Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirScholes

This is dumb, we're trying to price him out of a loan when we should be wanting him to go.
Nah eff him, let him sit on the bench.
We don’t owe him or Newcastle anything
Newcastle want to stay up, they can pay the top dollar because he’ll keep them in the league

Phez

Sounds like that video is cut off mid sentence, although hard to imagine what he could go on to say that'd change the point.
That's right bro he didn't say anything after that. Seemed to me like he was saying he's not extending so why not get some money for him?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Honestly don't mind us doing this.

Money is no object for Newcastle so if they want Lingard that badly they can agree to those terms. They splurged £25m on Chris Wood when it's pretty transparent it's to weaken a relegation rival so this isn't much different.
Plus Lingard has been posting West Ham celebrations all season anyway so it’s not like he’s an entirely innocent man being forced to see out his horrific £100k a week contract

peridigm

Honestly don't mind us doing this.

Money is no object for Newcastle so if they want Lingard that badly they can agree to those terms. They splurged £25m on Chris Wood when it's pretty transparent it's to weaken a relegation rival so this isn't much different.
They'll cave on deadline day. They need to stay in the PL. We're calling their bluff.

Delano

Love this. He won't move permanently because he wants a fat sign on fee?

Well, find someone to pay crazy money for a loan or sit in the stands. We've been pandering to this shit for too long.

leon24

I say we drop him to reserves and let him miss his last chance to represent England.

What unprofessionalism

Andrew7582

If it's pointless going into work i'm sure he won't mind giving up his wages for the remaining 6 months of his contract and staying at home.

lex talionis

Perhaps we should be the ones paying the transfer fee to get rid of this leech -- a leech who has perfected, to be fair to him, the art of fleecing Manchester United.

prateik

Meh.. boring.
He is gone anyway.. now or the summer.

If we wanted the money, we would have sold him last summer.. We clearly dont mind keeping him around.. We either get a decent loan fee or he stays. Either is fine

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
He will leave deadline day. Woodwork and Judge and Schwartzenegger just love how many times name Manchester United is mentioned every day in papers, tv, radio or social media, regardless if it is good or bad story, true or lie. It is the reason they live and work, 10000 times a day, at least, @ManUtd or #MUFC and they are happy.
Then they wake up on Jan. 31st, and say: Hello chaps, shall we do some work?

TheGame

He should have gone to West Ham in the summer, that was the best move for him. But he wanted to run his contract down for better offers and now is in limbo. Isn’t he with Raiola now as his agent?

mu4c_20le

He should have gone to West Ham in the summer, that was the best move for him. But he wanted to run his contract down for better offers and now is in limbo. Isn’t he with Raiola now as his agent?
Raiola is also in limbo

Highfather_24

Anyway the only ones losing out is us. If he leaves on loan this month, then he gets his move and we dont get any transfer fee, and if he leaves in the summer, he collects his wages, and gets a big sign on fee, while we again, dont get any transfer fee. Lingard played our whole club like a fiddle with the whole "I wanna challenge for a place" last summer, we should never let players enter their last years of contract, it gives them all the power.

Anyway somewhat best case scenario is getting him out of the club, getting his wages off the book, and hopefully getting a loan fee.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I don't get why he hasn't been used a bit more this season, he was excellent when he's come on and made a real difference, the West Ham game obviously springs to mind. I thought when RR came in, he would definitely get more minutes as he's a great presser and good at progressing play forward quickly. I've been surprised how this has played out.

passing-wind

Anyway the only ones losing out is us. If he leaves on loan this month, then he gets his move and we dont get any transfer fee, and if he leaves in the summer, he collects his wages, and gets a big sign on fee, while we again, dont get any transfer fee. Lingard played our whole club like a fiddle with the whole "I wanna challenge for a place" last summer, we should never let players enter their last years of contract, it gives them all the power.

Anyway somewhat best case scenario is getting him out of the club, getting his wages off the book, and hopefully getting a loan fee.
Lingard also stands much to lose having to potentially watch a world cup from the TV instead of being with the squad.

dove

Guy who should have been sold at least 5 years ago, playing for some relegation fodder, earning 3x less than he is now, is furious we won't let him leave on his terms :lol: Just as shite footballer as his shite brand.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No, he is supposed to not have an actual agent.

Robertd0803

Has any other club ever been known to ask for a save you from relegation bonus payment?

What a mess.

James35

I don’t feel sorry for Jesse as he should have gone long ago and never have been given the high wages he is on, however the club are equally to blame and asking (if true) for a bit much with regards to relegation bonus etc. Getting his wages paid and a loan fee should be enough. Valued at £50m by the club in what dream world?…is it the same one where Maguire is worth £80m and AWB £50m because we all know that world is a joke.

Reactions: golden_blunder

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I say we drop him to reserves and let him miss his last chance to represent England.

What unprofessionalism
He’s letting off steam/venting, to try and push a loan through. Nothing new in it. I don’t really consider it unprofessional if we’re not going to use him. Find a compromise and ship him out

stevoc

Who is talking about just last summer (Jones and Bailly) were previous summers quite obviously
I am, I was talking about Solskjaer/Lingard last summer in the post you replied to mate.

Plus Bailly's contract would have been up last summer if he hadn't renewed, I thought that's what you were talking about as he couldn't have left on a free before last summer.

Pintu

They'll cave on deadline day. They need to stay in the PL. We're calling their bluff.
Not sure that they will.
If they have to spend crasy money, they will rather spend it on a long term contract.

Has any other club ever been known to ask for a save you from relegation bonus payment?

What a mess.
The bonus would make sense if he was agreeing to a long term deal at N’castle. But he is not, and United trying to sell a 6 month loan for such conditions is delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.