Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Outside of very important matters like injury, illness, or a baby being born, has there ever been a case where a player took a week off in the middle of a busy season?

He took a week off for a vacation it looks like because he keeps tweeting. Which isnt all that important. Hell, playing football is an entertaintment for some. Its not like he has to work everyday 9 to 5.

crossy1686

career ending
These lads really don’t like being called out do they? First thing they do is jump on social media to defend their image when the manager says it how it is. We really do need to get rid of a bunch.

Esquire

Until Messi Lingard’s tweet I had some sympathy for him. Seems to think that because he is upset he didn’t get his money grabbing move to Newcastle he can come out and disrespect the club and the manager. Feck right off.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
I really don't see why Ralf needs to lie about a player he can afford not to pick without any questions being asked. It definitely looks like a case of players trying to protect themselves on social media for being called out in public over their lack of commitment.
Some of these have had a free run around here showing up when they feel like without any consequences that the minute they get called out now, they're scurrying for cover.

Ralf was honest in his assessment about Ronaldo for his reaction to being subbed vs Brentford. Ronnie moved on. Bruno looks like he's already one of Ralf's favourites. Fred and McT too (dalot getting there too). It's clear as daylight that players who actually care have no problems working with Ralf and the other way round too. The prima donnas are the ones throwing b*tch fits because they don't have a nice guy letting them do what they want anymore.

red4ever 79

It just seems weird. Under SAF I doubt players would be allowed tweeting stuff like that and if they were it would be deleted pronto and they'd be getting hell for it. It's not their fault per se, but it is something you would expect the club would stamp down on and make sure it doesn't happen.
I agree with you a little bit. You dont see this so much at other clubs. Pep has dropped Grealish and Foden a couple of times this season, on one occasion cited that they turned up for training in an unfit state. You dont see anything from the players there.

What I am trying to say, and I have alluded to it in other posts, I think we have a cultural problem at the club. Too many bluffers thinking they can get away with anything. It needs to be stamped out and very quickly. However, have no faith in our board to install such a culture.

United in sin

I really don't see why Ralf needs to lie about a player he can afford not to pick without any questions being asked. It definitely looks like a case of players trying to protect themselves on social media for being called out in public over their lack of commitment.
Some of these have had a free run around here showing up when they feel like without any consequences that the minute they get called out now, they're scurrying for cover.

Ralf was honest in his assessment about Ronaldo for his reaction to being subbed vs Brentford. Ronnie moved on. Bruno looks like he's already one of Ralf's favourites. Fred and McT too (dalot getting there too). It's clear as daylight that players who actually care have no problems working with Ralf and the other way round too. The prima donnas are the ones throwing b*tch fits because they don't have a nice guy letting them do what they want anymore.
Didn't Rangknick tell reporters that Martial refused to be included in matchday squads only to include him after Martial publicly rejected that claim?

crossy1686

career ending
Until Messi Lingard’s tweet I had some sympathy for him. Seems to think that because he is upset he didn’t get his money grabbing move to Newcastle he can come out and disrespect the club and the manager. Feck right off.
Mitten said the other day it was double your money (£200k a week) for him for a 5 month stint at Newcastle, which is why United were asking for a survival bonus, and why he really wanted to go.

shazzmufc

He’s calling Jesse out
Oh my, here we go :lol:

Although, maybe this needs to be handled behind the scenes? We have woeful squad depth now, and Lingard can definitely make some difference. What good is airing all this dirty laundry in the public eye really going to do? … having said that, I’m enjoying the ‘player power’ being flipped on its head. It’s dangerously becoming more entertaining than actually watching us play.

spiriticon

Why couldn't we just fecking let him go? Even if you forced him to play, would he even be arsed on the pitch? He'd be strolling around, looking cool and that's about it.

Stupid board.

L1nk

Oh my, here we go :lol:

Although, maybe this needs to be handled behind the scenes? We have woeful squad depth now, and Lingard can definitely make some difference. What good is airing all this dirty laundry in the public eye really going to do? … having said that, I’m enjoying the ‘player power’ being flipped on its head. It’s dangerously becoming more entertaining than actually watching us play.
Normally I would agree but these players have been getting away with this behind the scenes for far too long. Im glad they are getting aired in public so the fans can finally see it out in the open

Red00012

Do not care about this fella just get rid of the precious fecker and his West Ham jersey

clarkydaz

Mitten said the other day it was double your money (£200k a week) for him for a 5 month stint at Newcastle, which is why United were asking for a survival bonus, and why he really wanted to go.
So now we know why Ralf said Jesse suddenly changed his mind through the window wanting to leave

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
:lol:

That real world problem definitely deserves another day lounging in your LL Cool J Vutton gear in Dubai to reflect on money lost.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

He’s calling Jesse out
This is pissing me off. WTF is Jesse doing, it's not like he plays for another club, he plays for a club that supposed to be a club he supports since he was a kid. Either he has a family issue or he's actually taking the piss. Why is Rashy not talking to him about this?

stevoc

What's this assumption based on? You don't think it's possible Ole changed his mind after seeing him perform at West Ham?
Common sense, if a manager loans a player they've barely played in a year out it is almost certainly to get him some games to generate interest for a sale.

It is possible Ole changed his mind after seeing him perform at West Ham though unlikely. But had that been the case then you'd imagine he'd have played him more between August and November.

Thinking Ole told Moyes he wasn't for sale as some sort of negotiation tactic is super, ultra, duper clueless.
Yeah you're probably right mate. Telling the manager of the club you are hoping to sell a player to for a few quid in a Covid market. That you are desperate to sell said player would have been the smart move.

stevoc

You don't think it reflects badly that you can't keep these things inside the club instead of having very public spats?
It does indeed reflect badly on the club but that's what happens when the club indulges unprofessional scrotes like Lingard. He should have been forced out years ago instead of letting him run his contract down.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Common sense, if a manager loans a player they've barely played in a year out it is almost certainly to get him some games to generate interest for a sale.

It is possible Ole changed his mind after seeing him perform at West Ham though unlikely. But had that been the case then you'd imagine he'd have played him more between August and November.

Yeah you're probably right mate. Telling the manager of the club you are hoping to sell a player to for a few quid in a Covid market. That you are desperate to sell said player would have been the smart move.
But if the manager doesnt' sell the loan player after a really successful loan spell, common says he doesn't want to sell him then?
Why would he have given him more game time if he decided to keep him? He kept Elanga and VDB and still didn't play them. I've already said Ole is a hoarder and wanted quality players to do bit parts.

Trust me, Ole isn't a massive enough moron to think he has in binary choice when talking to Moyes

1. "I'm desperate to get rid, please lowball us"
2. "No, I want to keep him"

And you'd kinda have to be a massive moron to think he has a binary choice there.

Besides if he was for sale other clubs would've taken him as well.

Here's what we know:
  • Moyes wanted him, but was told by Ole he wasn't for sale
  • Ole says he wanted to keep him and wanted to extend his contract
  • According to VDB Ole promised him more game time, the same Ole that assembled a 30 man squad
  • LIngard gets frustrated 3 months in with his lack of game
You have a very vivid imagination, or you must have an unhealthy hatred of Lingard. Regardless, there's no need to come up with wild conspiracies when it's really obvious what happened.

stevoc

But if the manager doesnt' sell the loan player after a really successful loan spell, common says he doesn't want to sell him then?
Why would he have given him more game time if he decided to keep him? He kept Elanga and VDB and still didn't play them. I've already said Ole is a hoarder and wanted quality players to do bit parts.

Trust me, Ole isn't a massive enough moron to think he has in binary choice when talking to Moyes

1. "I'm desperate to get rid, please lowball us"
2. "No, I want to keep him"

And you'd kinda have to be a massive moron to think he has a binary choice there.

Besides if he was for sale other clubs would've taken him as well.

Here's what we know:
  • Moyes wanted him, but was told by Ole he wasn't for sale
  • Ole says he wanted to keep him and wanted to extend his contract
  • According to VDB Ole promised him more game time, the same Ole that assembled a 30 man squad
  • LIngard gets frustrated 3 months in with his lack of game
You have a very vivid imagination, or you must have an unhealthy hatred of Lingard. Regardless, there's no need to come up with wild conspiracies when it's really obvious what happened.
Wild conspiracies? :lol:

It seems obvious to me as well mate. You don't not play a guy for over a year, then loan him out for 6 months then barely play him again when he returns if you badly want him to be part of your squad. Regardless of what David Moyes says.

The club and Solskjaer wanted to sell him but over valued him and scared potential buyers off and/or Lingard indicated early on that he didn't want to move. That's why I think he's still here, another transfer window has just passed and he didn't seem too desperate to leave in that one either. From all accounts he only wanted to go on loan not a permanent transfer, which says it all really.

SmallCaine

You’d think a team manager would have control over such issues. imagine anyone going over Sir Alex’s head to allow a player he wanted to play time off without consulting him.
Didn't sir alex have similar issues when he first came to the club and had to deal with the drinking culture? helps when the upstairs people back the manager and let him clean house if needed instead of just watching from sidelines, sadly the inept idiots at ours are too entrenched into balance sheet figures to figure such stuff.

AndySmith1990

You’d think a team manager would have control over such issues. imagine anyone going over Sir Alex’s head to allow a player he wanted to play time off without consulting him.
Players have too much power these days. They are multimillion pound assets and with owners like ours they aren't going to be written off so easily, no matter how they behave. Instead we pander to the entitled tossers and reward them with holidays, and even worse, new contracts.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Wild conspiracies? :lol:

It seems obvious to me as well mate. You don't not play a guy for over a year, then loan him out for 6 months then barely play him again when he returns if you badly want him to be part of your squad. Regardless of what David Moyes says.

The club and Solskjaer wanted to sell him but over valued him and scared potential buyers off and/or Lingard indicated early on that he didn't want to move. That's why I think he's still here, another transfer window has just passed and he didn't seem too desperate to leave in that one either. From all accounts he only wanted to go on loan not a permanent transfer, which says it all really.
:lol: Nice story. I'll take the more probable explanation that doesn't hinge on the fact both Moyes and Solskjaer are lying over something so trivial.

Keep writing fan fiction.

NotQuiteManc

Even if the management, and Ralf are lying, then shouldn't Lingard have reacted differently if he is indeed 100% pro and raring to go? Take for example, Hannibal could have gone and have a break after two international tournaments in a row, but he said no despite being offered by Ralf. To me, it's less of the words that have been said, but more of the actions. Lingard should have said no, stayed and continue to train to fight for his place instead of going on holiday in the middle of the season. Nothing wrong with going on holiday, but to take extra days off?

What happened to the last season's Lingard before the West Ham stint when nothing can go right for him? He was protected by the management and basically given second chance to prove everyone wrong. I guess we were really proven wrong. He is still a man child.

Yakuza_devils

It just seems weird. Under SAF I doubt players would be allowed tweeting stuff like that and if they were it would be deleted pronto and they'd be getting hell for it. It's not their fault per se, but it is something you would expect the club would stamp down on and make sure it doesn't happen.
Lingard is just a fringe player but acting as if he is a superstar here. Under SAF, even players like Beckham, Stam and Keane were forced out of the club.

The new management with Arnold, Murtough, Fletcher and Rangnick must change this club mentality and bring back the high standard required for Man Utd player.

Show 100% commitment on and off the field or get out of the club.

TsuWave

These lads really don’t like being called out do they? First thing they do is jump on social media to defend their image when the manager says it how it is. We really do need to get rid of a bunch.
does anybody like being called out? why are they expected to take lumps and not defend themselves?

HailtotheKing

Even if the management, and Ralf are lying, then shouldn't Lingard have reacted differently if he is indeed 100% pro and raring to go? Take for example, Hannibal could have gone and have a break after two international tournaments in a row, but he said no despite being offered by Ralf. To me, it's less of the words that have been said, but more of the actions. Lingard should have said no, stayed and continue to train to fight for his place instead of going on holiday in the middle of the season. Nothing wrong with going on holiday, but to take extra days off?

What happened to the last season's Lingard before the West Ham stint when nothing can go right for him? He was protected by the management and basically given second chance to prove everyone wrong. I guess we were really proven wrong. He is still a man child.
This exactly. Even if they asked Jessie if he wanted to take time off, he could’ve said no. And now if it turns out that it was Murtough that suggested it to Jessie, it’s even worse. What business does he have interfering with Ralf?

stevoc

:lol: Nice story. I'll take the more probable explanation that doesn't hinge on the fact both Moyes and Solskjaer are lying over something so trivial.

Keep writing fan fiction.
:lol:

Nowhere did I even say Moyes was lying, which says it all about this conversation.

I'm sharing my opinion which is based on events not soundbites.

Good talk though mate.

R'hllor

Wait so someone above RR, gave Lingard 5 days off, with/out him knowing, ah thats funny if thats the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.