4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

We can let them leave for free thats a fact and we didnt with Lingard, Mata, Bailly list goes on
How exactly could we have let Lingard leave for free?

His contract hasn't expired yet, are you suggesting the club should have paid up last 12 months of his contract and just told him to leave?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How exactly could we have let Lingard leave for free?

His contract hasn't expired yet, are you suggesting the club should have paid up last 12 months of his contract and just told him to leave?
No I'm suggesting he shouldn't have been given a new deal when he was clearly not up to standard, he should have been let go ages ago.
Just like Mata, and Bailly

caid

Exactly who stood in the way of us getting rid of Lingard in August?
Probably no one but telling everyone that were desperate to be rid of him probably isn't a great sales pitch. Not a very diplomatic or classy approach either. Solskjaer gave the boring, professional answer every time, in every subject. Lingard was never going to be the exception

lex talionis

Probably no one but telling everyone that were desperate to be rid of him probably isn't a great sales pitch. Not a very diplomatic or classy approach either. Solskjaer gave the boring, professional answer every time, in every subject. Lingard was never going to be the exception
Weren’t West Ham desperate to sign him?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Agree entirely, though I must confess that I am petty enough to get a little riled by it :lol:.
I choose not to be tbh, I feel like this set of players aren't worth getting worked up over. There are so many players I dislike in this team, I have decided to distance myself a little bit for my sanity :wenger:

Man Utd 1:0 Aston Villa

Based Adnan

Guys been a cheerleader for West Ham on social media for the last few weeks and will leave the club this month or in the summer yet still plays. What kind of message does that send out?

Bobski

Should have played more this year, unlike some other more popular guy, he actually makes an impact off the bench.

mu4c_20le

Guys been a cheerleader for West Ham on social media for the last few weeks and will leave the club this month or in the summer yet still plays. What kind of message does that send out?
That he's still fit and healthy ?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Don't like him and want him gone but at least offered something, that moment where he kept the ball put on the right was :drool:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His PR leaks working a treat again as he's managed to find his way back into the team. We shouldn't be wasting another minute on him, we're just keeping someone else's player match sharp.

Remember the geese

Nothing personal against Lingard, but I'd like there to be a club policy of not wasting minutes on players who don't want to be here/are in the last year of their contract.

stevoc

No I'm suggesting he shouldn't have been given a new deal when he was clearly not up to standard, he should have been let go ages ago.
Just like Mata, and Bailly
While I don't disagree all 3 should have been moved on years ago, to be fair to the club in this instance Lingard signed his current deal back in 2017 during his best period for United. The problem United created here is he hasn't really been any good since 2017 and despite barely playing for over 2 years now Lingard doesn't seem too keen to move on to somewhere he will play.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Honestly, I always thought him and Fred would be RR favourite boys. Those two are known with their work rate and pressing. But Lingard doesn't seem to be a favourable option to start, is it because his contract situation that RR is being told not to start Lingard until he signs a new contract?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Nothing personal against Lingard, but I'd like there to be a club policy of not wasting minutes on players who don't want to be here/are in the last year of their contract.
Our treatment of him this season has been a bit bizarre.

- We don't sell him in the summer and Ole makes noises about him having a future with us
- We then proceed to barely play him, despite the fact that he actually was one of the few players to make a difference/look decent
- Through barely playing him, he (rightly) decides he has no future here, isn't going to sign a contract and will leave.
- We continue to give him minutes, over other plyers who do or might still have a future here.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
His PR leaks working a treat again as he's managed to find his way back into the team. We shouldn't be wasting another minute on him, we're just keeping someone else's player match sharp.
He was in good form before suddenly being dropped by Ole

devips

Redcafe confuse me. Playing Lingard is wasting club's valuable time on a player who likely is leaving the club in summer.

Now, How many minutes are he getting per match? Ye 5 -10 minutes a match for every 10-15 matches played.

Has this pattern of hardly playing him despite his being in form been continuing for the last 2 years? Yes.

The club did not sell him last summer. It was not Lingard's doing. The Manager made noises about playing him more regularly this season. Then what happened? Nothing. Why shouldn't he want to leave? Because we think so. We are the Caf Know Alls.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Well thats just stupid. If a player is here and can do a job they should play- regardless of where their contract is.

That being said for JL specifically - he should have been jettisoned a long time ago

Remember the geese

Well thats just stupid. If a player is here and can do a job they should play- regardless of where their contract is.

That being said for JL specifically - he should have been jettisoned a long time ago
I don't agree. If a player is in their last year and has no intention of staying with us, then I'd rather their minutes go to someone who has a future with us.

Oranges038

Club should be onto these players at least 2 years out. If they don't sign then, get rid of them for the best price as soon as possible and replace.

Gandalf

With him refusing a deal and also refusing to move in this window it is clear it is about money and not football. He should not be seen in a match day squad again and I wouldn't take minutes away from our youngsters by letting him prat about in the U23s. He can spend th enext few months making tik toks and working on his brand.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Can see him going to spurs yeah. Same money as he’s on now (plus signing fee) for four more years and he’ll do well there. Doing well there isn’t the issue. He should have been sold 2 years ago like Mata, Matic, Henderson and whoever else is on the fringes. Freshen it up and reinvest in the actual first team you dicks!

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I don't agree. If a player is in their last year and has no intention of staying with us, then I'd rather their minutes go to someone who has a future with us.
I agree when the player is garbage or not committed - however if its a good player then its biting ones nose off to spite the face not to use them

Luckily we have no such players so its not really an issue

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
With him refusing a deal and also refusing to move in this window it is clear it is about money and not football. He should not be seen in a match day squad again and I wouldn't take minutes away from our youngsters by letting him prat about in the U23s. He can spend th enext few months making tik toks and working on his brand.
If he was promised he had a chance of regular football this season, after finishing last season in better form than any other first team player then he has every right to have the hump about being completely frozen out by Ole (and now Rangnick) And that would make it a decision to leave that is about football. Unlike some members of our squad he always works hard and looks like he loves playing. Not unreasonable at all for him to seek games elsewhere if he’s not being offered them with us.

stevoc

If he was promised he had a chance of regular football this season, after finishing last season in better form than any other first team player then he has every right to have the hump about being completely frozen out by Ole (and now Rangnick) And that would make it a decision to leave that is about football. Unlike some members of our squad he always works hard and looks like he loves playing. Not unreasonable at all for him to seek games elsewhere if he’s not being offered them with us.
Big if, doesn't make much sense that Ole would have. But for talk sake if he was then he was a bit silly to stay after having a good loan and it being a world cup year given the competition here in the positions he can play.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Big if, doesn't make much sense that Ole would have. But for talk sake if he was then he was a bit silly to stay after having a good loan and it being a world cup year given the competition here in the positions he can play.
He was one of the very best players in the league in his position at the back end of last season. In an age where he would expect to peak as a footballer. Can’t blame him for thinking now would be his moment to force his way into the first XI of the team he most wants to play for. He’s versatile enough to play a few different positions too.

Gandalf

If the bolded were true I would have no problem but his stance that he will not leave in this window proves it is not. He knows full well he is not getting much game time here but he is choosing to prioritize a free agent deal in June over a move right now. I don't blame Ralf in this situation as he has not frozen him out with Jesse having already made his decision not to entertain a contract extension it is pointless to play him when a big part of his remit is to evaluate the squad ahead of next season.

I don't have any ill will towards Jesse but he is serving no real purpose being here at this point and it is a waste of time selecting him when his mind is already made up. I know a sale is out of the question but I would at least hope Jesse would be willing to finish out his contract on loan somewhere so we can get his wages off the books and he can get regular playing time to improve the offers he may get and just as importantly catch the eye of Gareth Southgate in a World Cup year. It appears he is resistant to this idea and that is where I lose sympathy completely.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
If the bolded were true I would have no problem but his stance that he will not leave in this window proves it is not. He knows full well he is not getting much game time here but he is choosing to prioritize a free agent deal in June over a move right now. I don't blame Ralf in this situation as he has not frozen him out with Jesse having already made his decision not to entertain a contract extension it is pointless to play him when a big part of his remit is to evaluate the squad ahead of next season.

I don't have any ill will towards Jesse but he is serving no real purpose being here at this point and it is a waste of time selecting him when his mind is already made up. I know a sale is out of the question but I would at least hope Jesse would be willing to finish out his contract on loan somewhere so we can get his wages off the books and he can get regular playing time to improve the offers he may get and just as importantly catch the eye of Gareth Southgate in a World Cup year. It appears he is resistant to this idea and that is where I lose sympathy completely.
This is his last big move. Being restricted to clubs that will pay what MUFC think he is worth already cost him a move to Wes Ham (allegedly) Leaving as a free agent will earn him a lot more money and give him a hell of a lot more options in terms of the clubs he can join. It’s not hard to see the appeal.

stevoc

He was one of the very best players in the league in his position at the back end of last season. In an age where he would expect to peak as a footballer. Can’t blame him for thinking now would be his moment to force his way into the first XI of the team he most wants to play for. He’s versatile enough to play a few different positions too.
He's very naive if he thought that way though. He could barely get into the side between January 2020 and July 2021 and in that time Bruno, Ronaldo, Cavani and Sancho were added to Martial, Rashford and Pogba while Greenwood also broke through. Not sure how a few good months at West Ham would have improved his chances of displacing any of those players. Despite media chatter Solskjaer was clearly building a squad without him in his plans.

The narrative has been that Ole promised him lots of games and that's why he stayed in the summer window. Well he didn't get those minutes, Solskjaer is gone, a new manager with a pressing style has come in yet he hasn't impressed him enough to get more chances and the transfer window is open again. So really he should be chomping at the bit to get a move somewhere asap, lets see if he's still here come February. I wouldn't blame him if he want's to run his contract down either but I think that's been his plan for quite a while personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.