4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haru krentz

What's wrong with our academy? We might produce exceptional talents but the character's side leaves much to be desired, Lingard, Pogba, Rashford, and Mason, those are talents worth 300M combined yet we are at risk of throwing them all away because they all dont have right attitude and mindset.

Ole was the one that made false promises to Lingard about playing time, it's not Rangnick's fault he got lumbered with a player he did not want. Lingard should have been allowed to go to West Ham but Ole was too weak to let him.
IT'S NOT OLE IT"S THE BOARD JFC! Lingard is just another name in Woodward's fckery of keeping players beyond their use. Let me give you another names for example: Rojo wasnt let go because the board thought he could get 20M of him, Romero wasnt let go even when Ole crossed his name out of 25 men squad, Darmian wasnt let go because the board thought Juventus 10M bid wasnt enough, Martial and Pogba werent let go eventhough Jose had publicly called them out. They were kept because they looked GOOD on the balance sheets, sheets that you can show to your employer, share holders, and sponsors that YOU ARE DOING TERRIFIC JOB AS CEO PRESERVING YOUR COMPANY VALUE. Ole said he'd welcome Sanchez back too didnt he?

Oranges038

I know this sentence gets used a lot around here but can you really imagine how a Roy Keane or SAF would react to Lingards antics if they were working with him today? I mean seriously, I'd have genuine fear for his wellbeing
Fergie would have booted him out once he realised he couldn't tolerate the insufferable twat anymore, despite any footballing abilities he possessed. Just like he did with Lee Sharpe, who was 2 or 3 times the player Lingard could ever dream of being.

Rio fecking Ferdinand didn't get a send off. RvP won us a title and didn't get a send off. I don't recall Rooney getting one either?
Rio Ferdinand played for 12 years and won almost everything there was to be won with the club. He was reportedly told by Ed, in the dressing rooms after his last game at Southampton that he wasn't getting a new deal.

Born2Lose

I just don’t get hate for Jesse Lingard. I really don‘t. Kid deserved to be given a home send off, much more deserving than Cavani my opinion.
That you rightly refer to him as a kid in spite of him being almost 30 should answer your question.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If he had been sold soon after his brilliant West Ham detour none of these issues would have come up, that would have been a win-win and everybody is happy. He had even earned an England call-up.The decision to hold on to him was totally senseless and the root cause of this situation.
Have a word with Mason Greenwood about why we ended up having to keep him. Everybody including the manager expected him gone.

AFC NimbleThumb

So we've established no former academy player has had the sort of send off that would have satisfied Lingard's infantile brother, or you, apparently. Good.
What send off did I ask for?

What has been established is you’re getting rather upset about ‘some form’. Moronic.
His performance alone against City should of been the end of his United career. Never have I seen a more despicable performance in all my years as a supporter. Come to think of it Rashford had a similar type performance and he can feck off as well. Why do academy players deserve recognition when they can't even be bothered to do the minimum, especially against City?

To get respect you have to earn it. You really think he's done enough the last 5 years to "deserve" anything from the club? Should of been binned years ago.
If we’re talking about performances ending careers we’ve a squad full of those. If you haven’t seen a worse performance that his City one you’ve obviously diverted your eyes from a number of games this year, absolute hyperbole. Maguire alone has delivered a Top 10 worsts this year.

As for respecting the club, why no faux outrage for Cavani in your post history? A man deemed fit multiple times but literally staying away from the country on occasion. That’s right because you aren’t really bothered about respect. If it goes both ways, why didn’t we respect the fact he wasn’t long for the club & sell last summer? Why did the club attempt to insert a stupid survival bonus into a January loan? I get it’s a football club & our emotions for it are irrational but what nonsense.

The problem with posters like yourself is you don’t like certain players for whatever reason so you come out with things like shouldn’t play for the club again whilst it’s ok for other squad members to be just as bad if not worse against Liverpool or even Watford the way this seasons gone.

Maybe you’ve not bothered to follow the thread but I’ve explained why seeing an academy graduate who has scored in multiple cup finals leaving which such disdain from the forum is disappointing. Given the few opportunities he’s had this season [also Rashford for as bad as he’s been didn’t start the season] there’s far more deserving of the vitriol but aesthetics. . .
For sure, and I agree with you, there are other things at play regarding Lingard and I’m sure he does have some claim when he says he’s not been treated entirely fairly, but what rubs myself and others the wrong way is how he and his brother go about making that known. The levels of immaturity and unprofessionalism are insane, there’s no where else he could get away with some of the things he’s done and said.

I think we all thought he was going to leave last summer but for some reason the club decided not to sell him, it’s a stupid decision and probably Ole’s fault for not binning him and Pogba or demanding they were both sold at least.

Should Elanga launch his own clothing brand on the eve of a Derby game to maximise the publicity, post pictures of himself on social media wearing another teams colours and cheering them on while United are getting hammered or get his brother to say he’s a prisoner at United and call the manager a liar, then in all fairness Elanga will probably deserve it, but if he doesn’t and he just concentrated on playing football he’ll be absolutely fine. Maybe he’s not good enough in the end but people still have love for players like Welbeck.

As much as it’s shit for Lingard to still be here when he wanted to leave, he and his brother need to realise that he signed a contract to play for United for x amount of years, not a couple of years then piss off when he stops getting games. We need to purge these characters out of the club.
The post from his brother is indefensible. It creates a them & us narrative where United fans are seeing the club criticised by a player on his way out the door. I’ve never seen anything else from his brother but if this is a thing then I’m not best pleased either.

All I’m doing is stepping back & looking at the situation though, so for me this is easily avoidable if the club do the right thing last summer.

The reason I say he deserves a form of send off is because pretty much did it last night for Mata, who despite a few half decent performances suddenly has been riding the bench for years & Juanfield; Matic, who now he’s announced he is leaving suddenly looks as good as he has done for the club & Cavani, who - feck Cavani frankly.

I don’t think you & I are that much in disagreement on this one to be honest.

iHicksy

Rio and Rooney both got testimonials. RVP had been with us for a couple of years, but still deserved one more than Lingard who's a nothing player tbh.
Testimonials aren't send off's mate. You get one after 10 years at the club. A "send off" whilst a rather generic term is usually your final appearance for the club at home when it's known you're leaving/retiring and you either play or get subbed on and the commentator will announce it to the fans. Remember when JT took about 30mins to leave the pitch in his? Pretty sure he went round shaking all the players hands mid game when he was subbed off (lol).

Either way, loads of our legend never got one but it's no surprise that one of the most entitled childish players thinks he deserves one.

caid

Did Cavani earn his minutes?
Not particularly. I mean i'm not thrilled with how often hes been available this season but he's played reasonably well when he was available. So i have no particular objection to him coming on for the last 5 mins of a match. I'm pretty sure how much he deserves a send off didn't figure in the decision.

Kaos

Testimonials aren't send off's mate. You get one after 10 years at the club. A "send off" whilst a rather generic term is usually your final appearance for the club at home when it's known you're leaving/retiring and you either play or get subbed on and the commentator will announce it to the fans. Remember when JT took about 30mins to leave the pitch in his? Pretty sure he went round shaking all the players hands mid game when he was subbed off (lol).

Either way, loads of our legend never got one but it's no surprise that one of the most entitled childish players thinks he deserves one.
I mean whichever you look at it, they were still fitting tributes to legends of the club, and I'm sure for the players it was an emotional and cherished celebration of their time with us. So I wouldn't say they were done dirty.

Anyway its irrelevant, since Lingard has done nothing to warrant any sort of tribute. Better comparisons would have been players like Park Ji-Sung who genuinely deserves his cult status.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
What send off did I ask for?

What has been established is you’re getting rather upset about ‘some form’. Moronic.

If we’re talking about performances ending careers we’ve a squad full of those. If you haven’t seen a worse performance that his City one you’ve obviously diverted your eyes from a number of games this year, absolute hyperbole. Maguire alone has delivered a Top 10 worsts this year.

As for respecting the club, why no faux outrage for Cavani in your post history? A man deemed fit multiple times but literally staying away from the country on occasion. That’s right because you aren’t really bothered about respect. If it goes both ways, why didn’t we respect the fact he wasn’t long for the club & sell last summer? Why did the club attempt to insert a stupid survival bonus into a January loan? I get it’s a football club & our emotions for it are irrational but what nonsense.

The problem with posters like yourself is you don’t like certain players for whatever reason so you come out with things like shouldn’t play for the club again whilst it’s ok for other squad members to be just as bad if not worse against Liverpool or even Watford the way this seasons gone.

Maybe you’ve not bothered to follow the thread but I’ve explained why seeing an academy graduate who has scored in multiple cup finals leaving which such disdain from the forum is disappointing. Given the few opportunities he’s had this season [also Rashford for as bad as he’s been didn’t start the season] there’s far more deserving of the vitriol but aesthetics. . .
You're completely missing the point with the criticism I have for Lingard (and Rashford) Yes it's true players like Maguire are a gaff a game but there's a whole world of difference between being shite and basically downing tools for the club he's been with since he was a kid. Go back and watch the City game and tell me you've seen a worse performance from him and Rashford and name them. The last 40 years will do never mind this sesson. I'm talking about the complete lack of effort on both their parts not how good/bad they are as players.

Academy players or not if they want to behave like children and sulk then they can go feck themselves and that goes for any player that doesn't put the effort in on the pitch. I can see what you're saying with Lingard in that he did have a part in our history but for me the last 5 years have cancelled out everything positive he did at the club. So no. For me he deserves nothing from the club or from the fans. Promoting mediocrity isn't seen as a plus in my eyes.

romufc

Just seen Chris Wheeler reporting on Lingard. His media puppet is at it again saying he has offers from clubs and advanced.

Also saying he is understood to be unhappy over broken promises.

Looking for sympathy I guess.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Just seen Chris Wheeler reporting on Lingard. His media puppet is at it again saying he has offers from clubs and advanced.

Sounds very like someone’s attempt to tempt United into an offer. Including teams like PSG and Juventus on this list though?

He should have gone for West Ham, Newcastle, Lazio and Roma. That’s a list I could have believed!

crossy1686

career ending
Juventus and Newcaste I could believe.

PSG and Milan no chance.
He’ll end up at West Ham or Newcastle. His agent has thrown names out to make it look like he’s got a bunch of interest. PSG and Juventus are never interested in this character, although he’d probably get along great with Neymar

Robbie Boy

Sooooo, it's Newcastle!

Idxomer

He’ll end up at West Ham or Newcastle. His agent has thrown names out to make it look like he’s got a bunch of interest. PSG and Juventus are never interested in this character, although he’d probably get along great with Neymar
Rashford did the same when the stories about PSG, Barca and even Liverpool wanting him came out.

hobbers

Oh he'll definitely end up at Newcastle, zero doubt. No other club in the world will pay him what they will be willing to in signing on fee.

Actually could be a decent move for him if he stops behaving like an infant dressed up in childrens clothes.

SAF is the GOAT

This cnut thinks that he's "doing us a favor".

Take all of your stuff from your locker and don't forget to shut the door after you.

9 years playing for us and you never been even close to be the quality of a united player.

Take all the money that you earned and go somewhere else where we could finally replace you with a better and younger version player.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Lingards brother is doing no worse than Pogba’s brother or indeed his agent used to get up too.
both need to go. No need for calling players weasels

Stig

According to Chris Wheeler from the Daily Mail, AC Milan, Juventus, Newcastle United, and Paris Saint Germain are prepared to fight against each other for the Manchester United outcast's signature. Among these clubs, two are said to be negotiating with the player's representatives at an advanced stage.

He must have played pretty well to interest these teams.

Stig

His brother says he deserved a better send off. Should we have a collection for a cake or something ? Does anyone know his address ? We could have Tesco deliver it.

Jaykespeare88

His brother says he deserved a better send off. Should we have a collection for a cake or something ? Does anyone know his address ? We could have Tesco deliver it.
Asked to leave on game day for family reasons, unbelievable his brother has come out with such rubbish!

The Purley King

I don’t think tescos deliver dog shit in an envelope

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He is the epitome of everything that's wrong with the club. A total clown of a person

Should have been binned off years ago

JeffFromHK

typical tiktok obsessed, whiny and self-loving generation z workers you meet in workplaces

Trequartistry

Utter ghoul. The same Mark Noble that carried one of his team mates off the fecking pitch once and somehow survived it afterwards. What exactly did Noble teach him? How to be even more unlikeable?
Or when Lingard was down and having a terrible time in his personal life Noble was there for him? Who cares about Noble carrying someone of the pitch 3 years ago people just look to be angry at the wrong things

SER19

Imagine he and pogba leaving in same summer? Like winning a trophy

Jacob

It just struck me, Jesse Lingard won't feature for United again. That made me slightly happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.