Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I never expected anything other than him leaving on a free and banking a big contract and signing on fee. Same as Pogba. Playing us.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Maybe Bling-gard should have played more but he is not really Utd standard. What's the point of keeping him as back-up option when there are promising young prospects who can fill that role, not to mention Mata and Van De Beek. Far to many players already. Bye bye Jesse.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Another one of Ole's failings. What exactly was the point of keeping Lingard if he wasn't planning on using him? Lingard, Mata, jones should've all been shipped out.

DomM

I actually think Lingard would do a decent job as a winger, fast, plenty of energy, fairly skillful on the ball, would track back to help the FB, surprised OGS has never tried him there, but then again ....

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I actually think Lingard would do a decent job as a winger, fast, plenty of energy, fairly skillful on the ball, would track back to help the FB, surprised OGS has never tried him there, but then again ....
He's been tried out wide, he sucked donkey balls.

united for life

I cannot make sense of what Ole says as his actions do not reflect his words.
He has stated that he should have rested Bruno on occasion last season and yet this season he is not playing as well and IMO Lingard on the back of his form last season would have been ideal to at least get the last half hour in games in his place.
Some have whinged about the lack of squad depth and yet Jesse would be the best backup option if Bruno was injured for a period so I can see why Ole would have kept him this season.
spot on. Our main issues last season was lack of depth. We’ve strengthened this year but still Ole doesn’t rotate…

United in sin

He's been tried out wide, he sucked donkey balls.
He started his senior career proper at United as a winger, dislodging Memphis from the starting lineup under LVG. That doesn't include his debut at RWB where he got injured

He didn't 'suck donkey balls'. 19 (6 from LW, 13 from RW) of his 35 goals for United have come from the wings, and this includes 2 goals against Chelsea and 2 against Liecester.

Matt851

I never expected anything other than him leaving on a free and banking a big contract and signing on fee. Same as Pogba. Playing us.
The only way Jesse was ever going to sign a new contract was if he was getting regular football. Even without ronaldo its hard to see jesse playing regularly enough for him to want to stay so it was bizarre to keep him especially when we apparently needed to raise funds to buy a midfielder. He might have been eager to stay but if ole had made clear he wasn't in his plans this year I am sure he would have accepted a transfer

Ole seems desperate to keep a large squad despite only ever planning to play a few players from it

All in all this club is a basket case and all the stuff about transfers etc improving under ole is nonsense

Idxomer

He started his senior career proper at United as a winger, dislodging Memphis from the starting lineup under LVG. That doesn't include his debut at RWB where he got injured

He didn't 'suck donkey balls'. 19 (6 from LW, 13 from RW) of his 35 goals for United have come from the wings, and this includes 2 goals against Chelsea and 2 against Liecester.
These 4 goals all came from the middle.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

I grew up watching giggs Sharpe and kanchelskis, for what I consider a utd winger, he sucked donkey balls.

Kag

In the mean time Ole in until forever ? Let’s appoint him as manager for life. Ole has talked shite about giving him more chances. He took his chances well this season, and our great manager still play his golden boys regardless how shite they are.
Who said that? Ole, sadly, should have been relieved of his duties by now, but that’s another argument altogether. This doesn’t neglect the fact that Lingard is a parasite who has no interest in playing football, and every interest in using his friends in the media in order to cover his terrible form through the lens of mental health. It was horribly crass.

NewDawnFades

Who said that? Ole, sadly, should have been relieved of his duties by now, but that’s another argument altogether. This doesn’t neglect the fact that Lingard is a parasite who has no interest in playing football, and every interest in using his friends in the media in order to cover his terrible form through the lens of mental health. It was horribly crass.
Did you watch him last season? On every point that is absolute nonsense.

United in sin

I grew up watching giggs Sharpe and kanchelskis, for what I consider a utd winger, he sucked donkey balls.
Those days are gone. Lingard did well in a position not natural to him. To label his output as donkey balls is just downright wrong, not factual, but we don't have to agree.

izec

The hoarder never wanted to sell him. If he could have a squad of 50 players, he would keep them all.

Watford 4:1 Man Utd

Forgetting for a moment that he's not good enough, if you think he might make a difference why bring him on with about 1 minute to go?

eire-red

Forgetting for a moment that he's not good enough, if you think he might make a difference why bring him on with about 1 minute to go?
I'm still trying to work out why he didn't come on and Martial did instead? Maybe he isn't good enough, but he's had some positive contributions this season and looked like a different player with West Ham last season.

You have two logical options here: Try and integrate him into the squad after a successful loan spell, or sell when his stock was high. Instead, we play him for 5 minutes here and there, and gain literally minimal benefit from him being at the club.

Lingard, Martial and Mata. We could have sold those three and bought a competent midfielder in the summer. I just don't understand.

AshRK

I seriously hope the club don't do something stupid and offer him a contract. Hope he is off in January itself. Couldn't care less where he goes.

Based Adnan

96th min with multiple people in the box and he tries to take on his man and loses it. Chelsea then nearly scored of course.

Outside of that he ran around a bit but barely got on the ball. Poor cameo.

mu4c_20le

Fred should have played him on, he made the run. Other than that, uneventful cameo

AshRK

Why is he still being played. Average footballer who we are begging to stay.

Kag

Was it a 3v2 in the box in the last seconds and he just walks into a Chelsea player? He will be no loss when leaves.
Indeed. A parasite sucking onto the lifeblood of the club. The sooner he fecks off to Newcastle for his cash the better; the league will forget all about him.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Pointless sub in the circumstances. You want a player that can actually hold the ball and feed off the scraps given to him. He's not that player at all. Poor decision to not cross the ball with Ronaldo running in the box at the end too.

TheMitz

Disappointed to see him on the bench, then coming on today. After posting the pic of himself in the WH shirt shouldn't be in the squad again.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Well he went around the defender, but I think the chance was there

Would have to be the most ridiculously well weighted pass for that to be a chance and Lingard would have to take his first touch away from goal.

We just need to get the real Jesse back not the fake Jesse. The Jesse who plays with a :) and not with a :mad:

Another few years and he'll be good.

united for life

He came on in what, the 80th minute when we were up and trying to defend our win. Can’t judge him. But I think he should stay. We need him for the long season.

stw2022

When he was storming forward with the ball but was so far ahead of teammates rather than try and hold the ball up and wait could support he pretty much just passed it to their goalkeeper

hobbers

He came on in what, the 80th minute when we were up and trying to defend our win. Can’t judge him. But I think he should stay. We need him for the long season.
We don't really.

Don't get me wrong I'd rather see Mata and Martial leave in January, but Lingard is not worth any sort of contract. Anything we've offered him is already embarrassing from the club's point of view.

stevoc

Doubt he'd agree to leave for a fee in January when he can get a fat singing on bonus somewhere in June.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeh. Fergie said he'd come good when he reaches 24 y.o. Still plenty of time.

Bwuk

We don’t need him. He’s blocking pathways for Hannibal, Elanga, Amad etc. If he’s not renewing he shouldn’t be getting minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.