4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincantona

When people in a fan forum cannot rejoice in the simple fact of a player who plays for their team and emerged from their youth academy doing well for his country and deride him at the slightest opportunity, that's when I doubt their attachment to the club as well.

They cannot be United supporters, they are simply morons.
What a ridiculous thing to say. Read my comment again before questioning whether or not I’m a supporter and calling names like a ten year old. Fan forums are for reasoned discussion discussion...if you want to pat Lingard on the back the more appropriate medium is to follow his Instagram.

I said nothing about the lads performance for England. Fair play to him...doesnt come into my consideration at all as I have seen enough of him in a Utd shirt to make a reasoned judgement on whether or not he deserves to be given playing time ahead of other players. Those players have not been given the same opportunities Lingard has been given. Lingard has failed time and time again to take advantage of those opportunities and no one on this board can say otherwise with a straight face.

I’m commenting on a general belief that the club have spent large sums of money on young talent and revamping the academy. Some of that talent could well us the few minutes Lingard and others will be given this season. Amad, Elanga, Pellistri, Hannibal, Shoretire...could all handle the 10 or 15 minute cameos that Lingard is looking at getting in this squad but some of those players have been loaned out etc. in favour of giving Lingard anothe chance. I don’t rate Lingard and don’t think he should be given a chance...somehow that makes me a moron and not a true Utd fan? Get a grip!

The irony is that you were probably the type that was kicking yourself when Gomes was moved on or when Pogba was let go for free. Yet you don’t join the dots and ask yourself why that happened

Alemar

Which is what loans are for
Not with top talent, the very best youngsters start to play for their senior teams at a very young age.

We did it only with Greenwood - over the last I don’t know how many years he was the only youngster who got significant playing time here. Previous example was Rashford

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Not with top talent, the very best youngsters start to play for their senior teams at a very young age.

We did it only with Greenwood - over the last I don’t know how many years he was the only youngster who got significant playing time here. Previous example was Rashford
Greenwood I’ll give you but he was exceptional at every level. Rashford had a bit of fortune on his hand, every other person above him was injured but to be fair to him he took his chance.

but clearly we aren’t going to Chuck inexperienced young players into a season where there is more pressure than ever to keep progressing and even win something. The best they can hope for is bench time and that will be it barring circumstances like Rashford had

devips

What a ridiculous thing to say. Read my comment again before questioning whether or not I’m a supporter and calling names like a ten year old. Fan forums are for reasoned discussion discussion...if you want to pat Lingard on the back the more appropriate medium is to follow his Instagram.

I said nothing about the lads performance for England. Fair play to him...doesnt come into my consideration at all as I have seen enough of him in a Utd shirt to make a reasoned judgement on whether or not he deserves to be given playing time ahead of other players. Those players have not been given the same opportunities Lingard has been given. Lingard has failed time and time again to take advantage of those opportunities and no one on this board can say otherwise with a straight face.

I’m commenting on a general belief that the club have spent large sums of money on young talent and revamping the academy. Some of that talent could well us the few minutes Lingard and others will be given this season. Amad, Elanga, Pellistri, Hannibal, Shoretire...could all handle the 10 or 15 minute cameos that Lingard is looking at getting in this squad but some of those players have been loaned out etc. in favour of giving Lingard anothe chance. I don’t rate Lingard and don’t think he should be given a chance...somehow that makes me a moron and not a true Utd fan? Get a grip!

The irony is that you were probably the type that was kicking yourself when Gomes was moved on or when Pogba was let go for free. Yet you don’t join the dots and ask yourself why that happened
Funny how you went away at a tangent replying to my post, when all I wanted to know was simple:

Isn't it moronic for a United fan to not be able to rejoice in the good deeds of a United player who has been in the club since his Academy days? Whether you like him personally or not is irrelevant.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
According to Hirst we offered him a new contract and he rejected it due to concerns about playing time.

Tony247

Then he should have left in the summer!

I don't see he is replacing any striker or any attacking midfielder for starting position.

FerociousCorgis

if we offered him a new contract just goes to show some things never change. What the hell would be the point of it?

Jibbs

I would start him along with Ronaldo and Cavani/Greenwood as front 3.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
We really ought to have tried selling him and he really should have left for playing time.

We could have used the cash for a midfielder and the squad would be near perfect.

Conor

He has 100% decided to stay for a year because Ronaldo is here, and leave on a free to get a similar wage to his ridiculous current one.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
fecking run down his contract. Play him in the reserves. Let him leave for free. One less headache to worry about. No one will pay what we are asking for him anyways. The most we can get is £10-12m. That loss isn’t going to bring down this club. We were idiots to ask £25m for him. Should have taken £12-15m and gotten him out this summer.

hobbers

I knew the club was that stupid. Absolute morons deciding on our player contracts and give them out like candy. "Protect the value". Yeah the 1 year extension already did a great job protecting Lingard's value didn't it? And now you make the exact same mistake again. Brain dead.

And Lingard rejected it :lol: Idiocy upon idiocy. He'll not get half as good an offer from anywhere else.

Kaos

Stupid yet utterly predictable the club offered him a new contract. Luckily, he was equally stupid enough to reject it.

gorky_utd

He just wants to leave for free so he can get a good contract offer elsewhere. That is why he rejected west ham.

mu4c_20le

He doesn't want to warm the bench and wants reassurances of playing time, fair enough. Donny should take note.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
And he rejected West Ham :lol:
Of course. He probably thinks, with no transfer fee to pay, other bigger clubs might want a crack at him. He'll also be able to pocket the signing on fee in those circumstances too. Lingard is actually making the sensible decision for himself economically.

James35

I'm glad. He definitely should have gone this summer and I really don't want him to stay any longer than this season. I'm sure we could have sold him for less than what we valued him at so it's the clubs fault if he leaves on a free, which of course will be more lucrative for him.

He won't be missed on the pitch though. Rather give his minutes to other players.

hobbers

If we're thick enough to offer him a contract once we're thick enough to come back with an improved offer.

He'll not get any decent offers in January, panic and snap up whatever improved offer we've been stupid enough to put to him by then.

Then we'll try and sell him next summer with his wages bumped up to £120k/week. :lol:

Bird Nerd

So Jesse rejected a new contract offer. he finally did us a solid by rejecting it. Let him go for a free since we were so thick as to not sell him (if he was agreeable) in the off season. He won't be missed.

Tony247

Just watched Bruno for portugal. He managed to run the show even with many wasteful portuguese players around him.

Does someone really think Jesse can be Bruno's replacement for a few games! Has he ever played #10?

mu4c_20le

Just watched Bruno for portugal. He managed to run the show even with many wasteful portuguese players around him.

Does someone really think Jesse can be Bruno's replacement for a few games! Has he ever played #10?
Don't be fooled by his young face, Jesse has been doing it long before Bruno. At his peak, he was scoring in cup finals when Bruno was getting his arse kicked by the hardcore section of Sporting fans for poor performance.

Dve

No. But he might get some game time on the left while Rashford is still out.

devips

Fortunately technical people such as coaches understand a player's worth more than fan forum morons.

It tickles me to see Lingard turning down club's extension proposal than vice versa!

Keep up the good work, JLingz!!!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Fortunately technical people such as coaches understand a player's worth more than fan forum morons.

It tickles me to see Lingard turning down club's extension proposal than vice versa!

Are you related to Lingard or something? 90% of your posts are about him.

stevoc

So that would include you then?

Mickson

fecking run down his contract. Play him in the reserves. Let him leave for free. One less headache to worry about. No one will pay what we are asking for him anyways. The most we can get is £10-12m. That loss isn’t going to bring down this club. We were idiots to ask £25m for him. Should have taken £12-15m and gotten him out this summer.
This. Such a stupid, braindead decision yet again that you actually can't believe it's true.

hobbers

Yeah thank god Carrick and McKenna got those degrees in economics from the university of football manager.

Giggsyking

Carrick graduated from Harvard university with a master degree in football science.

captaincantona

Now I see the type of poster you are I completely regret wasting one of my precious 5 newbie posts a day responding to your nonsense...”JLingz”...??? Jesus wept!

now what to do with my last post?

Status
Not open for further replies.