Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

Absolutely delighted for him.

If he can keep making a contribution like that from the bench then happy for him to be here.

mu4c_20le

Great squad player to have. Jessé will prove you all wrong and earn that contract before signing it.

devips

Lingard haters, don't give up yet. Your day too will come.

Meanwhile step back, so rest of us may feel happy.

Bobski

Never been a huge fan but fun to see him to do well just to annoy those who insist he is shit.

Jev

I'd start him over Sancho next game to be honest. Well-taken goal and a lively presence.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That 80m competition spurs him to up his game. Delighted for him. We need everyone to contribute this season, and then who knows. Maybe..

Strats

Do not like him at at all, been wanting him to leave for years and it will take time to be overturned. But if he consistency has a positive input the perception will change

edgecutter

One goal doesn't change my opinion of him. He will have purple patches, but you always know he will go back to the norm sooner or later.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Gotta say that's some goal. Excellent composure, touch and finish.

Beagle

He looked so relieved after the goal celebration. Very happy for him.

Winrar

On the road to redemption?

If he continues like this there will be a selection headache inbound for Ole... a really good problem to have.

Jibbs

I wish we start him every game along with Ronaldo. He will be huge this season.

Sylar

If he can contribute good on him. He did well when he came on as a sub. A nice finish to a lovely move

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Nice

lost7

So happy for him. Could be a very useful super sub this season

stu_1992

Great goal today. Right off the back of scoring for England. If he stays confident we could have a surprise decent contributer on our hands here. Would be great to see. The more productive attackers, the better.

redshaw

Good on him.

If we're to win a big trophy we'll need players like Jesse to come in and do well

Bobski

Much more talent around him now, meaning he can compliment the others rather than being expected to make things happen by himself, which is a much better fit for his skill-set. Pretty decent sub for me, as he can play across the front line, quick, mobile and presses hard.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Good finish! Typical placed finish on the inside of his foot across the keeper.

Andorra < Newcastle < ?

i wouldn’t be playing him instead of Sancho though. He drifts into similar areas but he’s another shooter. I think we should keep going with Sancho and his dribbling will cause problems.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Delighted for him to get a goal like that at Old Trafford after all his problems. He can be a good squad player for us, always good to have goals from the bench.

Walters_19_MuFc

Fantastic goal. So happy for him.

Until Rashford is back, i'd say he's back up to Greenwood and Sancho.

Hopefully, he'll get more game time because a confident Lingard is a bloody useful player.

Abraxas

I think he's always going to do better off the left or centrally where possible. I just don't think he's the type of player to play on the right and go on the outside and that's where a lot of the problems were when he was a regular. If he plays in roles that suit him he'll probably be useful at times this season.

Michael T

What an achievement from Jesse, beating his demons to stay at the club he loves; if indeed that's his dream.
If it is, and the fantastic form continues, I for one would be happy if we extend his contract. After all, he's one of our own and if he plays his part in winning us silverware, his comeback story will become another little part of the United story and for me that's a big part of what makes this club so incredibly special.

El Zoido

Happy for him, he’s a great professional and applies himself superbly. People have questioned his ability at times, but he’s generally very well liked on a personal level and you can’t question his work rate. His goal today was excellent.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Took his goal really well. Hopefully he'll prove a very useful squad player this season. Whilst I also hope we don't offer him some crazy contract.

Devil may care

I still think he should have went in the summer but he took his goal well today, much too soon for the hype, we've been here before with Jesse, just like Sancho being written off after 2 games is silly.

Bondi77

Great goal and it could be a big season coming off the bench for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.