4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

United in sin

He's very naive if he thought that way though. He could barely get into the side between January 2020 and July 2021 and in that time Bruno, Ronaldo, Cavani and Sancho were added to Martial, Rashford and Pogba while Greenwood also broke through. Not sure how a few good months at West Ham would have improved his chances of displacing any of those players. Despite media chatter Solskjaer was clearly building a squad without him in his plans.

The narrative has been that Ole promised him lots of games and that's why he stayed in the summer window. Well he didn't get those minutes, Solskjaer is gone, a new manager with a pressing style has come in yet he hasn't impressed him enough to get more chances and the transfer window is open again. So really he should be chomping at the bit to get a move somewhere asap, lets see if he's still here come February. I wouldn't blame him if he want's to run his contract down either but I think that's been his plan for quite a while personally.
This theory is false/made up unless you have a good source supporting it. Rangknick has made if clear he's only seeking to work with players who want to stay at the club. Lingard's contractual situation is at odds with that

stevoc

This theory is false/made up unless you have a good source supporting it. Rangknick has made if clear he's only seeking to work with players who want to stay at the club. Lingard's contractual situation is at odds with that
My theory that Rangnick hasn't given him many chances? :lol:

Yeah Ok mate, I have a really good source actually it's called reality. The reality that he's only made two appearances since Rangnick took over.

Last edited:

meninred

I thought Lingaard would suite this pressing style that ragnic is prophesying.

United in sin

My theory that Rangnick hasn't given him many chances? :lol:

Yeah Ok mate, I have a really good source actually it's called reality. The reality that he's only made two appearances since Rangnick took over.
So you're going to discount what Rangknick mentioned about only fielding players who are committed to the club? Henderson, Van De Beek (very little game time) and Martial haven't featured for similar reasons

stevoc

So you're going to discount what Rangknick mentioned about only fielding players who are committed to the club? Henderson, Van De Beek (very little game time) and Martial haven't featured for similar reasons
I'm not discounting anything mate it's just not really a factor, Rangnick is desperate for results and he is playing Cavani who want's to leave and he is giving Lingard some minutes despite him clearly not being committed to the club. So I would take that quote from Ralf with a pinch of salt, if Jesse or Donny were tearing it up in training do you seriously think he wouldn't play them?

You think he won't play Pogba either when he's fit again?

Come on mate.

crossy1686

career ending
I thought Lingaard would suite this pressing style that ragnic is prophesying.
Rangnick has made it pretty clear that he’s not going to convince players to sign a new contract so it’s probably got something to do with that and all the headspace issues Jesse is probably having digesting that information, and ultimately if he’s resigned to leaving at the end of the season his performances in training will be pretty dire you can imagine.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Think he'd do well for us given how shit we are and how much space there is on the break. Too bad we're not making the most of the year he has left.

He's been a good servant of the club and seems to have been mistreated/lied to. Being a prat on social media doesnt change the history.

I wish we'd just field our best players and drop the politics.

stevoc

Think he'd do well for us given how shit we are and how much space there is on the break. Too bad we're not making the most of the year he has left.

He's been a good servant of the club and seems to have been mistreated/lied to. Being a prat on social media doesnt change the history.
Mistreated? Jesus.

Even if Solskjaer told him he'd get more minutes this season and it's a big if, he wasn't necessarily lied to. As soon as things started going tits up for Ole this season he decided to stick to playing his best players in an effort to turn things around. He couldn't turn it around and got sacked. If things had went well for Solskjaer this season there's every chance Lingard would have got more games under him.

I wish we'd just field our best players and drop the politics.
We pretty much do.

Josh 76

Jessie Lingard is a mystery. Was one of the form players in the premier league last season, and Utd still couldn’t utilise that.

Scottynaldinho

As long as the club is paying Lingard, Rangnick cannot decide to not utilize him.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Mistreated? Jesus.

Even if Solskjaer told him he'd get more minutes this season and it's a big if, he wasn't necessarily lied to. As soon as things started going tits up for Ole this season he decided to stick to playing his best players in an effort to turn things around. He couldn't turn it around and got sacked. If things had went well for Solskjaer this season there's every chance Lingard would have got more games under him.

He's done well whenever he came on, yet never got more game time, because of favoritism and politics.

We pretty much do.
He stuck to playing his favorites alright, but Maguire, McTominay, AWB, Shaw were nowhere near his best players.
Ole also played Martial and Dan James over him.

Lingard could have done a better job as a 10 than the blonde ghost from Holland under all 3 managers this season. Because like I said, we're shit and there's loads of space for Lingard.

It's absolutely mistreatment. If Ole would have been honest with him he'd have gone to West Ham and we'd have gotten a minimum of 20 million. Our squad is so big, we clearly don't need him so Ole could have just told him he's below Martial, Dan James and VDB in the pecking order. Instead he chose to say nothing or even promised more minutes.

And it's not a big if at all he was promised things. Like VDB, Hendo, Mata, there is a pattern there.

stevoc

He stuck to playing his favorites alright, but Maguire, McTominay, AWB, Shaw were nowhere near his best players.
Ole also played Martial and Dan James over him.
They are pretty much the best we have in their positions. Maguire has been awful so you could make a case for Lindelof being better right now but Varane was injured most of the season which is why Harry was playing.

Lingard could have done a better job as a 10 than the blonde ghost from Holland under all 3 managers this season. Because like I said, we're shit and there's loads of space for Lingard.
Eh VDB isn't playing either. Bruno is the 1st choice no10 and Pogba would likely play there if Bruno was injured, Lingard isn't better than either of those players.

It's absolutely mistreatment. If Ole would have been honest with him he'd have gone to West Ham and we'd have gotten a minimum of 20 million. Our squad is so big, we clearly don't need him so Ole could have just told him he's below Martial, Dan James and VDB in the pecking order. Instead he chose to say nothing or even promised more minutes.
You seriously think after barely playing him for the entirety of 2020 and then loaning him out in 2021 that Lingard even if told that (which I doubt) would have believed he could displace 2-3 of Bruno, Pogba, Van De Beek, Rashford, Martial, Cavani, Ronaldo, Greenwood, and Sancho and become 1st choice?

Makes no sense.

And it's not a big if at all he was promised things. Like VDB, Hendo, Mata, there is a pattern there.
And you know that for a fact do you?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
They are pretty much the best we have in their positions. Maguire has been awful so you could make a case for Lindelof being better right now but Varane was injured most of the season which is why Harry was playing.

Eh VDB isn't playing either. Bruno is the 1st choice no10 and Pogba would likely play there if Bruno was injured, Lingard isn't better than either of those players.

You seriously think after barely playing him for the entirety of 2020 and then loaning him out in 2021 that Lingard even if told that (which I doubt) would have believed he could displace 2-3 of Bruno, Pogba, Van De Beek, Rashford, Martial, Cavani, Ronaldo, Greenwood, and Sancho and become 1st choice?

Makes no sense.

And you know that for a fact do you?
Oh my. Bruno is our main no 10 and VDB isn't? Really? Guess I had it all wrong :rolleyes:

Shaw was absolutely woeful when Ole got the sack yet continued playing him. Maguire same. AWB is just a bad player. I don't rate Telles but Ralf was absolutely right in playing him the moment he came in. How Maguire didn't get dropped for Bailly is beyond me.

VDB played an odd gamen the 10 position and we saw him ghosting.

No one said anything about first choice. He's only gotten 5 minute cameos. Like I said, the games Bruno was dropped/suspsended he could've played instead of VDB. He also could've played instead of Dan fecking James or Martial LW. He could have had more sub appearances.

Mate, all I'm saying is he was that far down the pecking order he should've been told that. We have the numbers, we don't need him and we clearly could have used the funds.

For what it's worth I think he's better than Dan James, Martial LW, VDB no 10 and Rashford on current form. Add up the games I mentioned and he could've played way, way more.

Like I said, he could very well have been promised game time, given how many disgruntled players we have (there's a pattern here! look at VDB, Mata or Hendo situation for example) But even if he didn't, he'd deserved to have been told the truth where he stands in the pecking order. Which was behind Martial and Dan James.

United in sin

I'm not discounting anything mate it's just not really a factor, Rangnick is desperate for results and he is playing Cavani who want's to leave and he is giving Lingard some minutes despite him clearly not being committed to the club. So I would take that quote from Ralf with a pinch of salt, if Jesse or Donny were tearing it up in training do you seriously think he wouldn't play them?

You think he won't play Pogba either when he's fit again?

Come on mate.
We can't know what goes in training surely, it kills me when people mention this. Lingard however has been mentioned as being among the consistently best trainers at the club a few times. He's played very little this season but has two PL goals and made the assist for Ronaldo's last ditch winner against Villarreal in the CL.

He's never been a slouch and his workrate has never been in question. Do you think McTominay and Maguire for instance tear it up in training? Why are they consistently picked even when they play terribly back to back? Lingard can contribute

Last edited:

stevoc

Oh my. Bruno is our main no 10 and VDB isn't? Really? Guess I had it all wrong :rolleyes:

Shaw was absolutely woeful when Ole got the sack yet continued playing him. Maguire same. AWB is just a bad player. I don't rate Telles but Ralf was absolutely right in playing him the moment he came in. How Maguire didn't get dropped for Bailly is beyond me.

VDB played an odd gamen the 10 position and we saw him ghosting.

No one said anything about first choice. He's only gotten 5 minute cameos. Like I said, the games Bruno was dropped/suspsended he could've played instead of VDB. He also could've played instead of Dan fecking James or Martial LW. He could have had more sub appearances.

Mate, all I'm saying is he was that far down the pecking order he should've been told that. We have the numbers, we don't need him and we clearly could have used the funds.

For what it's worth I think he's better than Dan James, Martial LW, VDB no 10 and Rashford on current form. Add up the games I mentioned and he could've played way, way more.
Listen mate Lingard is almost 30 years old he's a grown man, he shouldn't need telling like a child that it's highly unlikely he's getting much games when his competition is Rashford, Martial, Fernandes, Pogba, Greenwood, Sancho, Cavani and fecking Ronaldo.

Can we stop pretending that Lingard was somehow tricked into staying at United. He made a decision to stay so he only has himself to blame if he's unhappy about not playing. If he was so keen to leave and get playing time, what's stopping him leaving during the January window?

Like I said, he could very well have been promised game time, given how many disgruntled players we have (there's a pattern here! look at VDB, Mata or Hendo situation for example) But even if he didn't, he'd deserved to have been told the truth where he stands in the pecking order. Which was behind Martial and Dan James.
Wouldn't that have already been obvious to him when he was barely played in 2020 while they were and he was loaned out to another team in 2021 while they stayed?

Also what's this Mata and Henderson situation?

stevoc

We can't know what goes in training surely, it kills me when people mention this. Lingard however has been mentioned as being among the consistently best trainers at the club a few times. He's played very little this season but has two PL goals and made the assist for Ronaldo's last ditch winner against Villarreal in the CL.

He's never been a slouch and his workrate has never been in question. Do you think McTominay and Maguire for instance tear it up in training? Why are they consistently picked even when they play terribly back to back? Lingard can contribute
Lingard looked like he couldn't be arsed in his last start against Young Boys.

Maguire is currently not in the team, he was playing before Varane returned because it was either him or Jones probably. McTominay and Fred are regularly picked because whatever you think about them they are our best and most reliable central midfielders. Which isn't saying much but it's a fact.

stevoc

Given these comments on Pogba I reckon it's safe to say Lingard isn't being left out because of his contract situation.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905

Given these comments on Pogba I reckon it's safe to say Lingard isn't being left out because of his contract situation.
good comments from ralf. I think it's clear that Lingard is a tier down from Pogba who if played into form can come in time for a very strong finish. We know how good he can be. So let' hope Rangnick will asses his abilities quickly enough and we use him to his best strenghts. With Lingard he's been practically replaced by 19y.o. Elanga, makes zero sense to play a player who will leave for free who lacks the motivation and is on about the same level now.

stevoc

good comments from ralf. I think it's clear that Lingard is a tier down from Pogba who if played into form can come in time for a very strong finish. We know how good he can be. So let' hope Rangnick will asses his abilities quickly enough and we use him to his best strenghts. With Lingard he's been practically replaced by 19y.o. Elanga, makes zero sense to play a player who will leave for free who lacks the motivation and is on about the same level now.
Yeah he didn't look arsed in this last start, probably putting the same effort in, in training and hasn't impressed Ralf.

United in sin

He's currently injured and he came on as a late sub in our last two games before Brentford.

United in sin

So he's being left out of the team then?
He's still actually getting minutes/appearances when available, how's that being left out?
He makes matchday squads and the bench often, on top of his sub apps. Are you only considering starts or amount of game time?

stevoc

He's still actually getting minutes/appearances when available, how's that being left out?
He makes matchday squads and the bench often, on top of his sub apps. Are you only considering starts or amount of game time?
When someone never or very rarely starts any games they are being left out, that's what that means mate.

United in sin

He was back because Cavani, Sancho and Lingard was ruled out. Highly unlikely he'll be in the squad for West Ham.
You have it wrong. I guess you missed the story about Rangknick and Martial directly addressing his absence from travelling squads. Martial was not involved before because he wants out of United. However the two have come to an agreement over Martial's involvement in the team

UncleBob

You have it wrong. I guess you missed the story about Rangknick and Martial directly addressing his absence from travelling squads. Martial was not involved before because he wants out of United. However the two have come to an agreement over Martial's involvement in the team
Don't be naive, it was due to injuries and unavailable players, we had 9 players on the bench with two of them being goalkeepers. As soon as Cavani, Lingard and Sancho are available he's off the squad.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The elephant in the room: we’ve kept him around due to sympathy. Truth is his mentality is weak. He does not thrive in a highly competitive environment and never has.

Oranges038

Latest example being Juve saying they’ll “take” Martial off our hands on loan with no obligation to buy if we cover the bulk of his £150k p/w wages whilst he’s there.
To be fair. That's just a standard Juve transfer offer at this stage. No money spent and they get to add an another asset to their accounts for whatever value they want.

Win win for them.

United in sin

Don't be naive, it was due to injuries and unavailable players, we had 9 players on the bench with two of them being goalkeepers. As soon as Cavani, Lingard and Sancho are available he's off the squad.
Well I guess time will tell. I believe Martial's wishes to leave the club this window are the only reason Rangknick hasn't given him a try in our disjointed attack

sp_107

Barca told Dembele they wont play him any more means he has to sit idle for next 5 months...may be some players are OK with that kind oif treatment to gain more money by going on free transfer in summer

Players who got a bit of self respect and pride might leave the club than facingthat kind of situation

if they follow success money will follow them, who knows if Jesse went to Wesham in last window he might have become a better player and big clubs might have paid him more now.

Jesse / Pogba / Martial , dont think they really care about their self-respect that much

SuperiorXI

No idea why he is on the bench stinking up the joint. Same with Pogba. If you don't have a future at the club then I'd rather you stay at home. Disappointed with Ralf on this...

bdspeedy

I'll miss him but Jesse can feck right off. He's been shit for us for years. Sorry he was having issues at home. I know all too well about family illness and other issues and would never wish it on anyone but ffs, he's a professional footballer who has been stuck in arrested development for years. Note to Jesse: Less video games, beans, beans, beans and clothing lines until you actually figure out how to do your f-ing job. The sooner our players grow up and stop living like they are living in a disney world, the better.

stevoc

No, that's not the definition of being left out. Martial was left out and now he's back in matchday squads
:lol:

Yeah ok mate.

So was he in the starting line-ups recently or left out of the starting line-ups?

This place is getting worse.

United in sin

:lol:

Yeah ok mate.

So was he in the starting line-ups recently or left out of the starting line-ups?

This place is getting worse.
He got minutes, he sat on the bench, that's not being left out. Your response is daft but you can have it pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.