Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It's embarrassing he's still at the club. He's been shambolic both on and off the pitch and should have been moved on years ago.

This also indicates a serious lack of leaders in the dressing room. Someone should be pulling him and asking what the feck he's doing but Maguire is not that guy.
Maguire is probably high fiving him and having a good old chuckle with JLingz

TheGame

Lukaku left out of the squad today for speaking to the media. Not sure Lingard should really be featuring for us again considering there is no long term future. Give his slot to someone else.

devips

WTF! What has Lingard done now to merit such outrage from Cafe? :devil:

Is he not playing well? Has he refused to come off the bench during a match, even if asked by the coach?

Has he given any Lukaku like interview to the press recently?

united for life

Poor guy. Now elanga is getting more game time. I genuinely believe he would be a good player to rotate with. Clearly out of favor at the moment. If I were him, i’d look eksewhere

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Poor guy. Now elanga is getting more game time. I genuinely believe he would be a good player to rotate with. Clearly out of favor at the moment. If I were him, i’d look eksewhere
Ralf wants players that are committed and will be at the club in the future. Lingard has turned down contract offers and refused moves elsewhere. Only has himself to blame for being on the bench.

red4ever 79

He's out of favour because he is leaving and rightly so. The cb at Chelsea isn't getting played either as he won't sign a contract. Shouldn't even be on the bench

united for life

He's out of favour because he is leaving and rightly so. The cb at Chelsea isn't getting played either as he won't sign a contract. Shouldn't even be on the bench
Ralf wants players that are committed and will be at the club in the future. Lingard has turned down contract offers and refused moves elsewhere. Only has himself to blame for being on the bench.
which CB? Rudiger? He is playing.

What came first? The egg or the chicken? He isn’t getting any chances, that’s why he wants to leave. After a superb spell at westham, i expected to see more of him…

Based Adnan

Proved himself not good enough over the course of 222 appearances. Should have been moved on years ago.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
This snake has poisoned the players and the club from within. The sooner lingard and his trash underwear brand is chucked out of the club the better.

lex talionis

Drop the child from matchday squads altogether and make him train on his own. If another club wants him now, let him walk now on a free.

Kag

This snake has poisoned the players and the club from within. The sooner lingard and his trash underwear brand is chucked out of the club the better.
Classic Lingard, this. Everyone would be much better off if he were to give this football thing up and create a YouTube account in order to scream beans down the phone and make funny gestures with his hands. Twerp.

-Supreme-

Who else in our squad have setup their own brands, Rashford and pogba?

Ixion

Blame Ole not Lingard. We could have gotten a good fee for him but kept him and made him sit on the bench for a year, I'd be disgruntled too.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Blame Ole not Lingard. We could have gotten a good fee for him but kept him and made him sit on the bench for a year, I'd be disgruntled too.
He's got no one to blame but himself, he's taken no responsibility for his career barring a 6-month loan spell. People need to stop making excuses for him, he turned down a new contract despite staying. He's eyeing up a big, fat signing bonus next summer when he's a free agent, it's clear as day. West Ham knew they were getting their man for free which is why they never made an official bid for him.

IrishRedDevil

Refused to go to West Ham for £20m, where he would have got regular football, now the bang average 29 year old wants to take minutes off the more talented 20 year old Greenwood.

Piece of shit.

DomM

I have never thought of Lingard being a particularly good player, he doesn't really have a position, he's just average at most things with the occasional good display, really surprised we didn't sell him years ago.

Keeping players like him is one of the reasons we are in such a mess, mediocrity gets you nowhere.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Just for a reminder... This is the man who, for his boyhood club and the club thats paid him a very good wage and has stuck by him, scored against West Ham and had to be forced to celebrate. He had to be forced to celebrate a goal that he had scored for the club he's been at all his life.

Ixion

Just for a reminder... This is the man who, for his boyhood club and the club thats paid him a very good wage and has stuck by him, scored against West Ham and had to be forced to celebrate. He had to be forced to celebrate a goal that he had scored for the club he's been at all his life.
Of all the things to have a go at him for. Give over.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Of all the things to have a go at him for. Give over.
Behind every action is a thought. Every single action, or word spoken, shows the thought process behind the person. Based on that, we can definitely assume Man Utd isn't at the top of his priority list.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Who else in our squad have setup their own brands, Rashford and pogba?

This is why we are nowhere near competing let alone winning silverware. This is a modern take on the dippers coming out in white suites in the 90's.

These are not players that can compete at the highest level, they are at best good enough for midtable or if they're lucky top 6.

stevoc

He didn't.

Moyes approached Ole and Ole turned Moyes down saying he wanted to keep JLingz on.
Yes because when trying to sell a player he should have said ''Hi Dave yeah I'm looking rid of Jesse ASAP, whatever you guys can afford would be great''

Stacks

This is why we are nowhere near competing let alone winning silverware. This is a modern take on the dippers coming out in white suites in the 90's.

These are not players that can compete at the highest level, they are at best good enough for midtable or if they're lucky top 6.
aren't they at a school? this is a whole lot of nothing

Marwood

Yes because when trying to sell a player he should have said ''Hi Dave yeah I'm looking rid of Jesse ASAP, whatever you guys can afford would be great''
Ole publically said he wanted Lingard to sign a new contract. He wasn't trying to sell him.

stevoc

Ole publically said he wanted Lingard to sign a new contract.
Yeah I'm sure he did so he could ask for more when we tried to sell him. Solskjaer will have known if Lingard was still here after the window closed the only way United were ever getting a fee for Lingard was if his contract wasn't running out in a few months. And we see that playing out now, can't even get a game under Rangnick yet still determined to stay and 'fight for his place'. Yeah he showed plenty of fight against Young Boys the other week.

If anyone really believes Solskjaer wanted Lingard to stay and was telling him privately he could get into this team. Then I have a wonderful investment opportunity for them with a very nice Nigerian Prince.

He wasn't trying to sell him.
Yeah managers often barely play a player for a calendar year and then loan them out for 6 months when they aren't trying to sell them.

Marwood

Yeah I'm sure he did so he could ask for more when we tried to sell him. Solskjaer will have known if Lingard was still here after the window closed the only way United were ever getting a fee for Lingard was if his contract wasn't running out in a few months. And we see that playing out now, can't even get a game under Rangnick yet still determined to stay and 'fight for his place'. Yeah he showed plenty of fight against Young Boys the other week.

If anyone really believes Solskjaer wanted Lingard to stay and was telling him privately he could get into this team. Then I have a wonderful investment opportunity for them with a very nice Nigerian Prince.

Yeah managers often barely play a player for a calendar year and then loan them out for 6 months when they aren't trying to sell them.
Yeah maybe part of the motivation to give him a new contract was to ensure a fee in the future. But a manager also knows once he gives that contract at United it's hard to shift them on.

Or maybe he genuinely wanted him to stay. Remember this is Ole who gave Mata and Matic contracts knowing they'd barely play. Brought Henderson back rather than sell.

stevoc

Yeah maybe part of the motivation to give him a new contract was to ensure a fee in the future. But a manager also knows once he gives that contract at United it's hard to shift them on.

Or maybe he genuinely wanted him to stay. Remember this is Ole who gave Mata and Matic contracts knowing they'd barely play. Brought Henderson back rather than sell.
I doubt it mate.

As stated already, he barely played him for a year, then loaned him out, then barely played him again between August and November. I think it's fairly obvious he didn't see Jesse as a big part of his plans and was trying to talk up his value in the press. This idea that Jesse is the victim of big bad Ole lying to Lingard that he was going to get playing time ahead of Bruno, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Sancho, Greenwood, Ronaldo and Cavani is nonsense.

Is Ralf also privately telling Lingard he's a big part of his plans despite no playing him?

If he's not which he most likely isn't, then why is Jesse still here if he ''just loves playing football''?

romufc

He didn't.

Moyes approached Ole and Ole turned Moyes down saying he wanted to keep JLingz on.
I bet you Dortmund manager wanted to keep Sancho, Bruno's manager wanted to keep Bruno and even Rodgers wanted to keep Maguire.

Does that mean they were not for sale? If you pay the right price, anyone is for sale. West Ham wanted to buy him for £10m, United found that not good enough.

I also guarantee you, if any PL manager called up Moyes and said, we want Rice he would say, I want to keep Rice. Does that mean they walk away? If the team put £100m on the table, the manager would have no choice.

DutchCruijff

Asked if Lingard rejected the Hammers, Moyes said: “No, nothing like that at all.

“Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] made it clear to me quite early in the transfer window that he wanted to keep him. So I knew pretty early in the transfer window that he was staying at Manchester United. I had a private conversation with Ole who made it clear that he was staying.

“I can’t talk about players from other clubs because that’s not really the way we do it, but because Jesse was part of our club for a wee while all I can say is that he made a massive contribution to the team, both on the pitch and off the pitch,” Moyes added. “We really enjoyed having him.

“He was great for us, but simply the manager told me that he was keeping them in, and when that happens I believe the manager and that’s the way it went.”

AND

Solskjaer said: "Jesse's had a good start to the season. He's come on and scored a few goals for us, that's been very important for us.

"We want to prolong his contract, we see him as an important player. It's up to him, maybe up to me, to give him more playing time because he deserves to.

"Hopefully, we can get a deal sorted for Jesse because we really rate him."

DutchCruijff

I bet you Dortmund manager wanted to keep Sancho, Bruno's manager wanted to keep Bruno and even Rodgers wanted to keep Maguire.

Does that mean they were not for sale? If you pay the right price, anyone is for sale. West Ham wanted to buy him for £10m, United found that not good enough.

I also guarantee you, if any PL manager called up Moyes and said, we want Rice he would say, I want to keep Rice. Does that mean they walk away? If the team put £100m on the table, the manager would have no choice.
No, he literally said to Moyes that Lingard was staying on and West Ham never approached United again.

This was reported by The Athletic at the time -

" West Ham United have made a recent check on Jesse Lingard but are so far deterred by the £30 million valuation. He came off the bench at St Mary’s and is regarded as an option for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this season. United are not closed off to offers, however. "

It is obvious that Ole promised Lingard game time and told the rest of the PL that he wasn't up for sale - unless they came up with an incredibly overpriced £30m bid, which is effectively pricing out a player with only 9 months on his contract - hence why there were no serious links throughout the summer.

romufc

No, he literally said to Moyes that Lingard was staying on and West Ham never approached United again.

This was reported by The Athletic at the time -

" West Ham United have made a recent check on Jesse Lingard but are so far deterred by the £30 million valuation. He came off the bench at St Mary’s and is regarded as an option for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this season. United are not closed off to offers, however. "

It is obvious that Ole promised Lingard game time and told the rest of the PL that he wasn't up for sale - unless they came up with an incredibly overpriced £30m bid, which is effectively pricing out a player with only 9 months on his contract - hence why there were no serious links throughout the summer.

This is Brendan Rodgers a week before selling Maguire

"Thankfully we’re in a position where we don’t have to sell. We don’t want to sell him. He’s a really special player. He fits how we work fantastically well"

But if anyone does come in for him you have to pay that premium for a top level player. He’s just getting his fitness in and we’re quite relaxed on it.

“I don’t overthink it. I’m just training the players, working with the players. There’s been no great change from midweek.

“I don’t overthink it. He’s a top-class player. We want to keep him. Like I always say, whoever’s here will be here. We get to work with him.”

Stop being naive, Ole managed Lingard in reserves and he is not going to be like we want to sell him.

So, we have been priced out of players and still bought them. Ole was the same with every player, he even said he wanted to keep Alexis, Lukaku and sold him.

The price was £30m, thats not United's problem that West Ham can't afford him.

Go check, Hazard cost Real Madrid £140m and he had 1 year left. Moyes was trying to play the game where he deflected it onto Manutd, knowing West Ham wouldn't spend the money.

Marwood

I doubt it mate.

As stated already, he barely played him for a year, then loaned him out, then barely played him again between August and November. I think it's fairly obvious he didn't see Jesse as a big part of his plans and was trying to talk up his value in the press. This idea that Jesse is the victim of big bad Ole lying to Lingard that he was going to get playing time ahead of Bruno, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Sancho, Greenwood, Ronaldo and Cavani is nonsense.

Is Ralf also privately telling Lingard he's a big part of his plans despite no playing him?

If he's not which he most likely isn't, then why is Jesse still here if he ''just loves playing football''?
Totally agree with that.

But like I say, I very much doubt he promised Mata gametime but still handed him a new contract.

For whatever reason it seemed to me, after an initial stripping down of the squad, Ole suddenly wanted three options in every position.

crossy1686

career ending
Come on, he's the leak, think about it.

"We're all unhappy here at United, we're all oppressed. We can't get away with anything now Ole's gone. 17 players want to leave, some players are undroppable no matter how bad they play, it's not fair. Oh, and me and the rest of the lads think Jesse should play more..."

He might as well of signed off the comment J LINGZ

DutchCruijff

Stop being naive, Ole managed Lingard in reserves and he is not going to be like we want to sell him.

So, we have been priced out of players and still bought them. Ole was the same with every player, he even said he wanted to keep Alexis, Lukaku and sold him.

The price was £30m, thats not United's problem that West Ham can't afford him.

Go check, Hazard cost Real Madrid £140m and he had 1 year left. Moyes was trying to play the game where he deflected it onto Manutd, knowing West Ham wouldn't spend the money.
Let's get it right, Moyes said he had a PRIVATE conversation with Ole and the message he received was such that he didn't go back to him.

This isn't Ole making comments in the press. This was him shutting Moyes down in PRIVATE. Moyes/West Ham literally never went back for him.

£30m was an obscene valuation for a forward with 9 months on his contract. He was worth half that. If one is pricing him at £30m, you're effectively pricing him out of the market so that he ends up staying.

There were 0 serious links between Lingard and other clubs this summer. 0. Nada. Zilch.

And judging by the fuss Lingard is kicking up, it is quite obvious he was promised game time, as evidenced by this quote from a Ducker article -

"The first offer United made to Lingard earlier this season is believed to have been worth less than his present salary and the 28 year-old is equally disappointed by his lack of playing time, despite being given assurances in the summer by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that he would feature more regularly."

I find it laughable you and others find this difficult to believe when Ole has made the EXACT same mistake with the likes of Bailly, Henderson, Telles, Dalot , Martial and van de Beek.

romufc

Let's get it right, Moyes said he had a PRIVATE conversation with Ole and the message he received was such that he didn't go back to him.

This isn't Ole making comments in the press. This was him shutting Moyes down in PRIVATE. Moyes/West Ham literally never went back for him.

£30m was an obscene valuation for a forward with 9 months on his contract. He was worth half that. If one is pricing him at £30m, you're effectively pricing him out of the market so that he ends up staying.

There were 0 serious links between Lingard and other clubs this summer. 0. Nada. Zilch.

And judging by the fuss Lingard is kicking up, it is quite obvious he was promised game time, as evidenced by this quote from a Ducker article -

"The first offer United made to Lingard earlier this season is believed to have been worth less than his present salary and the 28 year-old is equally disappointed by his lack of playing time, despite being given assurances in the summer by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that he would feature more regularly."

I find it laughable you and others find this difficult to believe when Ole has made the EXACT same mistake with the likes of Bailly, Henderson, Telles, Dalot , Martial and van de Beek.
Oh so it was so PRIVATE that you know about it?

And the players we sign don't have obscene valuations? Also since when does valuations mean that is the price? Dortmund said Sancho is £120m but we got him for £70m.

Can you show me where West Ham put a offer ?

So you believe everything Ole said?

So did Chelsea price Hazard out at £140m with 1 year left? If a club wants a player, they go get him, simple as.

Again, is that Manutd's fault that no other club wanted Lingard? clearly other clubs don't rate him, when you have clubs spending £25m on Dan James, Newcastle bough Willock for £25m, West Ham spent £33m on Vlasic. So dont tell me he was priced out, its was simple, no one rated him.

Oh yes the other players, who have done what exactly in a United shirt to deserve game time? Are you saying DDG who has kept us in games should be dropped or Henderson should play CB?

Status
Not open for further replies.