Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Good signing Lingard he impressed in the second half of the season for West Ham. He's young so he could still improve

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
It it was Chelsea, he would be in half the money he is now. We give extremely high salaries to mediocre players and then wonder why we cannot get rid of them.
Because we have absolutely clowns working for us that give high wages to sub standard players.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
He’s 100% going to be with us next season isn’t he?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If it is true about us playing 2 attacking mids and 1 defensive next season, maybe Ole could use him as a back up for that.
I think we really need to get rid now. We've got Mejbri.

dinostar77

£30mil price tag on lingaard? Why do utd do this? Hammers were keen to buy for £20mil. Sell at that price and tell them they HAVE to take phil jones as part of the deal.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Why was Lingard allowed extra time off?
I know he posted something about having to isolate after going on holiday but surely he should still be reporting back the same time as the rest who didn't play Internationals.

Gandalf

£30mil price tag on lingaard? Why do utd do this? Hammers were keen to buy for £20mil. Sell at that price and tell them they HAVE to take phil jones as part of the deal.
Don't know where you are getting your prices from, I don't believe we have said 30m and I also don't think West Ham even have 20m. They just tried to buy Sam Johnstone and could only scrape together 6m as a bid which WBA rightly considered laughable. The Hammers are broke as a busted flush so if we do sell Lingard I doubt that is where he will be going.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He’ll be here for the season I think. Could do very well here too. His West Ham form was nothing short of spectacular. Looked a different player. I’m not his biggest fan and think he’s an absolute bell end. But he could do a good job for us this year. Carries the ball well, has an engine and an eye for goal.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He’ll be here for the season I think. Could do very well here too. His West Ham form was nothing short of spectacular. Looked a different player. I’m not his biggest fan and think he’s an absolute bell end. But he could do a good job for us this year. Carries the ball well, has an engine and an eye for goal.
Maybe with Rashford missing the season it might be wise keeping lingard as back up

Judas

Open to offers
Why? I just don't get how strongly people seem to dislike this bloke.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
He’s not a bell end at all, he’s just immature.

He started fantastically but about halfway through the loan he went back to the player we all know from here. It was a new club bounce. I really don't think he has any future with us.

dinostar77

Don't know where you are getting your prices from, I don't believe we have said 30m and I also don't think West Ham even have 20m. They just tried to buy Sam Johnstone and could only scrape together 6m as a bid which WBA rightly considered laughable. The Hammers are broke as a busted flush so if we do sell Lingard I doubt that is where he will be going.
Duncan Castles on todays transfer window podcast.

Irrational.

It’s great that youngsters like Lingard have role models like Hannibal and Elanga (who have been through the youth setup) to look up to when planning their route to the first team.

“If you’re good enough, you’re old enough” - Mahatma Gandhi

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Well, I suppose they could always sell a player, maybe even to us.

OverratedOpinion

If we don't sell him this summer and he performs the way he did for us the past 3 years then we let him go for next to nothing or let him sit in the reserves then it will be one of the stupidest decisions I can remember in the transfer market. He had a great run in a new club despite being a very limited player and his value will never be higher. He seems like a nice lad who loves the club so I will always wish him nothing but the best but now is the time to get rid, there will never be a better time.

Jezpeza

I read he was needed for pre season with so many still away or coming back from euros etc. He will leave later in the window imo

The United

Funny I think that he would be a better player to give Bruno a rest for a few games than DVB. He can also play on the wings.

I don't mind having him as a squad player this season.

stevoc

Funny I think that he would be a better player to give Bruno a rest for a few games than DVB. He can also play on the wings.

So can Van Der Beek.

Stabra

He only has 1 year contract, until 06.2022. I could imagine him letting it expire to get good money on a transfer next summer.

Flytan

I don't hate the dude but why is it seemingly impossible for us to sell anybody ever? Like forget Phil Jones or de gea whos contracts are nuts. Why can't we easily offload players like lingard or bailly? Hell I think. It was a journey to sell of darmian

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
This! Brilliant

NewGlory

We didn't just buy Jadon Sancho and groom Greenwood so that fecking Jesse Lingard play on our wings. Teams where Lingard would be an acceptable winger finish 6th or 7th

The United

We didn't just buy Jadon Sancho and groom Greenwood so that fecking Jesse Lingard play on our wings. Teams where Lingard would be an acceptable winger finish 6th or 7th
You know the concept of a squad player and all..

NewGlory

You know the concept of a squad player and all..
I vaguely recollect something like that from old times. But ever since Pep and City's oil-rich owners have stacked its ranks with 22 players of equal strength, winning EPL with "squad players" of Lingard's quality has become impossible, wouldn't you say?

The United

I vaguely recollect something like that from old times. But ever since Pep and City's oil-rich owners have stacked its ranks with 22 players of equal strength, winning EPL with "squad players" of Lingard's quality has become impossible, wouldn't you say?
Did Pool have 22 players of equal strength when they won the title?

Loon

:lol:
His time at West Ham has shown he's a "Can do a job" player, which is usually attractive to the Moyes/Bruces of the world, funny nobody has come in for him.

Commentary

Ideally West Ham for good will in pursuing Declan Rice this year or next (if Chelsea don't sweep him up)

Rumours are that AC Milan are interested, Raiola probably seeing money bags with that move.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why was Lingard allowed extra time off?
I know he posted something about having to isolate after going on holiday but surely he should still be reporting back the same time as the rest who didn't play Internationals.
because he was involved in those England warm up games before the Euro's

charlenefan

Ideally West Ham for good will in pursuing Declan Rice this year or next (if Chelsea don't sweep him up)

Rumours are that AC Milan are interested, Raiola probably seeing money bags with that move.
Raiola isn't his agent anymore

charlenefan

His time at West Ham has shown he's a "Can do a job" player, which is usually attractive to the Moyes/Bruces of the world, funny nobody has come in for him.
I expect a lot of outgoings towards the end of the window, no one is going to pay 30m for Lingard at the start of the window they'll wait till nearer the end

Josh 76

Thing with Lingard is he needs a run of games as the main man to gain form. He isn’t going to get that at Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.