4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

IhabX7

Most games are lost because of mistakes mate, possibly every game.

The pass he played was brainless in any context. Look I'm not going to give him shit for making a mistake all players do it.

But this blaming everyone else for a particular player's mistake bullshit needs to stop.
Again, a game like this, against a team that looked so below average after Ronaldo scored, shouldn’t be decided on a single mistake. Of course that was the case because we tried to scrape a draw. Unbelievable really.

BerryBerryShrew

Some bad takes in here.

He made a mistake in a match in which we made many. I've never seen him do something like that before. He's coming off a great season and scored a great goal last weekend. Shit happens. If it happens repeatedly then we have a problem.

This remains a tissue soft group so if we can't still top it after giving up 3 points on the opening day then we don't deserve to be in it.

Redlyn

He made a bad error but not going to scapegoat him for what was shambles all through. Shit happens. But seriously why is he still here. He should have gone seasons ago. Greenwood could have come on for instance. There's just no place/need for him.

Sylar

It really really was a bad backpass :lol: I mean bad in terms of the direction, and pace, made it such a perfect assist. It was intended for DDG, then it was bad due to the direction and pace. To get both wrong is quite something.

He will be gutted no doubt.

manunited1919

Wanted the guy gone as much as anyone else, but the only reason he was playing that deep was the genius idea of replacing Fred with Martial
He just couldn’t replace Lindgard with Martial. That should have been the move after putting Lindgard (mr weak mentality) into this game.

NK86

Some bad takes in here.

He made a mistake in a match in which we made many. I've never seen him do something like that before. He's coming off a great season and scored a great goal last weekend. Shit happens. If it happens repeatedly then we have a problem.

This remains a tissue soft group so if we can't still top it after giving up 3 points on the opening day then we don't deserve to be in it.
Top the group? I think many are just hoping we get through to the knock out stages at this point.

The point is not just the mistake. He has no business playing for United in 2021. Greenwood has been in great form and is already a much better forward than Jesse has and can ever be. Why on Earth is Ole subbing Jesse on? Almost feels like we are giving him minutes to make him sign a new deal. Cannot imagine a club like United is offering a new contract to a player like Lingard.

Red Stone

He's coming off a great season
... for a team that could sit back and play to his strengths. We're not that team. And I don't think Jesse has the mentality to play for us either. West Ham is his level.

It's not as if this is the first time Lingard has played a terrible game for us. His bad games outweight the good quite significantly and he's turning 29 in three months. It's time to pull the plug.

manunited1919

It really really was a bad backpass :lol: I mean bad in terms of the direction, and pace, made it such a perfect assist. It was intended for DDG, then it was bad due to the direction and pace. To get both wrong is quite something.

He would have put DDG in a tough spot too.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The sooner Rashford and Cavani are back, the better. This waster shouldn't even make the bench.

eire-red

3-1 up at home to Newcastle and cruising is his level. He can come in and give a player a rest and maybe bag a goal or an assist.

Away in the CL, when the crowd is against you, and the game is in the melting pot, I don't know why Ole brought him on to play CF when you have Greenwood on the bench. Someone who can actually get between the lines, hold onto the ball and give us a threat and an outlet.

I really don't know why he's still at the club, and it truly is annoying how many chances this guy has had to redeem himself.

Feel sorry for him though. You just know the amount and nature of the abuse he's going to get tonight.

Denis79

Was a bad mistake but the way we set up after we went down to 10 men we never looked like anything but losing the game.

stevoc

Again, a game like this, against a team that looked so below average after Ronaldo scored, shouldn’t be decided on a single mistake.
Again most games are decided on a single mistake.

Of course that was the case because we tried to scrape a draw. Unbelievable really.
No we lost because a player decided to play a lazy back pass into his own box to no one in particular in the 95th minute. Mistakes happen we move on.

Now you can say we shouldn't have went defensive and/or go for a draw and I'd probably agree but we were seconds away from executing that plan successfully, this isn't the thread for moaning about that though. This is the Lingard performance thread, not the Solskjaer performance thread or the Post match thread.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Scores for England, scores for us, comes on for an immobile Ronaldo with 20mins to go and just maybe we're thinking, it might have been clever keeping him.

Then that happens

:lol:

But really :mad::mad:

always_hoping

United for years have been a error prone team giving the opposition total gifts of goals but tonight was the worse of the lot in the terms of the timing of the error.

Strats

It was a remarkably shite pass. Wasn't even close to De Gea. How can you not look up before passing it back to the keeper, especially in the 95th minute?

Schoolboy stuff

Redcy

I’m not going to scapegoat the lad for a stupid mistake. People asking why he gets game time are missing the obvious reason, we want him to sign his new contract we just offered him to retain his value. He will only do that if he thinks he will get game time. Hence lingard will get more minutes from ole, in fact expect minutes if not this weekend, the game after as he won’t want to show a lack of faith in Jesse, and destroy his confidence

manunited1919

3-1 up at home to Newcastle and cruising is his level. He can come in and give a player a rest and maybe bag a goal or an assist.

Away in the CL, when the crowd is against you, and the game is in the melting pot, I don't know why Ole brought him on to play CF when you have Greenwood on the bench. Someone who can actually get between the lines, hold onto the ball and give us a threat and an outlet.

I really don't know why he's still at the club, and it truly is annoying how many chances this guy has had to redeem himself.

Feel sorry for him though. You just know the amount and nature of the abuse he's going to get tonight.
Well, he has been demanding playing time, and Ole has a weak spot for him. The sooner he is out of the club, the better.

manunited1919

It was a remarkably shite pass. Wasn't even close to De Gea. How can you not look up before passing it back to the keeper, especially in the 95th minute?

Schoolboy stuff
If my memore serves me, it’s the second time he does one of those?

BerryBerryShrew

Top the group? I think many are just hoping we get through to the knock out stages at this point.

The point is not just the mistake. He has no business playing for United in 2021. Greenwood has been in great form and is already a much better forward than Jesse has and can ever be. Why on Earth is Ole subbing Jesse on? Almost feels like we are giving him minutes to make him sign a new deal. Cannot imagine a club like United is offering a new contract to a player like Lingard.
If a player is good enough to be the star man for a side in the top 6 then he's good enough to be a squad player for a side in the top 2 in my opinion.

But even leaving that aside, judging him on what happened tonight is a bit unfair. It was a one off error of judgement from a guy who found himself in an unfamiliar position. I think some of the vitriol in this thread is a bit uncalled for in that respect.

Silas

Don't even know why he came on. Greenwood was right there.

el3mel

It's kinda hilarious how the pass is so flawless. Almost as if Lingard really meant that assist. The striker also saw it coming and moved to receive it perfectly. Great goal. :lol:

IhabX7

Again most games are decided on a single mistake.

No we lost because a player decided to play a lazy back pass into his own box to no one in particular in the 95th minute. Mistakes happen we move on.

Now you can say we shouldn't have went defensive and/or go for a draw and I'd probably agree but we were seconds away from executing that plan successfully, this isn't the thread for moaning about that though. This is the Lingard performance thread, not the Solskjaer performance thread or the Post match thread.
Fair enough. It was a bad lapse in concentration, horrific for him really.

Tony247

It would be interesting to see if he plays when chips are down, and then see how he performs.

If he plays like last game then for me it's okay if he stays. We need depth.
Well, that's what I said after the last game.

So, he needs to move on.

manunited1919

Redcafe mods should just permanently shut down this thread. What’s the point, really?

NK86

If a player is good enough to be the star man for a side in the top 6 then he's good enough to be a squad player for a side in the top 2 in my opinion.

But even leaving that aside, judging him on what happened tonight is a bit unfair. It was a one off error of judgement from a guy who found himself in an unfamiliar position. I think some of the vitriol in this thread is a bit uncalled for in that respect.
I never mentioned I am basing my opinion of him on that mistake. That can happen to anyone unfortunately. Though it showed a clear lack of common sense and also understanding of the situation as we only had 30 secs to run down. A mighty boot upfield was all that was needed.

He is just an awful player for us. West Ham is his level and suits his abilities more.

redshaw

The sad thing is Lingard in his career has been great at getting onto the end of loose back passes, what's he's doing that for in the very last few seconds is really poor. He shouldn't be on the pitch in that area though, I feel Ole sunk the game taking Fred off. We have very few midfielders and he takes off the one we had to completely unbalance the team.

I hope he can redeem himself in future games but he's still done nothing yet to think he's worth giving minutes in important games at crucial times.

SER19

Honestly why is this guy still at the club. A truly mediocre player of a rubbish age to ever look to sell if we renew him, nowhere close to champions league level and only serves to obstruct a youth players minutes. An immensely unlikeable guy to boot

LJJT

He’s made a mistake. It’s early on, it’s not the end of the world. He’s a good player and a good lad. He deserves far more support and game time than Donny but then we like our new toys don’t we. If donny did that tonight it would be Oles fault for not playing him enough

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
When you come in to a game like that where we're under the cosh, your one job is really just not do something incredibly stupid or shit and keep things together.

It was just a mistake but who the feck does a back pass like that there?

Status
Not open for further replies.