5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

Sure, but Lingard is more “proven” in the league, well at least after he has left us anyway. Maybe once he return he will be shite again.

I don’t know what’s the point of spending big and buying VDB at all. He has offered nothing more than Lingard/Pereira has for us. But we wasted 40m, he is also on higher wages (reportedly 170k). Lingard is on 75k and pereira is on 35-50k I guess.

Imagine we didn’t spend on VDB, saved up 40m and adding more funds to buy Grealish next summer.
I agree that it’s weird we bought VDB when Ole seems reluctant to use him. I do feel there is a good player in there, though.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Don't want to get too much into the Lingard - DvB discussion which has developped here, but I actually think those two could have a good understanding if played together on a regular basis.

Both not really players for Ole who looks for different attributes.

Lappen

Jesse. What should we do about you! What a goal and what a performance on this loan deal.

I'm really happy for him, but its still time to move on I guess. Wouldn't be surprise if we sign a five year contract to increase his value, and then don't play him. Everybody thinks he is to expensive, and we are stuck with another player the manager don't trust...
Hopefully he wants a move this summer and we get a chunk of money to spend.

stevoc

IncyWincySpider

Having Lingard back would be almost as good as signing a brand new player! (If that new player was VDB).

DiMaria

A world class goal, an assist, and some great skill in the other goal. At this his rate if he doesn’t win epl player of the year then it’s pure robbery :lol:

Last edited:

Schneckerl

Crazy how much his production improved. Wish him well

Lingard's EPL stats:
18/19 & 19/20: 5 goals, 2 assists in 2602 minutes (0,24 goals & assists per 90 min)
20/21: 6 goals, 3 assists in 709 minutes (1,14 g&a/90 min)

Raven

Just watched the highlights of the West Ham and Wolves match, what a player he looks at West Ham!

Bogga

I'm really glad he's playing well and looking happy! But he doesn't seem to fit good in our system and I hope West Ham wants him so he can keep being happy and at the same time generate us some money for transfers...

TheReligion

Abusive
Was a good move by the club to loan him out. It's clearly an opportunity for Lingard to play his way into the England fold and earn a new contract at United. This seems to have lit a fire under him.

Whatever we decide to do in the summer its win win. Either we move him on for a fee or reintegrate him back into the squad and see how he gets on.

Fantastic to see another academy player bossing the PL.

snk123

I'm really glad he's playing well and looking happy! But he doesn't seem to fit good in our system and I hope West Ham wants him so he can keep being happy and at the same time generate us some money for transfers...
Maybe its because we dont really have a system yet? All our forwards look lost more often than not in our system - then they go somewhere else and find their form

snk123

For those who haven’t seen the performance. This is outrageous. The solo goal, the berbatov turn, the messi like assist. Lingardinho! :lol:

Bobski

Delighted to see him do well, like most of our scapegoats over the years he is a much better player than Utd fans give him credit for. Having said that I think it would be in his best interests to use this showcasing to move on from Utd, Arsenal or Spurs would be a good club for him.

The goal last night was well taken but fairly simple, runs directly with the ball, one run from Antonio takes out 2 defenders giving Lingard a simple shift to the left for a one on one with the keeper. Bit of a let down after the the hype around it.

MiracleInMadrid

Can't recall that we've ever been in a better position to sell a player. Right now he is the main man for West Ham offensively. They are in a CL spot at the moment, and will most likely achieve qualification to either CL or EL next season, so it is fair to assume that they have the required capital to acquire him, and they will also have to bolster their team and keep their best players in order to build on the season they are having.

In addition, other subtop teams must be eyeing him as a potential target.

We absolutely have to cash in big this time.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Another two goals. First was a beauty as well. Cannot believe how well he is playing. Made his first PL start on 3rd of February this year and has since gone on to get more goals for the season than Mane, Firmino, Werner & De Bruyne (and Martial too, tbf).

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Alemar

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Doracle

Hopefully just posturing from WH to try and get the price down. If not, there must be others who would be keen to take him on. We really can’t miss out on the £15 - £20 million we can hopefully get for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.