Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

I wouldn’t loan him to Newcastle regardless of their offer. Why help them avoid relegation?

Jesse can leave on a free in the summer to wherever he wants. I’d pay his wages for 4 more months if it meant Newcastle going down.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
I wouldn’t loan him to Newcastle regardless of their offer. Why help them avoid relegation?

Jesse can leave on a free in the summer to wherever he wants. I’d pay his wages for 4 more months if it meant Newcastle going down.
He is no Messi that will help them to avoid relegation,they can find more better players then him.

Gordon Godot

He is no Messi that will help them to avoid relegation,they can find more better players then him.
Why are we so obsessed with other clubs. We cant blame the club for hoarding useless players on stupid salaries and then obsess about where they go. its Newcastle, get over it. It also sends a signal to the other overpaid wasters that they shpuld get on their bikes. Starting with Martial

Crick

You realise the permanent deal was accepted yes? What more do you expect the club to do?
Accept the loan amount. The squad is too big. £6m is acceptable plus we would save around £2.5m in wages. That's fine with 6 months to go. We need to make more money from players out. We don't need bodies to cover for covid, too many players aren't playing.

GazTheLegend

I expect this one will get over the line on deadline day. It would be a decent statement for Newcastle to announce Lingard and Dele Alli on the same day. Their odds of escaping relegation would improve drastically in my opinion, they're good players with a point to prove (if not quite good enough for us, which is no shame).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I expect this one will get over the line on deadline day. It would be a decent statement for Newcastle to announce Lingard and Dele Alli on the same day. Their odds of escaping relegation would improve drastically in my opinion, they're good players with a point to prove (if not quite good enough for us, which is no shame).
Signing Alli and Lingard is pretty counter-intuitive. Both occupy the same spaces and positions on the field. Both have the same sort of strengths also.

lex talionis

Get this done. From KLingz’s point of view this is a great chance to prove himself and silence his doubters. If he can help Newcastle stave off relegation he’s instantly on the short list for knighthood, and he’d have Moyes salivating all over him.

But does he have it in him to take this kind of risk?

Tarrou

why would United care about that? If they offer decent money it would be crazy to turn it down for that reason

hobbers

why would United care about that? If they offer decent money it would be crazy to turn it down for that reason
But they're not offering decent money. They're obviously offering less than we value having Lingard's services for the next few months.

We'd care about Newcastle getting relegated because if they dont they could be another state owned title buying team very quickly.

Giggs' right foot

But they're not offering decent money. They're obviously offering less than we value having Lingard's services for the next few months.

We'd care about Newcastle getting relegated because if they dont they could be another state owned title buying team very quickly.
It’s more than decent money for four months of Lingard’s services. I’d have accepted £2mil. If the reported £10mil. is true, how can one say that’s not decent money?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You'd have to be stupid to say no to that. So I'm fully expecting Jesse to still be here on February 1st.
Reckon we might angle for a sale. Only club who will match or even better his current wage, desperate, and, ideally need players who know the league to try and avoid relegation.

Lingard would be very silly to turn down a permanent move there; get himself a short contract, which strengthens his hand at negotiation time and also gives him an exit strategy, and it’s the best deal he could land on the planet.

I think we can eek at least £20m out of them given their need.

Gandalf

Reckon we might angle for a sale. Only club who will match or even better his current wage, desperate, and, ideally need players who know the league to try and avoid relegation.

Lingard would be very silly to turn down a permanent move there; get himself a short contract, which strengthens his hand at negotiation time and also gives him an exit strategy, and it’s the best deal he could land on the planet.

I think we can eek at least £20m out of them given their need.
Issue is that I think Lingard has been quite clear that he won't move there on a permanent deal under any circumstances right now. The loan deal option is best for all parties and I am struggling to see the problem at this point. Newcastle are clearly willing to meet our financial demands for a player we don't plan to use and will lose for nothing in 4 months, JLingz gets to play regularly to maintain his value ahead of a bumper free agent deal and potentially can force his way back into the England side ahead of the Wrold Cup and Newcastle of course get a proven PL player to help them in their bid to absolve MBS of his crimes against humanity.

Hester_manc

Do not want to help Newcastle staying in the PL, so I hope we can loan Lingard to another club instead. Should not be impossible after his time in West Ham. They (Newcastle) are going to be a huge club and we should not help them in that process.

FerociousCorgis

people really worried about helping newcastle? Take the 10 mill if that is really the offer and try to help united.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Do not want to help Newcastle staying in the PL, so I hope we can loan Lingard to another club instead. Should not be impossible after his time in West Ham. They (Newcastle) are going to be a huge club and we should not help them in that process.
Wouldn't it be better to get the 10m, possibly get rid of 1-2 players more and try signing a midfielder with that money? With such a large squad, signing players could depend on player sales as well. Rather use the money to get a midfielder to possibly provide better balance and push for a trophy and a top 4 finish instead of struggling with midfield depth and having to prioritize between competitions. We have a run of games where we play Spurs, Atleti and Liverpool in 7-8 days and the last thing I want to see is Matic starting any of those games.

cyberman

Take the 10m, resign him and then sell him back to Newcastle for 25m.
You’re welcome, United

Status
Not open for further replies.