Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

next move better be a 25m quid move to West Ham and we use that money to invest back into the squad

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I think if Lingard gets a new deal it's really only so his sell on value go up rather than down, he's only got 1 year left so we might not get as much as we'd like,
Sign him up make him, sign a few players and he'll realise he won't play at all and he'll ask to leave, at the moment he could fetch 30m or more,
How many players have we gave new contracts to and sold them a short time later under the Glazers? I'm guessing a grand total of zero. Lingard isn't going to be the first. What our genius negotiators do is give everyone a pay rise which then proceeds to price interested clubs out of the market. My only consolation is that it's WUM newspapers reporting it.

bosskeano

what is this utter nonsense about offering him a new contract??? have we lost our bloody minds?

So we're going to give another aging player an extension to his contract so he becomes deadwood on our books like Jones, Rojo, Romero...etc

when will these numpties learn?

MadMike

what is this utter nonsense about offering him a new contract??? have we lost our bloody minds?

So we're going to give another aging player an extension to his contract so he becomes deadwood on our books like Jones, Rojo, Romero...etc

when will these numpties learn?
Don’t forget Matic. Last summer we gave a 31yo (then) and clearly past it Matic a 3-year new contract. So he has another 2 years left and will be here till he’s 34, collecting 6 figures per week, even though his legs haven’t been able to carry him since he turned 30.

We just don’t know when to let go of players.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd rather keep him and actually rotate him with Bruno so Bruno isn't overplayed if Lingard is ok with being a squad player. But actually rotate. Not 1 game every 3 months. Not Bruno playing 90 minutes 3 times a week for 4 weeks straight. Would much rather have him as a 10 and get rid of someone like Van de Beek who really doesn't provide much as a #10 for us. In fact if we get rid of Lingard I'd say we are lacking a #10 to rotate Bruno sometimes, which is something Lingard is capable of. Front 4 options of:
Cavani, Rashford, Sancho, Bruno, Greenwood, Lingard, James, Amad is a decent blend IMO, and the rest I'm ok with getting rid of. Just we have to use our squad players properly which we haven't been.

youngrell

I've not really questioned the club's management much up to now, but giving Jesse a new contract would give me serious doubts about the competence levels. His loan to West Ham was a resounding success in bringing his value back up to its correct level, so to not capitalise and sell now would be ridiculous.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Give both him and Jones new contracts just in case PSG comes with and offer so we can protect their massive values.

bosskeano

He has to go. A joke if he stays and gets a new contract.
that is one of the many things about Fergie that i admired.....he knew it was time to let someone go

he understood how to be personable with the players but he was ruthless when it came to the business end

Shimo

Past history has shown we do indeed needlessly extend contracts but, I do think this time will not be the case. First, Ole has shown once he no longer rates a player, he just moves on - he did it with Jesse who despite being fit after lockdown and this past season, didn't get a look in. A good loan spell will not have changed his mind. Secondly, think with the football matters being left to football people should hopefully mean less chances of making poor decisions of extending contracts for players that have no business getting one.

Time for the football people now to really earn their money by moving some of the players that Ole has no intention of playing. I know harder said than done but, Lingard, Dalot, Perreira et all need to move this window some how.

Idxomer

I'd rather keep him and actually rotate him with Bruno so Bruno isn't overplayed if Lingard is ok with being a squad player. But actually rotate. Not 1 game every 3 months. Not Bruno playing 90 minutes 3 times a week for 4 weeks straight. Would much rather have him as a 10 and get rid of someone like Van de Beek who really doesn't provide much as a #10 for us. In fact if we get rid of Lingard I'd say we are lacking a #10 to rotate Bruno sometimes, which is something Lingard is capable of. Front 4 options of:
Cavani, Rashford, Sancho, Bruno, Greenwood, Lingard, James, Amad is a decent blend IMO, and the rest I'm ok with getting rid of. Just we have to use our squad players properly which we haven't been.
Amad and Sancho can play at #10 and should be more creative than Lingard.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Anders Lingard, Jesse Lindegaard? I dont know anymore but we need to cash on him while he's performing like a promising teenager.

Marcus

You know what. I get the feeling that the player Jesse could give cover for most directly for is Vardy at Leicester.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Secondly, think with the football matters being left to football people should hopefully mean less chances of making poor decisions of extending contracts for players that have no business getting one.
Time for the football people now to really earn their money by moving some of the players that Ole has no intention of playing.
Would completely hope that's the case going forward.
As the Glazer's apparently count every penny, they must surely ask awkward questions about why the feck some of these lucrative contracts are handed out to fringe players.
If the budget is tight this Summer, then the incentive must be there to listen to offers, you would think..

stevoc

So is Jesse leaving or what?

Will he hang around for another year and try to run his contract down?

Rumour is he's not keen to return to West Ham.

DoomSlayer

So is Jesse leaving or what?

Will he hang around for another year and try to run his contract down?

Rumour is he's not keen to return to West Ham.
The likes of Lingard and Pereira need to be moved on, it's the best for the club and their careers at this point.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Players like Lingard won’t move until the transfer window matures a bit. It needs the merry go round to get going and a bit of liquidity in the market. He’s not going to be top of anyone’s list who has the funds to make an early move into the market before they get a barometer of other player values.

Redcy

Probably will get a new contract, to ensure we don't lose value on him, his wages will then make him unaffordable in the market. Who else is paying Jesse >60k per week?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Lingard joins Arsenal as a Smith Rowe replacement , who heads off to Villa.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Either a 9m fee paid over 3 years to West Ham, or hanging about as a squad player, trying to scrape a few mins versus Van De Beek.

SinNombre

Athletic claiming that we are asking a 30m fee for Lingard.

I hope this is just posturing, and we will sell him for 20-25m. We do this all the time and refuse to sell at a reasonable fee and then extend players contracts to preserve "value".

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

I hope this is just posturing, and we will sell him for 20-25m. We do this all the time and refuse to sell at a reasonable fee and then extend players contracts to preserve "value".
But A.M is asking £30M for Trippier who is 31y.o with no selling-on value.

Jesse's an attacker and only 28 and isn't there normally an English tax? So £30M isn't exorbitant.

SinNombre

Jesse's an attacker and only 28 and isn't there normally an English tax? So £30M isn't exorbitant.
No one is paying £30M for Trippier. Jesse is also on higher wages.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Would completely hope that's the case going forward.
As the Glazer's apparently count every penny, they must surely ask awkward questions about why the feck some of these lucrative contracts are handed out to fringe players.
If the budget is tight this Summer, then the incentive must be there to listen to offers, you would think..
Because it's cheaper than buying new players

OrcaFat

I agree. I thought £30m was the right ball park until I realised he has only one year left on his contract. Honestly I think West Ham will expect to pay £15m, £20m tops.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

A.M dont want to sell Trippier, we want rid of Jesse

stevoc

We must hope that it is, we'd be doing well to get £15-20m for him. If anything like that is offered we should snap their hands off.

stevoc

Because they don't want to sell him, totally different situation.

Idxomer

Hs is an attacking English player who played an important role in WHU getting European football.

Anything less than 20m would be a joke and that's just because he got 1 year left on his contract.

Hs is an attacking English player who played an important role in WHU getting European football.

Anything less than 20m would be a joke and that's just because he got 1 year left on his contract.
Exactly - £30mil is reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.