Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Nah, he is off to Barca. Someone needs to revive that club - who better than Lingard?

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
A return to the dance floor? (The Emerites Stadium)

I actually think he'd do well there.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Nah, he is off to Barca. Someone needs to revive that club - who better than Lingard?
Very true - as such.

But Lingard is such a young player, still unfinished in many ways - to be honest I doubt Barca's trophy hungry board have the vision and the patience to go for someone like him (although they definitely should - he's, what, six months old? When he gets close to forty, he could be half decent for more than half a dozen games on the run...and then! Sky's the limit and so forth).

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I'll be glad to see him leave just for an end to the young player 'jokes'

Bwuk

I could see him at Villa to replace Barkley.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't know about that. Previously before his shocking dip due to off field problems he played very well. I think he has found himself again.

Truth be told I think his favorite to leave. But I would not be surprised if he stayed and shocks many by keeping his form. Even as a squad regular.
We need money, we don't have time to wait for him to see if he can somehow become much better at United, he's in demand, year left, let's not extend another player who hasn't been useful for ages. Sometimes we really have to get it right.

Halftrack

I don't know about that. Previously before his shocking dip due to off field problems he played very well. I think he has found himself again.

Truth be told I think his favorite to leave. But I would not be surprised if he stayed and shocks many by keeping his form. Even as a squad regular.
Jesse's a decent player, but outside of that short 'Messi Lingard' period, I don't think he's ever played "very well" for us.

And keeping what form? He was back to the Jesse we know towards the end of the loan.

ti vu

Surprised seeing price suggested here, 10m? 15m?

Buendia goes for 39m (1 goals in PL)? An English international with experience at United, he should go for at least 25m, even if he has 1 year left.
Contract length, and wage are the issue. Ole doesn't have plan for Lingard, so it's not like Lingard can play a role to compensate for his wage in this one year before leaving for free.

That's even before we're taking into inexperience of young Jesse. It's hard work to coach such a young player like him...

The Purley King

He’ll go for around £25m I reckon.
Anything less and we will have been shafted. Also it’s clear he doesn’t have a future at Utd no way he stays....

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we can sell him great. But I'd love to keep him in his current form.
The last 5-6 games he dropped off a fair bit.
Probably a mix of him having been totally fresh against players who'd played half a season, and coming against teams who parked up a bit.

Pavl3n

Are there any news on him? Any teams interested in him?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Being reported (the S*n) that he's asked to stay. Surely, even if true, we sell him now. Come on.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Probably just wants to run his contract down for a bigger signing on fee next summer
At 29 he will want to be playing as many games as possible. Doesn’t make any sense for him to sit on the bench for a year at this point and I doubt it would make any sense financially.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
At 29 he will want to be playing as many games as possible. Doesn’t make any sense for him to sit on the bench for a year at this point and I doubt it would make any sense financially.
If people are talking about him being worth 10 to 20 million i think its logical he could probably get 7.5m as a signing on fee somewhere... he could sign a pre contract in January
So financially he will make 7.5m for sitting on the bench / in the stands for 5 months (August to december) so whats that about 20 weeks... so 350k a week extra to sit on the bench... i mean i don't know about you but that might motivate me finacially

0le

He will get offered a contract extension and therefore decide to stay.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Apparently he was wearing Declan rices England shirt during the match

Bondi77

After his loan displays he is the best backup option we have for Bruno at the club.

gajender

If people are talking about him being worth 10 to 20 million i think its logical he could probably get 7.5m as a signing on fee somewhere... he could sign a pre contract in January
So financially he will make 7.5m for sitting on the bench / in the stands for 5 months (August to december) so whats that about 20 weeks... so 350k a week extra to sit on the bench... i mean i don't know about you but that might motivate me finacially
That sounds good in theory but his stock is quite high at the moment and he might be able to get decent contract with good money and contract length but if he tries to sit his contract out United might also play vindictive and could banish him completely out of the squad which could adversely impact his ability to get decent contract somewhere else things could certainly backfire , it's a risk in my opinion which Lingard would be well advised to avoid.

he could sign a pre contract for a club outside of the PL. He wants to stay in England. I think that’s pretty clear. So he would be giving up an entire season of his career.

What we have seen at Weat Ham is a motivated player who enjoys playing football. He’s not going to throw that away.

furthermore, players and clubs rarely commit to these pre contracts as both parties want to see the situation at the end of the season.
furthermore, players and clubs rarely commit to these pre contracts as both parties want to see the situation at the end of the season. I.e did the club qualify for the CL/EL/avoid relegation etc.

It happens more when playing football manager than in real life…

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Are people considering him staying again? I love Jesse, but he needs to move on for the sake of his career. He killed it at West Ham, and plays well with the likes of Antonio, Fornals etc.

Surprised West Ham haven't put in a bid yet. They've locked in Moyes, so only a matter of time before they put in a bid for our Jesse.

£25-30m should do it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That’s all well and good but it’s Jesse lingard we’re talking about. Aside from loan spells he’s been at United his whole life. If Ole tells him there’s still a chance to be part of the squad he will take it not because of money. If he’s told he’s not going to be needed I’m sure he will leave

redmanc

Needs to go for his own sake and the clubs... we dont get anywhere near as much space and time on the ball as he has benefited from at West Ham which has clearly helped him no-end, i suspect if he stayed with us we'd see the old frustrated ineffective jessie again.

Bondi77

If he can show the same form for us, yeah. I'd argue he might not be able to do that with limited opportunities and increased pressure.
That is going to apply to any player we have that is going to be backup to Bruno though isn’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.