Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If we didn't get an offer for him after that amazing loan spell he had at WH last season, we'll never manage to sell him. What are we thinking, are we going to renew his contract?
I doubt lack of interest in him is the issue. He seems determined to preserve the title of Manchester United player above getting regular football.

Brophs

The One and Only
Sounds like there's only one thing for it: a value-preserving contract extension on £100k a week and then 3 years of fans wondering why he won't piss off for half the money elsewhere.

Noc-Z

ffs
He wants to stay because life is comfortable for him here. We're not ruthless enough. Ole certainly isn't ruthless enough. He wants to stay and joke around with Marcus and Paul.

van Nistelrooy

He wants to stay because life is comfortable for him here. We're not ruthless enough. Ole certainly isn't ruthless enough. He wants to stay and joke around with Marcus and Paul.
Yep.

We should put him in the equipment shed when Cristiano arrives back at Carrington.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
If we didn't get an offer for him after that amazing loan spell he had at WH last season, we'll never manage to sell him. What are we thinking, are we going to renew his contract?
Gotta ProTEct tHe VaLUe innit

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
People say this but Solskjaer's got rid of a load of deadwood since he joined, Lingard will likely be joining that list within a year. I think he's more ruthless than people give him credit for.

Alemar

Good 8 minutes for Jesse today. It was important for him to get on the pitch for England - it’s been a while

Revan

Assumptionman
Utd will definitely extened his contract because Utd will never let him go for free.
Then a few years of wondering why we cannot get rid of him but Chelsea sold Xx for Yy millions. Source: Jones and Bailly

Noc-Z

ffs
People say this but Solskjaer's got rid of a load of deadwood since he joined, Lingard will likely be joining that list within a year. I think he's more ruthless than people give him credit for.
Well he did seem to get rid of Fellaini and Sanchez as soon as he could. But since then, we've kept on our books, Jones, Pereira, Mata, Lingard etc. But for some of them it might be easier said than done in terms of finding a buyer.

A 4 year contract for Jones in 2019. I just can't get my head around that!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Well he did seem to get rid of Fellaini and Sanchez as soon as he could. But since then, we've kept on our books, Jones, Pereira, Mata, Lingard etc. But for some of them it might be easier said than done in terms of finding a buyer.

I think you’re right in that we’re struggling to find buyers, we’ve loaned Pereira out twice and Lingard out once so based on that I think the club wants them out, I guess it just depends if club’s will match their salaries/our asking price. So far that’s apparently not happened.

Kostov

I think West Ham were not as stupid as some might think and were not willing to splash the money on someone who looked like a pub player for 3 years just before his latest purple patch.

Alemar

But since then, we've kept on our books, Jones, Pereira, Mata, Lingard etc. But for some of them it might be easier said than done in terms of finding a buyer.
There was a clear buyer for Sergio Romero (Everton, could pay a couple of mln even) - but we decided not to sell, but rather to keep him outside the first team and to pay his wages for nothing instead, and with his contract ending.

Same is true for Lingard now - we didn’t sell him, although he is certainly en route to having very limited game time this year (also with his contract ending, like in Romero case).

Same is also true for Mata - his contract is also ending, and he will likely play even less than Lingard. But we were not even trying to sell him

Josh 76

Lingard will play more minutes for England than Utd this year.
Get your head around that!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
There was a clear buyer for Sergio Romero (Everton, could pay a couple of mln even) - but we decided not to sell, but rather to keep him outside the first team and to pay his wages for nothing instead, and with his contract ending.

Same is true for Lingard now - we didn’t sell him, although he is certainly en route to having very limited game time this year (also with his contract ending, like in Romero case).

Same is also true for Mata - his contract is also ending, and he will likely play even less than Lingard. But we were not even trying to sell him
We had originally wanted 2m for Romero then when Everton became a serious option we decided to bump it up to 8m. We priced him out of a move and then ended up paying his wages. Totally shafted the player after everything he’d done for us

Strelok

Jones signed his new contract before Ole became the permanent manager.

Had we not extend Lingard's contract he'd walk on a free last June. Some may argue we should have let him. I'd agree with that but realistically that's not how we're run.

Pereira is currently on loan with Flamengo till June 2022 I think. Mata will leave by the end of this season but tbh imo we should have let him go.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He really thinks he’s a lot better than he is. Can’t wait for his inevitable shit performances and for him to end up at a mid table club at the end of his contract. The utter clown.
Utter clown for wanting to stay at the club he loves? fecking hell.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Utter clown for wanting to stay at the club he loves? fecking hell.
What? When its blatantly obvious that he's been out of favour for 3 years, he turns down the chance to join the team where he looked to have discovered some sort of form because what he think's he's good enough to get game time ahead of 7 other players? Yeah when you're that delusional it makes him a clown.

Unless we're supposed to support the fact that these players bloat up our wage bill whilst contributing feck all for years? Would that make me a better supporter?

Djemba-Djemba

I get that he's a Utd fan and it'd be hard to leave the club for him.

But I just think he's made a terrible decision, he's so far down the pecking order for any position. He's behind the likes of

Bruno
Pogba
Greenwood
Rashford
Sancho
Ronaldo
Cavani
Even Martial.

The only way I see him starting any games is if we get a lower league side in the cup or have some dead rubbers in the CL.

Idxomer

If the club renews him, I don't want to hear about Ole's culture change again.

Red_toad

The club is a shambles because Lingard has seemingly decided to arse around and pick his hole for a season instead of playing football?

Bizarre take.
Agreed, to blame the club for the players decision is just bizarre.

hobbers

He's made a shit decision for his football career. A season in the stands should be the nail in the coffin of his international career.

But we'll give him a new contract regardless because Ole is sentimental and the board will never learn.

Kag

He's made a shit decision for his football career. A season in the stands should be the nail in the coffin of his international career.

But we'll give him a new contract regardless because Ole is sentimental and the board will never learn.
Ole hasn’t started him in a league game for over twelve months and sent him on loan last season. What makes you think he’s so sentimental towards him?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Ole hasn’t started him in a league game for over twelve months and sent him on loan last season. What makes you think he’s so sentimental towards him?
He is confused with the meaning/concept of 'tough love'?

Status
Not open for further replies.