he will be shite again.

I don’t know what’s the point of spending big and buying VDB at all. He has offered nothing more than Lingard/Pereira has for us. But we wasted 40m, he is also on higher wages (reportedly 170k). Lingard is on 75k and pereira is on 35-50k I guess.

Imagine we didn’t spend on VDB, saved up 40m and adding more funds to buy Grealish next summer.
I suspect DVB was bought for the future. We are currently at our best as a counter-attacking team, probably one of the best in the world.
DVB comes from a possession-based style of play/system. I am guessing that Ole wants the team to have the ability to play both approaches in the near future.

Donnie may be for the future -- but in the meantime, he has to learn to play to a faster approach for our current abilities.

NewGlory

I suspect DVB was bought for the future. We are currently at our best as a counter-attacking team, probably one of the best in the world.
DVB comes from a possession-based style of play/system. I am guessing that Ole wants the team to have the ability to play both approaches in the near future.

Donnie may be for the future -- but in the meantime, he has to learn to play to a faster approach for our current abilities.
+1

Donnie has a huge potential. It is surprising he is taking so long to break out for us, but buying him was definitely a smart move and Jesse should have been moved (at least on loan) sooner.

I think we will see very good DvB in the future. He has it in him and Ole is the right manager to get it out of him. Case in point: Dan James. We were ready to write James off, after a horrible spell but Ole stuck with him and Dan seems to be having a wonderful comeback. Maybe Donnie needs to get there as well

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The thing about DVB is that he isnt just Lingard or Andrea's Pereira - he has the ability to play both Lingard and Pereira's game. All in one player he can play the better version of those 2 players.

The Lingard or the Rematador - VDB can sense the open spaces around him and moves there either to score a goal or to play passes with each other. Currently this doesnt work because no one picks out his runs.

The Pereira or the transitional midfielder - plays quick short passes almost in a one two to transition the ball up the field quickly - this is why he looks like he can dictate our play but he cant; he is more a player that plays passes to each other whilst he moves to the space in front to receive the ball and pass to someone again.

VDB will be better than Lingard and Pereira if they play to his strengths. As others have said I think he requires specific players around him, like a proper CDM because everytime he moves from a position- he leaves our midfield open.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can somebody explain how our second worst player (after Phil Jones) and universally recognized flop suddenly became a star of EPL that is propelling West Ham to top4? I can't stop laughing
It's like Smalling. It's criticism that went overboard and turned into a meme unjustly. Hes a good player who was in a bad space, lost all confidence and never had a role that he could show his true ability. Even if that best ability isn't good enough to be a key player at United, some players still need the platform to show their best form. He wouldn't be as good at United as a squad player as he's happy knowing he's a key player. Same with Smalling at Roma. Uncertainty/lack of trust in him leads to questionable performances. Pure trust/being the new signing leads to better performances.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Our second worst player and universally recognised flop? I think you just made that up to suit your argument so you could laugh about it.

Anyway pretty good goal from Lingers this morning, watched the highlights he had a pretty good performance. Likes to exist in the spaces, not sure why he couldn't theoretically come back and do it for United next season if we don't sell him.

meamth

Some players have the ability but not the mentality to play at the biggest team in the world.

Gurtej

I think best for us is that he has a good season......We get decent money $20m ono...for him next season......and he moves on...

He will never be good enough for United and we need to stop accepting mediocracy ..

Number32

West Ham have been challenging top 4 this season with or without him, you just can't erase their good performances in the 1st half of the season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lingard is very good player when he gets the space. His link up play is also good. Teams don't park the bus against West Ham, he gets good enough space.

Tbh I didn't think he will be this good for West Ham. People laughed at him when he rejected Sheffield United.

Hopefully there will be many clubs interested in him in the summer.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's been excellent for them. That contract extension now doesn't look too bad! Might get us around 25m for him this summer which will be great.

He's been the architect of some of our best moments post-Fergie, Good luck to him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

This is what I don’t quite understand. What I see VDB is good at if we play one touch football, as he tends to release the ball quickly and seems not really good at carrying the ball. But isn’t this what counter attack is all about? One touch football, quickly release it for counter attack? He seems poor at carrying the ball, which would be odd if we switch it to possession football.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Lingard is very good player when he gets the space. His link up play is also good. Teams don't park the bus against West Ham, he gets good enough space.

Tbh I didn't think he will be this good for West Ham. People laughed at him when he rejected Sheffield United.

For sure many mid table club would be looking to sign him. I mean he is always good at running and pressing, which would suit most mid table team. Now that he has shown he could also score goals. surely there would be lots of interest in him?

Listar

This.

As much I like Lingard and thank him for his services I would still prefer Donnie.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think best for us is that he has a good season......We get decent money $20m ono...for him next season......and he moves on...

He will never be good enough for United and we need to stop accepting mediocracy ..
Right. How much do ya reckon we could get for the melting “iceman”?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can't tell if you are joking, but as for facts: Lingard isn't a "West Ham player". He is on loan there and still very much a United player.
You can't tell if I'm joking, when I refer him to as young, and we should try and sign him :lol::wenger:

SeanyC

Swap deal with him and Rice and I’d say that’s pretty good business

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
When Berbatov went to Fulham, he smashed it, scoring 15 goals for the season in premier league. He also was great for Monaco.
This is what happens when you go somewhere and become the main man. He wasn’t happy to be a sporadic player and moved on. Wasn’t going to work if he came back here.

Lingard is the same case. Won’t be happy as sporadic player, so he moves on.
After a good performance for West Ham, this thread is full of overreactions.

Trust me, if he comes back, after one anonymous performance, all of you lot who are praising him, will want him out asap.

The lad found his place - a midtable team that overachieves once in a while.

Get over it, Lingard is done, had a shot at a top team. Did well enough at some point. Now it’s time for him to finish his 4-5 footballing years left on a positive note.

Status
Not open for further replies.