4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinJoaquin

I remember. But you didn't descend to the level some did. We just had different opinions and expressed them respectfully. I think I even gave up when there were better options than before.
Great that it has come full circle and we can both enjoy his progress now. The loan spell seems to of worked wonders for him.

FerociousCorgis

feel like people are overrating his contributions a bit out of desperation to feel vindicated on their Jesse faith. He came on and was livelyish. Had some decent moments. Im fairly sure he meant to poke that over but ronaldo still had a lot to do (and honestly think the keeper should be saving that shot considering the angle). Think still no way he should be starting and seems to be fine with being one of the subs coming on. Think him being able to come on against tired legs can help him make an impact

keener

I have to say that I'm excited to see Jessie on the field. He'd be ahead of Sancho on my list as well.

He is lively. He does link up well with our attackers. He has pace. I like having him as an option and hope he stays consistent or even takes that next step as he did at West Ham last year.

Bobski

feel like people are overrating his contributions a bit out of desperation to feel vindicated on their Jesse faith. He came on and was livelyish. Had some decent moments. Im fairly sure he meant to poke that over but ronaldo still had a lot to do (and honestly think the keeper should be saving that shot considering the angle). Think still no way he should be starting and seems to be fine with being one of the subs coming on. Think him being able to come on against tired legs can help him make an impact
He is consistently making an impact from the bench, and has been one of the most productive attacking midfielders in the country this year, starting or coming off the bench.

We have people demanding Donny start because of a 6/10 performance against West Ham's B Team, in a match we lost, when he was at least partially responsible for the goal, but was also his best performance for the club.

FerociousCorgis

He is consistently making an impact from the bench, and has been one of the most productive attacking midfielders in the country this year, starting or coming off the bench.

We have people demanding Donny start because of a 6/10 performance against West Ham's B Team, in a match we lost, when he was at least partially responsible for the goal, but was also his best performance for the club.
cant really compare the two when they play vastly different positions. People are calling for donny compared to fred/mctominay. Who you sliding out for lingard? And easy on the consistently. He had a great shot for a goal i remember, and then a nice touch pass out here for ronaldo to shoot. Overall he isnt exactly driving play when he is out there. He has been a bit better than before he left on loan so that is at least good. Im still starting either cavani/rooney up top, bruno still prob gets his random position behind/right by the striker/wherever he ends up. RW i would still rather have greenwood/sancho. LW you could maybe argue giving him a chance but in reality prob should put ronaldo there a bit and cavani a run up top. Plus sancho can play there and rashford hopefully will be back soon.

As i said it seems like coming on as a sub is working for lingard. Just continue doing that and hope we get the lingard sub from last game and not the lingard sub that cost us against young boys.

Redcy

Some of his hear performances have come playing on the wings, LW in particular. It's where he played when he first played when LVG dropped Depay
I am aware of that, but there is no way Jesse is playing out on the wing anymore. In fact if we do thats worse than playing in place of Bruno

SoCross

Deserves to start now in one of the three positions behind Ronaldo.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Amazing summar that we got both Messi and Ronaldo.

This guy is creating chances, scoring goals and simply just playing with another level of confidence than Sancho. Should start next game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's in better form than Sancho right now and should be ahead of him in the pecking order IMO.
He doesn't actually play on the right though does he?

All his goals/assists either come through the middle of the pitch or from the left. It's just throwing another player into an already crowded area.

Redcy

People frustrated with Sancho and Greenwood are in for a world of pain when Lingard plays out wide, no pace, can't beat a man, can't cross, poor at passing through lines.

MattofManchester

He had similar form under Mourinho.

Call me cynical but I just think he's having a good patch similar to that, but will fall off eventually.

There's a reason hes considered a decent option for mid-table.

United in sin

He doesn't actually play on the right though does he?

All his goals/assists either come through the middle of the pitch or from the left. It's just throwing another player into an already crowded area.
He's played across all positions in a front three for us but yes he's best suited coming from the left if played on the wings. Sancho is now a LW as it appears Solskjaer is content with Greenwood on the right due to his form

It's absolutely not. It's also a myth that this is some sort of early season meltdown. Ole has shown no signs of learning in 3 years.
I agree with this
People frustrated with Sancho and Greenwood are in for a world of pain when Lingard plays out wide, no pace, can't beat a man, can't cross, poor at passing through lines.
Dribbling is one of Lingard's strengths and he's no slouch. He's a tricky player to come up against because he drifts into dangerous pockets of space and knows how to use his agility and speed to evade markers. Think of his solo goal against Liecester in the community shield. He's deceptively quick. Your memory eludes you or you're making things up

Redcy

I’m not saying he has no acceleration, and I have posted elsewhere, his positional sense is good and his biggest strength. However he is not going to drive at players or beat players with dribbling skill, he is good at evading players or in close quarters, where he can twist and turn. Having no pace is not the same as lack of acceleration to break into the box.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He’s as quick as Sancho

but, he should never be played wide

Idxomer

Dribbling is one of Lingard's strengths and he's no slouch. He's a tricky player to come up against because he drifts into dangerous pockets of space and knows how to use his agility and speed to evade markers. Think of his solo goal against Liecester in the community shield. He's deceptively quick. Your memory eludes you or you're making things up
All that might be true but he's still not a player who's very useful as a winger.

Jacob

I think MS may sit this one out.

DD
AW, RV, VL, AT
SM, FR
JL, BF, PP
CR
Would like to see PP benched as well. Maybe give JL the nod, or JS.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I know Martial scored but Martial wasn't fit enough to play full 90 mins today and Im sure Lingard would be fit enough to play longer than Martial today and may be the result would be different. We wasted our subs.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Exciting day!!

Company Results (links open in a new window)
Date(document was filed at Companies House)Description(of the document filed at Companies House)View / Download(PDF file, link opens in new window)
07 Oct 2021Micro company accountsmade up to 31 January 2021
This document is being processed and will be available in 10 days.

The JLingz micro company accounts will be available.

I know that many fans who are absolutely livid that he focuses so much time and energy on his brand will take a look and figure out exactly how much time is dedicated by Jesse Lingard personally in his micro company

This was a hot button topic in 2019, I look forward to revisiting the subject.

Dve

Disappointing tonight, it has to be said. If he wants to become a regular of United and for England, he must be able to influence a game against Andorra more than he did.

Last edited:
Disappointing tonight, it has to be said. If we wants to become a regular of United and for England, he must be able to influence a game against Andorra more than he did.
Not sure why people would expect more from him.

Jesse has always been the type of player who can have a couple of great games and score goals but then not do anything for literally years. This is why he should be nowhere near United.

Dve

Not sure why people would expect more from him.

Jesse has always been the type of player who can have a couple of great games and score goals but then not do anything for literally years. This is why he should be nowhere near United.
That´s taking it a bit far. He had more than a couple of good games for West Ham and he´s been decent for England as well, and also good in his cameos for us this season. People would be right to expect more.

No need for that. I was hoping for more, and I wanted him to do well, so I was disappointed. You were not, cause you expected him to be bad. A bit negative, imo, but up to you.
I'm not positive or negative about Lingard. It's just a fact that he's never had the consistency required. I don't think anyone claims he's not reached high levels in one off games or short runs.

Irwin99

It's interesting to hear he got on well with Jose, a man notorious for falling out with players. Maybe they'll link up again in Rome if he leaves?

lex talionis

It's interesting to hear he got on well with Jose, a man notorious for falling out with players. Maybe they'll link up again in Rome if he leaves?
A very good idea. Lingard can't be counted on to deliver consistently high level performances in the PL, at least not for a club like United which has vastly higher expectations than West Ham.

Leicester 4:2 Man Utd

DutchCruijff

Ole has cost us £25m+ here.

Lingard, likely, won't sign a new contract so he'll be off for free.

West Ham, and a host of other clubs, were after him this summer. Early reports indicated it was Lingard who wanted to "fight for his place" but it emerged that Ole said no to any interest because he saw him as a "vital part" of the team.

That's £25m+ less for a CDM or a RB.

United in sin

Ole has cost us £25m+ here.

Lingard, likely, won't sign a new contract so he'll be off for free.

West Ham, and a host of other clubs, were after him this summer. Early reports indicated it was Lingard who wanted to "fight for his place" but it emerged that Ole said no to any interest because he saw him as a "vital part" of the team.

That's £25m+ less for a CDM or a RB.
I think Lingard will sign a new deal. Solskjaer's own future at the club is the main focus right now. Lingard's United career may lie in the hands of another manager come January

red4ever 79

I think Lingard will sign a new deal. Solskjaer's own future at the club is the main focus right now. Lingard's United career may lie in the hands of another manager come January
It wouldnt matter who would manage us, Ljngard isn't starting here. Once all the forwards are fit he will also find his bench time further limited. Martial and Cavani were not available on Sat

hobbers

The JLingz micro company accounts will be available.

I know that many fans who are absolutely livid that he focuses so much time and energy on his brand will take a look and figure out exactly how much time is dedicated by Jesse Lingard personally in his micro company
Still £250k out of pocket by the looks.

Thiagoal

Fair response. I wish he’d added that it’s not his fault Ole is a fecking clown!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.