Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It's been 4 years since he had any consistent run of form for us but yeah why not give him another chance.
:lol: :lol:. Exactly that. It is the same story as with Jones. All he needs to do is a few good games and "good backup option" shit starts. Same story among fans over and over and over again.

welshwingwizard

We can't get 20 mil now (after he had decent season). How the hell we will get that next year after he will play 20 games max and be year older and on (i guess) on even bigger contract?

Sell him for whatever price or keep him and release him next year. But new contract would be disaster
The assumption is that the new contract would be for more money. But in reality he would likely be offered terms of a squad role as opposed to first team salary he previously had.

In that sense it wouldn't be a bad idea. He is currently better than vdb, mata and James (ignoring amad and pellestri) and the natural back up to Bruno. So if we are going on performances it would be a rationale thing unless we have other plans.

It depends on him accepting a salary reduction and bench time to stay.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Thought the last contract he signed with us he was on £100k per week. Shows you what I know.
To be honest I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure!!
I think the 100k figure was achieved through bonuses, but he has a 75k basic.
Still not shoddy either way :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I'd take my chances on Amad over Jesse in more games this upcoming season, he brings a different style.

Realistically having Jesse and Dan James is pretty much the same player, who play better counting attacking football than against teams with two banks of four defending. So for me it's either one of them who needs to leave. Jesse can fetch more money after his stint at WH. It's time to get rid.
Yeah I get that chain of thought, if someone puts in a £20m plus bid then I'm sure we'd take it.
However, if he stays I have no issue at all with that.
Currently Lingard is a better player than Amad and has proved he can still provide in the premiership.

OverratedOpinion

I reckon West Ham are negotiating really hard to get the best price possible. United are in a pretty strong position because Ole would probably happily keep him, regardless of his previous issue with form he clearly loves United and would be very unlikely to grumble at being kept as backup.

I think if we sell him it will be for a good fee.

L1nk

This. I don't get the idiotic Lingard haters here.
God do you not have your eyes open when watching United, or do you only care that he's a local lad so you can't say anything against him, he had a purple patch in the 17-18 campaign and that's pretty much the only highlight of his entire career with us, multiple seasons of bang average performances and we should reward him with a new contract and play him, why? The only reason i can think of is he's from the academy, that's the only legitimate reason i can give for people to defend this man, yes, man, 28 year old man, not up and coming youngster of 22 years of age.

This guy is an attacking midfielder who has less assists than Adam Johnson and Adam Johnson has spent half that time in prison, please get rid of this guy, so damn average.

OverratedOpinion

This. I don't get the idiotic Lingard haters here.
I don't think anyone hates him personally, I think people hate the idea that his form could return to what it was for over half his time at United ("over half" is very generous) which was unfortunately very, very poor.

Fooza

Anyone surprised he isn't pushing for a move? (or anything in the media about it)

You'd think he'll know if he's on the bench mostly, he's nowhere going to be in the England squad for the WC. Playing first team football will be his best chance.

Bondi77

On the form he displayed for West Ham he is our best back up to Bruno and maybe he is hitting his peak now.
I am cool with him getting a new deal if his form this season warrants it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
To be honest I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure!!
I think the 100k figure was achieved through bonuses, but he has a 75k basic.
Still not shoddy either way :lol:
Yeah, not shoddy at all :lol:

I'd sell if we could get a good price, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if he remained as a squad option even though that wouldn't be my preference. I think he's had more chances than most (except Phil Jones :lol:) here at United and it would be in both his, and the clubs best interest if he moved on.

MattofManchester

Since he seems to be staying, I feel he'd be a better back-up for the left side.
A better player than James, but his complete lack of creative output in the middle makes him stand out there.

Best period at the club came from playing on the left as well.

Levenstein

I could see him play the odd league cup game but I really dont see how he starts above any of Bruno, Pogba, Van De Beek, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood or James. Or hell even McTominay. He'd be about 4th choice in any position he can play and would be taking game time from Amad and other youth prospects that have some prospect of potentially being good enough to make our bench which is more than can be said of Lingard. His primary strength has been his workrate and how much he ran and he's 28. Just sell him.
As much as I’ve seen in one year he is definately better than Van de Beek and James. And hell even McTominay. Do you look players positions also or want to compare him next to De Gea or Heaton?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
About time we got rid. Just like how Kagawa and Nani were gotten rid of to make way for him, he needs to be gone for the likes of Diallo to get a chance. He's had a go, earned a lot from the last few years and has disappointed for a number of years. Only fair to make way for new blood.

arthurka

We have far too many mediocre players on the payroll. We need to stop to be sentimental regarding these guys. Sell him and get some money for him now. Pereira, Dalot, Matic, Jones and Lingard should all be moved away this summer.

passing-wind

Jessie will get flushed out for minutes especially in the midfield. If Solskjaer truly is going to a 3 man midfield with no diamond Lingard will not get game time.

kidbob

Jesse is going to have a great season for whoever he plays for. Not enough is made of the off field issues he went through. I'd much rather keep him than someone like VDB, who never wanted to be here in the first place.

United in sin

I'd love to see him link up with Sancho when he gets the chance this season. I think Lingard should be backing up Bruno this season.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Nothing against him but we need to take our chance and get a few bucks for him now and get him off the wage bill.
On another note I am also for cashing in on Pogba.
We need to act meaningful from a financial point of view and make the right decisions, times have changed.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Have people in this thread lost their minds? There’s absolutely no way we should be keeping him. I mean look at the hate Martial gets in his thread compared to this one despite the fact Martial is levels above Lingard. Sell while we can.

BlackBen

Sell him whilst his stock is high. Lingard’s time here is done. Moving on will be best for both parties.

Kostov

If he has any sort of sense, he should be pushing for an exit. I mean he had a great loan spell at West Ham, revived his "form" or whatever it was, showed PL clubs he can do a job and should be looking for a 5 year PL contract as his last good pay off. I just hope he chooses the right club for himself and does well.

stevoc

Jesse is going to have a great season for whoever he plays for. Not enough is made of the off field issues he went through. I'd much rather keep him than someone like VDB, who never wanted to be here in the first place.
VDB had a bad season but he's young, talented and could still be a good player for us. That's 3 things going for him that Lingard doesn't have.

mu4c_20le

If he has any sort of sense, he should be pushing for an exit. I mean he had a great loan spell at West Ham, revived his "form" or whatever it was, showed PL clubs he can do a job and should be looking for a 5 year PL contract as his last good pay off. I just hope he chooses the right club for himself and does well.
No club is going to offer him a better contract than us though. And if he can take Dvb's place then it makes perfect sense for him to stay.

hungrywing

Anyone surprised he isn't pushing for a move? (or anything in the media about it)

You'd think he'll know if he's on the bench mostly, he's nowhere going to be in the England squad for the WC. Playing first team football will be his best chance.
People with his personality type will usually be thinking 'my time at West Ham proved I can hang at United if I just get the chance'.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
133 games in PL for us. 18 goals and 12 assists. That is one assist in every 11 games (excellent stat for no10) and goal in every 7.5 games. Yeah, worth keeping him.

Bloody hell, how many years and games people need to understand that he is not good enough?

Scottynaldinho

Clear to see that the guy is a late boomer like Vardy. The joke around here that he's still developing might actually be the case. Not that I'm saying he shouldn't be sold.

lsd

The Oracle
Wouldn't be against him staying especially if Pogba leaves

littleman

I think given his contract, he should leave or it'd have us in a weird contract negotiation phase.

I'd love to see him and Martial try to squeeze out Rashford, Cavani, Sancho and Greenwood from the starting lineup.

Giggsyking

Sell ffs, we never learn. Like they never saw how Sir Alex was ruthless.

Blood Mage

He was very good for West Ham but I think it was mostly the result of big fish in small pond syndrome. I don't have any expectations that he'll suddenly become a consistent performer for us.

stevoc

He was very good for West Ham but I think it was mostly the result of big fish in small pond syndrome. I don't have any expectations that he'll suddenly become a consistent performer for us.
You can say lots of things about Jesse, some good and some bad. But one thing he has never displayed in his career to date is consistency, so I doubt he will ever be a consistent performer for anyone. Even during his loan at West Ham his good form waned towards the end.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Is this one of those body language things?

Møllemanden

Some relationships just runs its course. This one should have ended a long time ago. The antics and horrible form has gone on for waaaaay to long. Everyone goes through rough patches in life, but you can't be sentimental in this line of work. Ship him out - our squad is far to big anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.