Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
But, but, but, I thought Barcelona, Madrid juve etc were going to be falling over themselves to sign you? :lol:

hobbers

It's not like it takes him two hours to come up with a bloody tweet or a tiktok video.
Takes up a lot of time to run a clothing and esports empire into the ground though. Not like he earns enough to be paying lots of other people to manage this stuff for him. It's likely just him and his brother.

FatTails

It’s been a humbling experience for our departing stars eh? Pogba getting a smaller or at best similar package at Juve, Lingard going to a relegation candidate, and Ronaldo going around Europe offering his services and no one is interested.

We also seem unable to shift AWB, Jones, or Bailly.

MUFC OK

i wooden believe it until it’s official
Indeed. I've started to question positionality in every article I read these days. Football is so tribal that it's littered with it. Very few journalists with integrity to just report the truth.

Someone

Something
Can't believe he isn't joining West Ham where had his best playing time in a decade, just to join a team that could be fighting relegation for more money. I know we all work for money, but it can't be the only factor for a footballer.

MUFC OK

Can't believe he isn't joining West Ham where had his best playing time in a decade, just to join a team that could be fighting relegation for more money. I know we all work for money, but it can't be the only factor for a footballer.
Have you not seen the mans wardrobe? That's an expensive habit. Not to mention the inevitable numerous sport cars, watches and properties.

Someone

Something
Have you not seen the mans wardrobe? That's an expensive habit. Not to mention the inevitable numerous sport cars, watches and properties.
What if they get relegated? It's also better for his "brand" to play for a better team with some games in Europe, even if it's just the conference cup.

MUFC OK

What if they get relegated? It's also better for his "brand" to play for a better team with some games in Europe, even if it's just the conference cup.
Won't matter. He will still have his contract and happily sit it out until it expires. I'm sure there is some clause in there as regards relegation anyway.

crossy1686

career ending
I think the only way he's managed to swing £200k a week is because Forest want to be part of his brand and his 100m views on social media.

IRN-BRUno

Will be a good move for Jesse. Jack Colback can take him under his wing and then he'll really flourish.

CM

How's that hope of playing for a Champions League club going?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Shirley they can't be serious?? I thought we were mad when we renewed his contract to a six figure per week sum, but £200k is pure lunacy
We never paid him a 6 figure sum...:confused:

caid

Taking into account a signing on bonus it makes sense I think. Looks terrible and i'd try very hard to seperate the signing on vs the weekly wage from a Forest point of view because its definitely capable of destabalising a squad being paid a fraction of the figure but could work out well for both.

PoTMS

Absolute stupidity from all involved at Forest. You think any of their players are being paid even £50k a week and you'll have this bellend getting paid £200k a week. They are going straight back down.

Idxomer

Forest will have a couple of players earning over 100k/week.

They haven't paid any transfer/loan fees for them, so it probably makes sense to give them that kind of salary.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Commiserations to Forest. Thought they might have had a slight chance of staying up.

According to https://www.capology.com/club/nottingham-forest/salaries/

The Highest Paid Player at Nottingham Forest FC is Steve Cook (Centre-Back) with an Annual Gross Salary of £1,830,000, or £35,192 per week. Steve Cook, who is 31 years old, has 2 years and £3,660,000 gross remaining with Nottingham Forest.

Last edited:

kps88

One year contract? That's weird. I can't remember the last time that happened for a 29 year old who isn't injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.