Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redlyn

All the people talking about being backup to Bruno. It only works of the coach believes you can do a good job there. If Jesse or DVB is the backup, Bruno will be run to the ground still. Ole likes to play relatively strong teams in all comps.

We should sell him. His time is up.

drdoityourself

Athletic saying he's looking to get improved terms and staying at United. How on earth he has done enough to justify a new contract, let alone a pay rise is beyond me.

He said himself he needs a run in a team and belief to perform. He's not getting that here if we're serious about challenging for the league. The club can not keep repeating the same mistake, rewarding average to poor performances with bumper new contracts to project value, value that cannot be met by other clubs because of those ludicrous payrises.

Sell him ASAP.

red4ever 79

Will be interested to see how Ole handles all this. Let's say we continue with 4-3-3 next season. We have the following players for the midfield spots
Bruno
Pogba
Fred
McTom
Matic
DVB
Lingard
Perriera
Garner (likely will go on loan)
Mejbri (good enough for first team squad)
Shoretire (good enough for first team squad)

Then for the front 3 we have,
Cavani
Rashford
Sancho
Martial
Greenwood
Mata
Diallo (good enough for first team squad)
Elanga
James

We are clearly over-stacked in these areas, without having a really top quality CDM. Personally I would move Lingard and Perriera out, and the decision to renew Mata was very strange. James also needs to go. I suspect Ole will loan out some of the younger ones as they are probably too good for the reserves but maybe not quite ready to start in the first team.

Josh 76

Does he? He was dropped into that West Ham team and instantly was making a huge difference.
It was a combination of Westham playing to his strengths and teams not putting 10 men behind the ball, like they do against Utd .

Judas

Open to offers
It was a combination of Westham playing to his strengths and teams not putting 10 men behind the ball, like they do against Utd .
and? That's not the point you were making before. Yes West Ham suited him, no doubt about that. Just pointing out he didn't need a run of games to get going. He came in and conquered like only Lingardinho can.

Dve

He would be a better backup for Bruno than Donny but he needs first team football!
There seems to be some substance in the formation chance, and with 4-3-3, Lingard is no longer only back-up for Bruno. He could play ML, and actually, with a formation change, keeping Lingard starts making sense.

Mr Smith

I'll be really frustrated if we ends up staying here for the season. Not because I hate him or anything, but that because he's one of the few players we're willing and able to sell for a decent price. We need the cash far more than we need him in the squad.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We’d be absolutely mental not to sell now. His value is never going to be higher.

jesperjaap

Will be interested to see how Ole handles all this. Let's say we continue with 4-3-3 next season. We have the following players for the midfield spots
Bruno
Pogba
Fred
McTom
Matic
DVB
Lingard
Perriera

Cavani
Rashford
Sancho
Martial
Greenwood
Mata
Elanga
James

We are clearly over-stacked in these areas, without having a really top quality CDM. Personally I would move Lingard and Perriera out, and the decision to renew Mata was very strange. James also needs to go. I suspect Ole will loan out some of the younger ones as they are probably too good for the reserves but maybe not quite ready to start in the first team.
Completely agree. The whole squad is over stacked really, why for me personally we shouldnt be signing Trippier, may well start ahead of Bissaka, offers mor egoing forward blah blah blah. But really we needed this summer 3-5 quality first team competing players. We have a huge squad, with several should be loaned and in all honesty, still a mounting number of deadwood that are getting new contracts, not sold or coming back from loans with no concrete offers for them still.

For me, that list, there are a good 4/5 players, players that are getting regular minutes that we could sell and wouldnt really miss much....thats on top of a similar number we really should be shifting

Dve

Bruno
Pogba
Fred
McTom
Matic
DVB
Lingard
Perriera

Cavani
Rashford
Sancho
Martial
Greenwood
Mata
Elanga
James

And Chong?

I´m not sure Shoretire is ready for the first team squad.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Did Pool have 22 players of equal strength when they won the title?
No but they had deeper squad than us. Also, I would strongly argue that it was a statistical abberation assisted by unexpected effects of pandemic-disrupted season? The proof is in them exhausting their squad and showing abysmal form the very next season

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
And Chong?

I don't know either, but he has been undoubtedly very exciting every time he played for us. Magnificent talent.

Last edited:

Cecc07

Why is he still at United. I can't wait to see him gone. Biggest fraud in football.

red4ever 79

And Chong?

Chong is confirmed to go on loan to Birmingham I think once more lads get back from holidays. I like Shoretire, looked a class above at that level. Maybe your right. Still heavily bloated here

Matthew84!

Bruno
Pogba
Fred
McTom
Matic
DVB
Lingard
Perriera

Cavani
Rashford
Sancho
Martial
Greenwood
Mata
Elanga
James

Well for the front 3, yes there's alot of names but Rashford is going to miss the start of the season. Cavani won't play every game because of his age or Ole won't play him. Greenwood Is only 19, Mata is in his farewell season. Diallo i think will be loaned out, he needs to be playing every game, not 5 minutes here or a cup game there.
Most of the youngsters should go out on loan for a season.

Cecc07

When the standarts became so low for United and some fans? JL the eternal talent.....

Don't you guys want to see some real talent get his minutes intead of waiting ten years for him to actually stop being useless? Years of mediocrity, years of excuses, I can't believe that two purple patches of 2-3 months deceived so many people.

It is great to give chance to local lads, but if we want to be succesfull we can't wait them 5-10 years to became good, we have to be more ruthless.

bosskeano

By the sounds of it from Ole after the Derby match today, seems like Jesse is in his plans and sees him as the best option for Bruno. Clearly mentioning that by saying we were a bit short of good options at the end of last season.

bosskeano

you think about it....mata, matic, bruno, lingard, pogba, vdb, fred, mcT

that's a shit ton of CM's so there is no way you can bring in a camavinga or any CM with having 8 first team CM's in the squad

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Sitting on our bench gives him a better chance of being picked for England than playing well for West Ham every week did.

Dve

By the sounds of it from Ole after the Derby match today, seems like Jesse is in his plans and sees him as the best option for Bruno. Clearly mentioning that by saying we were a bit short of good options at the end of last season.
He said in the plans "for now", did he not? Didn´t sound like anything is settled yet.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
New 4 year contract with the option of an extra year at 200k (and probably more) p/w incoming.

We are unreal bad at this side of things. Hopefully we finally learn the hard way over the next few years…. but at least it’s cheaper than signing players. Lingard needs to play every week. Everyone else seems to get it.

AaronRedDevil

you think about it....mata, matic, bruno, lingard, pogba, vdb, fred, mcT

that's a shit ton of CM's so there is no way you can bring in a camavinga or any CM with having 8 first team CM's in the squad
When Pogba is gone to PSG, then Bruno is the only one with quality left. Then we'll need another mid.

hobbers

Hitting the crossbar probably worth another 50k/week in Matt Judge's deranged eyes.

acnumber9

Is he a better option than James, VDB and Mata?
In a sense, though he’s no good out wide and he’s competing with Bruno for the one position he plays well in. Doesn’t bode well for him getting many chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.