4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Played really well tonight. Don't understand the complaints.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Good start to the season by a 'pub player' esp seeing how little he plays. Say what you like but with our current attackers' form he deserves first eleven for a couple of games.

If you take Jesse’s form from the start of his loan until now and compare him to the rest of our squad, surely that would make him one of our best players?

During that time period, obviously.

GazTheLegend

Good start to the season by a 'pub player' esp seeing how little he plays. Say what you like but with our current attackers' form he deserves first eleven for a couple of games.
Prefer him off the bench. Much less pressure for him too, and he can run tired defences legs off as we saw today. Absolutely worth it at our club but mainly from the bench IMO, and there's no shame in that at all

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I was wrong about him. Do I want him to start over Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood week in, week out? Probably not, but I'm quite happy to extend with him and keep him in our squad.

No contest between him on one hand and Martial, Mata, James, etc on the other.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Incredibly intelligent of him to have the awareness and pass the ball to Ronaldo . Did not expect that from him at all

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Should probably be starting on current form. I’d be tempted to start both him and Cavani next game just to get some more pressing and intensity in the side

Red00012

Incredibly intelligent of him to have the awareness and pass the ball to Ronaldo . Did not expect that from him at all
I would imagine there’s a certain player near him shouting to square it :D

peridigm

Should probably be starting on current form. I’d be tempted to start both him and Cavani next game just to get some more pressing and intensity in the side
Nah. Keep the hunger alive. Super sub is best for now. Have to give it to him though. Scored and assisted in his appearances as well as one for the other side.

EtH

Happy for him but some serious overreactions in here. He’s not deserving of a start for us in the league with this squad. Ever.

Dante

Average bang
He cost us 1 point against Young Boys, but won us 2 points against Villareal. His CL contribution balance is very much in the black.

LARulz

He deserves a start and he doesn't want to be a sub hence why he wants to leave. You can't be having his contribution and not get rewarded with a start, what's the incentive

GueRed

A hungry, at it, Jesse Lingard is a great asset to have to come off the bench.

A Super-sub...

Likewise Cavani

JoaquinJoaquin

Who is this Lingard?

Actually become a very valuable squad asset now. And I was one of his biggest critics 2 years ago.

van Nistelrooy

Running around like a headless chicken worked in our favour last night.

It does not mean he deserves to start. We're not dropping Bruno and he certainly can't play on the wing.

Redcy

These performances show exactly the issue Jesse has got by staying at United. He is not good enough to get into the team as a starter as a 10, you cannot replace Bruno with Lingard, he doesnt have the creativity, passing or shooting against the kind of team tactics we play against. He can't play on the wing, he cant play as a number 8. So his opportunities are going to be coming off the bench or in lesser cups/competitions. As I said before he should not be happy with that, and clearly he isn't, anyone suggesting he gets in ahead of Bruno is off their trolley..

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Prefer him off the bench. Much less pressure for him too, and he can run tired defences legs off as we saw today. Absolutely worth it at our club but mainly from the bench IMO, and there's no shame in that at all
Could be better I guess. Just meant he merits playing time based on actual input.

Ananke

Sorry but ANY player who is consistently impacting the game in a positive direction deserves to be started at some point. Whether that's in a lesser important game or a crucial game, that's up for debate. If you're playing well and affecting results to swing in your teams favor over a prolonged period of time, you deserve a starting position eventually. Anyone arguing with that is an imbecile imo.

Every player wants to (and should want to) be in that starting 11. The only way to push your way in is by playing well, getting assists, goals, clean sheets and putting a performance in for all to see. There's certain players who are best coming off the bench, we've had many over the years, but they still should get their chance to shine in the starting 11. You need to keep that dressing room happy.

If Jesse keeps this up, which is the real challenge, there should be no argument for why he doesn't get into the first eleven at some point. Right now he's still in the middle of pushing for it, in my opinion.

Lyng

And immediately made himself as small as possible to not get in the way of the shot. Very fast thinking.

Overall his impact was immediately felt when he came on.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Seems works really well with Ronaldo. Also has been in great form since his loan move to West Ham. I’d start him ahead of Sancho for sure.

United in sin

Running around like a headless chicken worked in our favour last night.

It does not mean he deserves to start. We're not dropping Bruno and he certainly can't play on the wing.
These performances show exactly the issue Jesse has got by staying at United. He is not good enough to get into the team as a starter as a 10, you cannot replace Bruno with Lingard, he doesnt have the creativity, passing or shooting against the kind of team tactics we play against. He can't play on the wing, he cant play as a number 8.
Some of his hear performances have come playing on the wings, LW in particular. It's where he played when he first played when LVG dropped Depay

Status
Not open for further replies.