4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yep and didn't have any awareness of what was around him. Was always looking centrally and ignored the overlap, completely played into West ham defenders hands.
That's kind of his game though. It's why anyone who thinks he should be around our first XI is dead wrong, because his best attributes are his ability to find space and having a knack for scoring great goals. He is pretty poor creatively and on the ball though, which means he's more useful to bring on against tired legs like he did on the weekend when more space and heavy defenders won't be willing to track him as aggressively

Kag

His decision-making was dreadful. At least he’s trying to do things, however. The reason Lingard was out on his arse in the first place was because he stopped taking responsibility for creating chances and scoring goals. He’s doing that again so it’s difficult to be too annoyed when things don’t always come off.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That's kind of his game though. It's why anyone who thinks he should be around our first XI is dead wrong, because his best attributes are his ability to find space and having a knack for scoring great goals. He is pretty poor creatively and on the ball though, which means he's more useful to bring on against tired legs like he did on the weekend when more space and heavy defenders won't be willing to track him as aggressively
Agreed, I think he's backed the wrong horse and should have stayed at West Ham. He's only ever going to be a sub, but I'm happy with that, not sure he will be.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
At least he is trying now, he is making runs, having a crack instead of hiding. Not too bad tonight

RedDevilRoshi

He did well tonight but prefer him as an impact sub.

He was greedy at times but I’d prefer him being greedy and involved rather than hiding behind the opposition like Martial was doing all night.

Devil may care

Yep and didn't have any awareness of what was around him. Was always looking centrally and ignored the overlap, completely played into West ham defenders hands.
That's the thing with Lingard, he's better in the #10 role against teams where it's more like a SS role and he can run in behind off the striker, not against a low block where he needs to craft openings, which is when he starts taking pot shots.

captaincantona

Still our best attacker today.
Not sure what game you were watching...literally did nothing but shoot. Poor decisions on the ball. Before he went off we were forcing the issue and losing the ball needlessly. We looked instantly more dangerous when he was replaced and carried a proper threat in the last 20.

sad thing is, if one of those shots goes in, the rest of his really ordinary performance gets forgotten.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That's the thing with Lingard, he's better in the #10 role against teams where it's more like a SS role and he can run in behind off the striker, not against a low block where he needs to craft openings, which is when he starts taking pot shots.
Yeah, and last night we didn't have that striker. Heck I'd go as far to say we didn't have a striker at all.

Andersons Dietician

Started off the game brightly then just kind of dropped off. Doing silly things channeling his inner Rashford and Bruno

Drizzle

He's generally a slightly above average player with a penchant for big moments. When those big moments aren't coming then you realise how limited he is. He did OK last night but lacked intelligence in his decision making and he simply doesn't have the skills or pace to worry defenders.

He's been at the club for many years so we have a large body of evidence here. Apart from a few streaky months here and there, he's mostly been unremarkable.

Impact sub, nothing more. I hope we don't give him an expensive contract, but it's coming isn't it?

M Bison

Supports
York City
Was impressed by him, thought he did well. Had the bit between his teeth and gave everything and produced a few decent moments. Looking like he'll be a decent part of the squad this year.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Was impressed by him, thought he did well. Had the bit between his teeth and gave everything and produced a few decent moments. Looking like he'll be a decent part of the squad this year.
I thought he was the best of our front three and shouldn’t have been subbed off. Generally looks very lively right now, confident and hungry to succeed. Can’t say the same about Martial (hunger) and Sancho (confidence).

Pickle85

I thought he was better than most on our side. Lively, wanted the ball and looked like one of the few capable of changing the game. Took on a couple of silly shots but you can't really blame him after the weekend.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I thought he did pretty well but started going for the Hollywood option a bit too often in the second half. He should've tried slipping in Greenwood for that chance he shot before his substitution.

Redcy

Going to give him some credit here, and give him a few passes (which oddly is what he could do with giving out more often).

Thought he worked hard, gave everything when others really weren't. Wasn't helped at all by a lack of movement from Martial, this is not me just digging out Tony, but Lingard is not a creative midfielder, he is good at using his energy to get in and around the box and making darting runs into the box. However to do that you have to have your striker creating space for you, or your striker offering an option to play into so you can play off him. Without that Lingard was resorting to firing balls in to the goal mouth which is not ideal, and yes he made some poor decisions, but that is Lingards game, and always will be. Not good enough for us as first 14 player, and you need someone providing for him around the box.

acnumber9

Did well for the little time he got. He probably deserves to start but it’s hard to get him in the team.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He deserves to be starting games right now

He does more in these 5 minute cameos then most of our players do in 90

Status
Not open for further replies.