Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackers0seven

Wow,was all for giving Jesse mins after the greenwood situation, we are a bit light in numbers and in big battle for 4th..but now I think just let him rot with u23s.hopefully at your next club you might learn to keep quiet and play when asked..that's what your wage is for. Utd should fine him

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Wow,was all for giving Jesse mins after the greenwood situation, we are a bit light in numbers and in big battle for 4th..but now I think just let him rot with u23s.hopefully at your next club you might learn to keep quiet and play when asked..that's what your wage is for. Utd should fine him
You do realize Rangnick gave him off?

Passitlikescholes

And why would Rangnick risk having an uncommitted player, play in a one off knock out match?

Can we stop making excuses for Jesse? It's been excuse after excuse after excuse.

Out of form - "He was brilliant for 6 games and those 6 games out of 142 are his real level"
Completely out of form - "He's the only player in the world going through personal issues, once he gets over his personal issues he'll show everyone his class"
leaks to media - "Jesse has every right to feel aggravated because of the way the club treated him"
etc etc etc etc etc

Just stop. Enough excuses have been made for him, maybe the spotlight should be brightly shone on Jesse.

Adam_S

So the club held onto him due to a combination of financial and squad depth issues, then subsequently decided to pay him to sit at home and not be part of match day squads.How does that work exactly?

RonaldoVII

So the club held onto him due to a combination of financial and squad depth issues, then subsequently decided to pay him to sit at home and not be part of match day squads.How does that work exactly?
If he can't get in the matchday squad with what we have left then he's given up.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
David Beckham level drama, Tom Cleverly level ability.

This fraud has scored 35 goals in like 8 fecking years.

Yet he acts, and is covered and trades on the coverage, like he's some top level talent.

Why the feck haven't we got rid before now.

feck off Jesse, good luck promoting your "brand" once you're playing for some midlevel team.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Tired of it now. The club backed him through thick and thin with his personal problems - if he's still being affected by them then it's for the best he goes somewhere new in the Summer.

Poor attitude now after all the support he received.

nainaisson

Ralf really loves endearing certain players with the fans. The way he does it in such an understated way is brilliant. Mourinho and Van Gaal were never this clever.

SmallCaine

Ralf really loves endearing certain players with the fans. The way he does it in such an understated way is brilliant. Mourinho and Van Gaal were never this clever.
He's flushing all turd out before the next manager gets here. Can't ask for more from a care taker manager in terms of squad rebuilding.

crackers0seven

You do realise that the story doing the rounds is that ralf ask him to be in the squad or start and Jesse mentioned Personal issues or not in right frame of mind... that's called a excuse buddy. Any reason not to do his job. We all have Personal issues and yet we all go to our 9 to 5s. Then to really nail down he's professionalism after ralf 'gives time off ' Jesse comes out and goes against what his manager said in the press conference saying he never said that.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Surprised he's lasted this long at United. He's hardly delivered at United. Don't let a few important goals over many years of mediocrity and a purple patch at West Ham distort our minds. He was given the freedom to play by opposition teams at West Ham. United teams aren't afforded that luxury and space. If the argument is him not getting chances then I'd counter by saying he's been given plenty of chances in the past by various managers without ever being a stand-out. He's also hardly likely to get game time ahead of Bruno and Pogba except in less meaningful games.

Some of these players have let their egos surpass their talents.

Last edited:

Water Melon

His next move is out of United, hopefully. Our youngsters are knocking on the door, and I am absolutely sure we won't miss JLingz. Ciao.

Pronewbie

Peep
Always knew the players would have no place to hide after Solskjaer left. I don't even think the club is in the wrong for wanting a fee for Lingard. If he wants a move so badly, how about taking a pay cut or forsaking a portion of that signing on fee?

Our players have been molly coddled for too long because of bad examples by this Board. They expect to have their cake and eat it at the same time.

I hope that this will be an example for players thinking of doing the same. We need to protect our interests too.

stevoc

Always knew the players would have no place to hide after Solskjaer left. I don't even think the club is in the wrong for wanting a fee for Lingard. If he wants a move so badly, how about taking a pay cut or forsaking a portion of that signing on fee?

Our players have been molly coddled for too long because of bad examples by this Board. They expect to have their cake and eat it at the same time.

I hope that this will be an example for players thinking of doing the same. We need to protect our interests too.
If he was so desperate to move all he had to do was inform the club January 1st he's willing to move somewhere on a permanent transfer. The club in a million years wouldn't have stood in his way.

But obviously he didn't want a permanent transfer only a loan as he wants to run his contract down which is fair enough. But in that case then he should have kept his head down, not post tweets supporting West Ham, not feed journos sob stories about how the club are mistreating him, get a handle on his family posting bullshit about him being a prisoner on social media and don't post tweets contradicting and undermining his manager.

He's really has become an unprofessional prick.

AshRK

How can people still defend this prick. I fear he will put some half decent performance and we will give him a new contract.

miked99

This guy's spent years hanging around like a spare part. You'd be forgiven for forgetting he was even at the club for long periods. And now he's kicking off because he can't leave six months early?

spiriticon

Probably my most disliked home grown player.

He got so many chances as our first choice number 10 for a good few years and went on to score 0 goals in more than a year.

He's so shit yet has attitude. God sakes.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Cant wait until he’s out of the club for good. Man, you’ve been off for 8 years and cant even be bothered to be on the bench anymore.. bye Jesse!

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Feck Jesse Lingard, and feck everybody who didn't release him.

Things were bit more murky when Martial contradicted Rangnick, but this time around what Rangnick said was very non-confrontational. Nobody even minded Jesse needing couple days after a botched transfer. And out of empty space he jumps on social media to embarrass the manager and flex muscles. Why? Jesse cares about Jesse and United be damned.

He should have left, as a footballer, and as a person - he's dead to me.

m1tch

Going on a free means big wages but the question is which club is insane enough to give him the 4 or 5 year deal he'll be after? He's 30 at the end of the year and when he's shit he's shit for a whole year at least (as seen in his peak years that are now behind him).

Whoever signs him will be doing so with completely short term thinking. 100% in 2024 he'll be stinking the place out at his new club and they'll be saddled with him and his wages for years still.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Pays as you play contract, or something like Burnley, Brentford... is waiting for him. Though you never know what Everton are up to!

Red_toad

Came up on my feed this morning about Duncan Edwards on his death bed wanting not to miss the United v Wolves game. Now we have players who need to clear their heads after a winter sun training camp. Says a lot about the mentality of some of our current players :confused:

united for life

It has to be westham for him. He succeeded there on his loan spell and the fans seem to like him. The move would make sense

Tony247

Has he joined any club? No news. Strange, given he is available for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.