Not open for further replies.

Dve

bosskeano

well this could play a part in the jesse situation or pogba situation

Polar

If we change to 4-3-3 I can’t see no reasons to keep Jesse :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
While Ole's soundbites suggests he'll be part of the squad, you only have to remember previous comments about players we then quickly shipped off.

Hard to judge for sure, as they might think Lingard with that decent run of form for West Ham is worth being a squaddie next season.
Especially if we're looking at having 2 of the 3 in the centre more attacking this year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we change to 4-3-3 I can’t see no reasons to keep Jesse :(
Surely that's the exact reason we would have him if talk of the make up of the midfield is true, as 2 of the 3 would be attacking, with 1 more defensive guy.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
By the sounds of it from Ole after the Derby match today, seems like Jesse is in his plans and sees him as the best option for Bruno. Clearly mentioning that by saying we were a bit short of good options at the end of last season.
It's unclear why did we buy, or are not selling DvB, in that case. Also - what about Pogba? Both Pogba and Jesse can theoretically be great alongside Bruno, but are extremely inconsistent. Consistency wins titles. Why don't we stop being fecking sentimental, sell inconsistent "maybe"s and buy some solid options, even if we lose some money in the process?

CM10

I'm sure Jesse will still be off provided we get a respectable offer. Ole always talks players up before fecking them off so I wouldn't read too much into that

Jezpeza

I'm sure Jesse will still be off provided we get a respectable offer. Ole always talks players up before fecking them off so I wouldn't read too much into that
yeah. Not like Ole is going to come out and say ‘not arsed, dont need him’. This is a rare occasion where we have a player to sell who isnt obvious total turd, we will want to uphold his value

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Alexis Sanchez was “in my plans” until he wasn’t. I wouldn’t read much into Ole’s interview.

Matthew84!

I think with Ole saying that it keeps his value up, if he says yeah he can leave, West hams offer will be very low.
I think he should leave because I don't think he'll be happy sitting on the bench but he has played well in Brunos spot so could be used in cup games to rest Bruno.
I think if he does stay he'll play more than DVB and Mata combined.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He stays, he fights for his place. As should every player. Don't want a quitter.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Is this loser coming back to United?
Why do you call him a loser? Why are you in the newbies?Answer yourself these questions.

He's our player and never did anything wrong against this club, and if he wasn't good enough, well that's okay but why call him a loser, he will always have to go back for preseason unless, other clubs will pay money for him. If he wants to fight for his place meanwhile, well, would you rather hear him say, he's okay to play 5 games per season and take his pay check every week.

Last edited:

C'est Moi Cantona

If he's coming back on the understanding he's back up, and is fine with that (as he'd be a starter for alot of prem sides), then great, I'd far rather see Jesse come on than Mata or James that's for sure.

Superden

Whilst the likes of Bruno and Rushford were running on fumes he was banging them in for fun at the end of last season..that wasn't lost on ole...

Superden

Why do you call him a loser? Why are you in the newbies?Answer yourself these questions.

He's our player and never did anything wrong against this club, and if he wasn't good enough, well that's okay but why call him a user, he will always have to go back for preseason unless, other clubs will pay money for him. If he wants to fight for his place meanwhile, well, would you rather hear him say, he's okay to play 5 games per season and take his pay check every week.
The same people who get personal in their hatred with our own players then get triggered when the same players make the odd comment.

hobbers

Whilst the likes of Bruno and Rushford were running on fumes he was banging them in for fun at the end of last season..that wasn't lost on ole...
Yeh but not playing a second of football for the first 6 months might have something to do with that.

Though he actually scored 9 goals in his first 10 games for West Ham, pretty much won them 10 extra points, and then completely disappeared for the last 6 games of their season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeh but not playing a second of football for the first 6 months might have something to do with that.

Though he actually scored 9 goals in his first 10 games for West Ham, pretty much won them 10 extra points, and then completely disappeared for the last 6 games of their season.
Rice didn’t play many of those last games for what it’s worth

Castia

Lingard's got to go, and all this stuff about being in Ole's plans is just to stop West Ham thinking they can low ball us.
Yeah if I remember correctly Ole was even saying Lukaku was part of the plan when everybody knew he was off

If West Ham offer £20m we’ll struggle to turn that down

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I wonder if Atletico might fancy him?

I think he would probably prefer to stay in England though.

Bit concerned we are going to go into the season with a really bloated squad.

sdb4884

He has absolutely no chance of playing reguarly with us this season. With the likes of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho ahead of him. Surprised he hasn't moved on, Ole is an idiot if he keeps him; missing out on a possible 12-20m fee.

Redcy

Lingard knows there is no way he gets as big a contract elsewhere, plus there is the chance he can move into coaching with us.

Ole sees him as good for the dressing room, good backup for Bruno, despite Jesse's appalling record of no goals or assists in months when he was with us, and he faded fast at west ham.

I actually quite like him as a person, but he should have gone, but I doubt he will.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
His form came from playing regularly, he won't be much good here as an impact sub as he won't have had the minutes to up his form, he will lose confidence and return to mediocrity. There's a player in there but he needs the love, minutes and time to build his form and warming the bench for the majority of the season won't allow him to express any of his qualities here.

Scholsey2004

I could see an argument for keeping him as a backup striker. Hes played well there in various loans. The fact that we've never really used him there though suggests that probably wont happen in reality. If we dont move some players on this summer the squad will be absolutely enormous.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Surely he enjoyed being the main man at West Ham last season, name in the headlines every week, lingardinho etc. Go and get some more of that Jesse as your not going to get it wearing red.

foolsgold

He may not want to go anywhere are we can't force him to. He's got 12 months on his contract, he could potentially make a lot more money as a free agent, can sign a pre-contract deal with an overseas team in 5 months. He might fancy going to Italy, couldn't blame the guy if he did.

bosskeano

Ole should sell him but West Ham aren't going to spend over the odds for him especially if they can't sell Rice, if indeed they require that to happen in order to invest in the squad.

Lingard is clearly going to be Bruno's back up and we could play him alongside Bruno if we go a bit more offensive with the 433.

nathanf99

Jesse is a 'good' player but not the level of player we need now.

If he stays, it will be because he is comfortable at United, and if we keep him, it will be as a backup only. It doesn't really work well for either party. He was close to making the England team for the Euros at West Ham and with the WC next year, if he has any ambition to play in that, he needs to move on.

He can quite rightly run his contract down and leave on a free, but I'm not sure he is that sort of guy.

Personally, I think he will start the season with us but then move on before the window closes. Where he goes? I have no idea.

Gandalf

Ole should sell him but West Ham aren't going to spend over the odds for him especially if they can't sell Rice, if indeed they require that to happen in order to invest in the squad.

Lingard is clearly going to be Bruno's back up and we could play him alongside Bruno if we go a bit more offensive with the 433.
I still think there is a good chance he gets sold but it is clearly a depressed market and outside of a few big clubs there is really very little cash available for deals. I think we have tunnel vision about West Ham because he played there and did well but honestly they seem to be amongst the worst hit. I imagine later in the summer if Newcastle don't get Willock over the line or as looks likely Villa miss out on Emile Smith Rowe then they may look at Jesse as a decent alternative option but this is most likely to be a deadline day situation.

I am not optimistic about an overseas move, foreign clubs seem to be in especially dire straits and last I heard Jesse is helping to take care of his family and so I can't imagine going abroad is an option for him.

bosskeano

I still think there is a good chance he gets sold but it is clearly a depressed market and outside of a few big clubs there is really very little cash available for deals. I think we have tunnel vision about West Ham because he played there and did well but honestly they seem to be amongst the worst hit. I imagine later in the summer if Newcastle don't get Willock over the line or as looks likely Villa miss out on Emile Smith Rowe then they may look at Jesse as a decent alternative option but this is most likely to be a deadline day situation.

I am not optimistic about an overseas move, foreign clubs seem to be in especially dire straits and last I heard Jesse is helping to take care of his family and so I can't imagine going abroad is an option for him.
problem you get with all these overseas teams is that they will only pay if they can take him on loan. Milan and Inter(outside of Hakimi) seem to only do loan business deals so they won't dump 20m on him.

Tallis

I would prefer to sell but don’t think it’s the worst move to keep him as Bruno backup. Ultimately - Ole needs to decide if something has clicked during the loan move and he can now perform consistently or whether it was just a flash in the pan.

Our MF would then be DVB, new 6, Fred, McT, Matic, Bruno and Lingard assuming Pogba leaves. If Pogba stays; then no point keeping Jesse. We can then let Garner do another year of loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.