Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

This is dumb, we're trying to price him out of a loan when we should be wanting him to go.

youngrell

Yeah but he's gone, for free, in a few months, so it's skin off of our noses to the tune of a few million and potentially a midfielder addition this January that we will not get if we don't sanction the deal, in return we'll have a miserable player sat on the bench who will barely play for us, picking up a full wage safe in the knowledge he's gone in a couple months anyway so who cares
Where are you getting that from?

Gandalf

Haha 15m for a 6 month loan is crazy. Instead we’re happy to have him cost us another 2.5m in wages.

Just loan him out
Bottom line is we are not hurting for the 2.5Million and Jesse is a useful squad member in case of emergencies. We were not looking to loan him out and are happy for his contract to expire, Newcastle came to us not the other way around and so I cannot comprehend why we are meant to be doing them a favour? Make it worth our while and you can have him but if you want to offer peanuts to sign someone who as of right now would be with the possible exception of ASM the best player in their squad then they can do one.

Ixion

We're trying to actually get some money for him. Anyone complaining about us trying to fleece the richest club on the planet are a bit strange.
You would rather keep him and let the dressing room be disrupted and leaks continue?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Bottom line is we are not hurting for the 2.5Million and Jesse is a useful squad member in case of emergencies. We were not looking to loan him out and are happy for his contract to expire, Newcastle came to us not the other way around and so I cannot comprehend why we are meant to be doing them a favour? Make it worth our while and you can have him but if you want to offer peanuts to sign someone who as of right now would be with the possible exception of ASM the best player in their squad then they can do one.
Lingard is not a useful squad member as we have seen time and time again

Caesar2290

Prove all of that is Lingard's fault, I dare you. It's totally conjecture, we won't know until he's gone, even then we probably won't.
Where do you think "Lingard is angry at Man Utd for making his loan collapse" reports are coming from?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Where do you think "Lingard is angry at Man Utd for making his loan collapse" reports are coming from?
It is a bit suss that all the same journalists who've been writing about Rangnick's unhappy camp have, within hours of each other, all put out stuff about Jesse's situation.

Phez

It is a bit suss that all the same journalists who've been writing about Rangnick's unhappy camp have, within hours of each other, all put out stuff about Jesse's situation.
I managed to get a clip of Ralf confirming the club's intention to sell him on TikTok. That's what he's annoyed at.

passing-wind

I like this piece of business, the player has no value in a few months time that's a poor reflection of someone considered an asset to the club. To balance this the fee is proposed. Given Newcastle's desperation to stay afloat it's certainly a good option for them Lingard has other suitors in league if reports are correct.

binary bot
Who are they going to buy for that amount in the PL that is remotely close to Lingard's quality?

Newcastle have the money. It's not like we're asking for 100+ million now is it?
Why is it limited to the PL and that price point? We clearly differ on opinion of lingards quality - they'll spend more in a deal that makes sense.

They're one point off Norwich with a game in hand. They'll likely stay up regardless of the signing. We've played them twice and they've fixtures against all of our top four rivals.

We did similar with Rojo, Romero, Lingard in the summer, van de Beek and the same will happen with Tuanzebe, Henderson, Martial and Pereira. Overpay wages, miss the window to sell then overprice. Surprised so many people are seeing this as a Saudi money thing rather than a problem with the footballing side of the clubs decision making. Been a recurring theme for years now.

DSG

On the one hand, the positives:
* money that could be allocated towards a midfielder (please!)
* A potential issue regarding playing time resolved
* A nice gesture to someone who’s an academy lad
* one less squad player in a crowded area of the pitch

The negatives:
* one less squad player in an admittedly crowded area of the pitch
* Why help Newcastle at all? Who wants to deal with a club owned by a fecking country rife with human rights abuses?
* Maybe Newcastle gets relegated

Judas

Open to offers
His people, obviously. I don't really count that as a leak, if you do fair enough. It's clearly his people talking to the press. I was thinking about the more general leaks than one obviously to do with Lingard.

Caesar2290

Why is it limited to the PL and that price point? We clearly differ on opinion of lingards quality - they'll spend more in a deal that makes sense.

They're one point off Norwich with a game in hand. They'll likely stay up regardless of the signing. We've played them twice and they've fixtures against all of our top four rivals.

We did similar with Rojo, Romero, Lingard in the summer, van de Beek and the same will happen with Tuanzebe, Henderson, Martial and Pereira. Overpay wages, miss the window to sell then overprice. Surprised so many people are seeing this as a Saudi money thing rather than a problem with the footballing side of the clubs decision making. Been a recurring theme for years now.
It's not about the quality, it's about the situation. They need a PL proven player to avoid relegation. 10-15 million for a player of Lingard's quality is a no brainer considering the situation they are in. And thing is everyone knows they have money so it's not like they can pretend to be poor as a church mouse.

Also it's a risk. You either risk getting 2.5 million now or you risk playing greedy and getting 15 million.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We're trying to actually get some money for him. Anyone complaining about us trying to fleece the richest club on the planet are a bit strange.
Exactly that.
I hope no club does them any favours.

But surely the sensible conclusion is that they simply buy him for 15m, then they can whop him on a 4 year deal etc.

Loaning him for 15m, then he's out of contract is bizarre.

Caesar2290

His people, obviously. I don't really count that as a leak, if you do fair enough. It's clearly his people talking to the press. I was thinking about the more general leaks than one obviously to do with Lingard.
That is the problem right there. We're in the middle of negotiations and we have his entourage trying to put pressure on the club by riling up the fans.

If you don't see a problem with that, I don't know what to say.

Jose fecked off Bastian Schweinshteiger to the Under-23 for 6 months and we never heard a peep from him. And Bastian was 20 times the player Lingard will ever be.

Andrew7582

But apparently it's totally fine for him to post pictures of himself in a west ham shirt, he is a clown with no self awareness at all.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

£50m?! :lol:

Now I can see how we ended up getting taken to the cleaners for Fred and Wan-Bissaka.
Didnt they once put a 50m tag on Sean Longstaff?

peridigm

Can somebody just feck this idiot out of the club asap.
The video is garbage and cuts off but it sounds like Ralf says he will leave in the summer anyway which leads me to think he may have said he's leaving now because he will leave in the summer anyway or to that point. Make's sense. Why keep him if he's not going to play and another team can use him. It's not like he can play against us if he leaves on loan. Stupid from the club.

RedDevil@84

Its true that idiocy is not unique to us.
It is not just Longstaff. Every time we ask for a player, many clubs quote silly prices. And then the same player goes for 60% of that price to some other team.

Zoo

£50m?! :lol:

Now I can see how we ended up getting taken to the cleaners for Fred and Wan-Bissaka.
It’s an obvious dig at Newcastle valuing Sean Longstaff at £50m

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It is not just Longstaff. Every time we ask for a player, many clubs quote silly prices. And then the same player goes for 60% of that price to some other team.
That's probably because they've seen how much we've been willing to pay for Fred, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka its a long list.

Its well known within football that we overpay on transfers and salaries. Clubs and agents see us coming. Dean Henderson is on more money than Bruno Fernandes. The only thing Bruno's agent did wrong was asking for only double his Sporting wages when he signed. Should've asked for triple.

Until we have people regarded well within football leading our negotiating everyone will try it on with us.

If Fergie was still running things, being clear about 'value in the market' and looking for unearthed gems like Ronaldo, Park, Evra and Vidic, do you think we'd be getting quoted these daft prices?

People know we can be had.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
This is the video for those that haven't seen it.

Sounds like that video is cut off mid sentence, although hard to imagine what he could go on to say that'd change the point.

PieCrust

Poor Lingard is mad? boo hoo. Must have been so frustrating cashing those United wages in every week.

The Lingard situation has been mismanaged for at least 2 years now, if not longer. What's another 6 months of eating his bloated contract? Rather that than strengthen Newcastle. A £12M stay up clause is actually reasonable.

Jericholyte2

I can’t believe we have 77 pages across two forums (and 44 pages in the Player Performance forum!) on this bang average player who has rarely done anything to justify any presence in the first team squad, who goes running off to the media every time he feels upset about the smallest of issues!

Sure it would have been nice to get some money for him but running off whingeing about how disrespected he is by his employers is pathetic! He is a symbol of everything that is wrong with the club at this point!

devips

I can’t believe we have 77 pages across two forums (and 44 pages in the Player Performance forum!) on this bang average player who has rarely done anything to justify any presence in the first team squad, who goes running off to the media every time he feels upset about the smallest of issues!

Sure it would have been nice to get some money for him but running off whingeing about how disrespected he is by his employers is pathetic! He is a symbol of everything that is wrong with the club at this point!
Can you elucidate with credible link, your assertion that it is Lingard "who goes running off to the media every time he feels upset about the smallest of issues!"

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I think his move to newcastle is off. They probably will sign Bruno Guimaraes instead.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
“Lingard is my favourite player, United through and through.”

“...yeah. He will leave in the summer”.

I love Ralf :lol:

Giggs' right foot

Can somebody just feck this idiot out of the club asap.
Swear to God, if he’d had a goal for every time his camp proclaims that he’s upset, he’d be well on his way to break Messi’s calendar year record for most goals, and we’re still in January….

CM

Honestly don't mind us doing this.

Money is no object for Newcastle so if they want Lingard that badly they can agree to those terms. They splurged £25m on Chris Wood when it's pretty transparent it's to weaken a relegation rival so this isn't much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.