Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I don't get what Ralf expects though? It's so obvious he doesn't give a shit. Why on earth is he selecting him? I can't get my head around it.
Totally agree. He doesn’t look arsed at all. Let him meme around in the reserves. Ralf needs to do better here.

TheMitz

Should have just brought Hannibal on instead of him.
Exactly!! Lingard never was good enough and now he doesn't care, at least have someone on the bench who is going to show some passion.

MUFC OK

He’s been an embarrassment in the few times he’s played. Look forward to that contract expiring.

Raw

Truly baffled as to why he's getting minutes under Ralf. He does absolutely nothing when he comes on and he's leaving this summer, so what's the fecking point?

He doesn't even offer an "energetic presence", he's just nothing. A total waste of a sub.

jem

The sooner this fecking clown leaves, the better. Stands for all that is wrong with this shite team.

RedDevilQuebecois

Mejbri was on the bench and he brings on this guy
That was today's biggest nonsense. If the guy wants to let his contract expire and never play for us again after this season, just let him rot in the reserves.

Lingard is a fecking idiot for not forcing a move away when this was basically his last chance of ever featuring in a World Cup for England. He can shove his TikTok crap where the sun doesn't shine.

NoPace

Truly baffled as to why he's getting minutes under Ralf. He does absolutely nothing when he comes on and he's leaving this summer, so what's the fecking point?

He doesn't even offer an "energetic presence", he's just nothing. A total waste of a sub.
Rashford hasn't defended well enough lately to be trusted on the wing in a 4 man midfield against City (and we probably wanted pace up top) and bringing on Dalot would have incensed everyone even though in hindsight it probably made sense (though I'd have had him on for Wan-Bissaka after the first 5 minutes of that 2nd half).

UncleBob

Difficult not to laugh, he comes on with 30 mins to go and he manages to get two touches on the ball :lol:

Rossa

Loved how he was casually jogging after the ball when he was played through on goal after a lovely ball over the top. Made their centre back look like Usain Bolt having taken the super soldier serum. Mata would have chased harder.

Then he proceeded not to track back, strolling about and generally doing nothing. He made Pogba look like prime Kante. Probably the closest to a 1/10 performance I have seen. Rashford probably the same.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Loved how he was casually jogging after the ball when he was played through on goal after a lovely ball over the top. Made their centre back look like Usain Bolt having taken the super soldier serum. Mata would have chased harder.

Then he proceeded not to track back, strolling about and generally doing nothing. He made Pogba look like prime Kante. Probably the closest to a 1/10 performance I have seen. Rashford probably the same.
Rashford gets a lot of stick at the moment and rightly so, but at least I notice that he is on the pitch. Lingard on the other side is such a nothing player. If we had played with 10 men the last 25 minutes there would have been zero difference.
How the hell we have not taken 10 Mio or whatever and get him off the wage bill is beyond me.

Rossa

Rashford gets a lot of stick at the moment and rightly so, but at least I notice that he is on the pitch. Lingard on the other side is such a nothing player. If we had played with 10 men the last 25 minutes there would have been zero difference.
How the hell we have not taken 10 Mio or whatever and get him off the wage bill is beyond me.
I think it’s beyond most. I also think it’s disrespectful from the club when a player wants a new challenge to deny him that. At least when he’s only been a squad player and is in his prime.

binary bot
Pre Greenwood news people actually thought it was some noble cause that we were asking a ridiculous amount from Newcastle for him. How small-time have we become?

Bwuk

Pre Greenwood news people actually thought it was some noble cause that we were asking a ridiculous amount from Newcastle for him. How small-time have we become?
It’s pathetic. We always over value our players so end up with complete duds for years on end.

Gordon Godot

It’s pathetic. We always over value our players so end up with complete duds for years on end.
idiots running the club, thats what you get. No squad management, no DoF, no vision. Ole acted like some 10 year old hoarding the best toys. Pathetic

AndySmith1990

It's clear that he just doesn't care anymore. He's counting down the days until he can pick up his signing on bonus from Newcastle. Rangnick shouldn't be giving him anymore minutes.

jem

Absolute idiots - could’ve gotten a fee for him but tried to play Newcastle and ended up with nothing. Well done boys.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Absolute idiots - could’ve gotten a fee for him but tried to play Newcastle and ended up with nothing. Well done boys.
The major stupidity was not selling him in the summer on the back of that great shop window loan. Could have easily gotten 20m for him and raised the maturity level in the dressing room.

stevoc

The major stupidity was not selling him in the summer on the back of that great shop window loan. Could have easily gotten 20m for him and raised the maturity level in the dressing room.
Takes someone to offer that first before you can accept it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Takes someone to offer that first before you can accept it.
He wasn't put on the market though, was he? Ole said something along the lines that it was great to have him going forward and Jesse probably wanted yet another chance to make it at a top club where he was paid way above market value. If the line had been that this is a great opportunity for him to find first team football, the bids would have arrived. His purple patch would have ensured that much.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
His daughter has 44k followers on Instagram. She’s a toddler ffs.

stevoc

He wasn't put on the market though, was he? Ole said something along the lines that it was great to have him going forward and Jesse probably wanted yet another chance to make it at a top club where he was paid way above market value. If the line had been that this is a great opportunity for him to find first team football, the bids would have arrived. His purple patch would have ensured that much.
He was barely played for a calendar year mate then loaned out to generate interest, so yeah of course he was on the market. Ignore whatever nonsense Solskjaer may or may not have said in some attempt to drive a hard bargain with potential buyers. Let's bear in mind he said basically the same thing about Sanchez when he was on loan at Inter.

I suspect a combination of United overvaluing him/West Ham undervaluing and/or Lingard looking to run his contract down resulted in him staying.

This guy is clearly a bad influence on other players. It’s obvious from the way he doesn’t behave like a professional footballer and his lack of ambition to even play.

crossy1686

career ending
It’s sad that we want rid of a local Manchester lad (Warrington) and United academy player but my word I’ll be glad to see the back of him when he’s gone.

Him and a couple of others really epitomise what the club has become in recent years. The brand, the clothing line, the social media, the dancing, the lack of performances, the big salaries, the leaks, the giving yourself a nickname, the entitlement.

I find it hard to see how Lingard would survive in a Fergie era United team.

Lee565

Another player that we seem to have destroyed in terms of passion for the club, he use to be the go to guy for putting in an energetic and industries performance on the pitch for the likes of mourinho and ole but lost his enthusiasm at the club and found it again at West ham before losing all again when he was given false promises by ole and looks like one too many players over the years of wanting to be a million miles away from the club.

edgecutter

It’s sad that we want rid of a local Manchester lad (Warrington) and United academy player but my word I’ll be glad to see the back of him when he’s gone.

Him and a couple of others really epitomise what the club has become in recent years. The brand, the clothing line, the social media, the dancing, the lack of performances, the big salaries, the leaks, the giving yourself a nickname, the entitlement.

I find it hard to see how Lingard would survive in a Fergie era United team.
He was allowed to stay here far too long. It was clear he wasn't good enough 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Seij

Least favorite player at the club since ADM. How he managed to stay at the club getting paid big money for so many years is a testament to how horrendously the club has been run by Woodward's circus since Fergie's retirement.

NewYorkRed

The most meh player in the history of the club, and not a good role model for younger players. Couldn’t care less where he goes as long as he leaves.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m struggling to understand why he’s in the match day squad when in games like this we aren’t going to use him? Seems bizarre.

Elanga and Sancho were poor second half and Lingard should have come on. If you’re not going to use him why not give a spot to one of the young players? Seems odd.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I’m struggling to understand why he’s in the match day squad when in games like this we aren’t going to use him? Seems bizarre.

Elanga and Sancho were poor second half and Lingard should have come on. If you’re not going to use him why not give a spot to one of the young players? Seems odd.
To be fair we only had two subs (after the Telles forced change) and can see why he brought on Rashford and Matic (with Pogba fasting)

I'd be bringing on Mata long before I bring on Lingard though... Lad does not give two dicks when he's on the pitch

TheReligion

Abusive
To be fair we only had two subs (after the Telles forced change) and can see why he brought on Rashford and Matic (with Pogba fasting)

I'd be bringing on Mata long before I bring on Lingard though... Lad does not give two dicks when he's on the pitch
Rangnick just said Lingard felt unwell.

Sounds like another who didn’t fancy it, fecking annoying!

Mata good shout

Status
Not open for further replies.